Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AMA vs VIKING
- 2 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 3 Most Fascinating Cities in South East Asia
- 4 Hotels in Kumamoto and Fukuoka
- 5 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 6 Hotel in Tokyo
- 7 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 8 Indochina Junk - Which vessel?
- 9 Burma and Vietnam, when to go.
- 10 Another Vietnam Visa Question
- 11 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 12 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 13 Incheon Transit Tours
- 14 Universal Studios Japan crowd levels in late November 2015?
- 15 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 16 Tokyo with kids : what an amazing trip!
- 17 Vietnam - September 2015
- 18 Seeking Vietnam Itinerary Advice
- 19 2-3 nights in Ubud, where to stay?
- 20 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 21 Burma or Laos.
- 22 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 23 Mid Autumn Festival China - Stay or go?
- 24 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 25 Worldspree Thailand or India
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --