Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 2 Passport
- 3 Japan Itinerary
- 4 Toddler twin travel in India
- 5 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 6 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 7 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 8 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 9 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 10 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 11 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 12 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 13 Help with Kyushu itinerary appreciated.
- 14 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 15 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 16 Amakusa island help
- 17 Japan Trip Delayed
- 18 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 19 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 20 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 21 Month long SE Asia trip
- 22 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 23 Cambodia weather
- 24 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 25 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --