Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 2 Thai immigration program
- 3 Thai Jungle Experience
- 4 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 5 Angkor guides: Tek???
- 6 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 7 First time to India
- 8 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 9 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 10 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 11 First time getting out of the country
- 12 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 13 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 14 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 15 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 16 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 17 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 18 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 19 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 20 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 21 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 22 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 23 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 24 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 25 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --