Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 2 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 5 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 6 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 7 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 8 Family Trip to Japan
- 9 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 10 5 weeks in Japan
- 11 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 12 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 13 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 14 New Member
- 15 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 16 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 17 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 18 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 19 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 20 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 22 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 23 Lodge in Borneo
- 24 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 25 China and Japan help
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --