Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 2 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 3 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 4 Free Tour Guide
- 5 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 6 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 7 India and Nepal 2014
- 8 India and Nepal 2014
- 9 Independent female traveller
- 10 Tour company practices
- 11 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 12 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 13 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 14 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 15 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 16 Help! Which to choose?
- 17 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 18 North Vietnam Again!
- 19 Passport Safety
- 20 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 21 Castle & King
- 22 Mt Aso Eruption
- 23 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 24 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 25 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures