Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 2 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 3 Nancy Chandler maps
- 4 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 5 Hakone - where to stay for two nights
- 6 Adelphi Suites
- 7 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 8 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 9 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 10 Clothing needs
- 11 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 12 Help re. Visa.
- 13 Snow Monkeys in Japan
- 14 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 15 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 16 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 17 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 18 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 19 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 20 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 21 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 22 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 23 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?
- 24 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 25 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi