Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thai island escape
- 2 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 3 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 4 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 5 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 6 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 7 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 8 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 9 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 10 Japan Itinerary for May
- 11 South Korea 5 days
- 12 Japan -OAT tour
- 13 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 14 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 15 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 16 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 17 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 18 General question
- 19 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 20 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 21 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 22 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 23 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 24 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 25 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An