Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 2 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 5 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 6 Lodge in Borneo
- 7 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 8 China and Japan help
- 9 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 10 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 11 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 12 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 13 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 14 5 weeks in Japan
- 15 Requesting Passport Number
- 16 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 17 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 18 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 19 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 20 Phu Quoc
- 21 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 22 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 23 Help! India Visa question....
- 24 Singapore hotel
- 25 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --