Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 CNX late arrival?
- 2 currency conversion
- 3 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 4 50th Anniversary trip
- 5 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 6 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 7 Help - India take 2
- 8 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 9 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 10 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 11 The truth about elephant tourism
- 12 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 13 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 14 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 15 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 16 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 17 is this a good travel plan?
- 18 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 19 Phenom Penh
- 20 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 21 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 22 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 23 One day in Saigon
- 24 Bali private driver recommendation
- 25 North India Itinerary advice
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --