Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 2 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 3 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 4 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 5 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 6 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 7 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 8 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 9 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 10 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 12 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 13 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 14 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 15 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 16 Totally unprepared
- 17 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 18 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 19 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 20 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 21 An island paradise?
- 22 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu
- 23 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 24 Yet again! This time in Dharamsala
- 25 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --