Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Having doubts with China
- 2 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 3 help with itinerary!
- 4 Christmas Time in India
- 5 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 6 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 7 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 8 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 9 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 10 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 11 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 12 Myanmar podcast
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 14 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 15 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax
- 16 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 17 Burma with a toddler
- 18 .INDONESIA, ETC...great new book!
- 19 Where have you be able to find your small denomination pristine currency?
- 20 I have 6 nights end of Nov Beg of December - ImTHINKING.....
- 21 Bali wedding in villa
- 22 beaches in Thailand
- 23 The world's biggest cave in Vietnam?
- 24 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 25 Escorted Tour of Vietnam