Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 2 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 3 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 4 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 5 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 6 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 7 Photos from India!
- 8 How to handle cash in Japan
- 9 Great Wall hike
- 10 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 11 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 12 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 13 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 14 Six days in Hong Kong
- 15 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 16 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 17 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 18 Storing photos while traveling
- 19 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 20 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 21 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 22 BANGKOK HOTELS
- 23 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 24 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 25 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey