Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 2 Singapore or Bali
- 3 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 4 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 5 Hotel in Tokyo
- 6 Borobudur and Yogyakarta - How long?
- 7 Kuala Lumpur & Penang
- 8 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 9 Business class on JAL
- 10 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 11 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 12 First Time in Thailand Trip Report - Bangkok & Surin Beach, Phuket
- 13 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 14 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 15 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching
- 16 Kunming, Yunnan, China
- 17 What beach to choose?!?!
- 18 Good Honeymoon Location in August 2015 on a budget
- 19 Private guides & drivers in China
- 20 Dogster: The Great Stumble Forward - India
- 21 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 22 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 23 Transit between International flight and domestic at Narita airport
- 24 Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia in June
- 25 Traffic in Hanoi
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --