Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best beaches in Sri Lanka
- 2 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 3 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 4 Eating in India
- 5 Trekking in India
- 6 Vietnam, Laos, Siem Reap, Chiang Rai - ? the right # days/order of travel??
- 7 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 8 What does a Japan Rail Pass really do?
- 9 Hong Kong Layover at Night
- 10 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 11 Sri Lanka plan
- 12 Off the Beaten Path Near Kanazawa?
- 13 Vietnam - September 2015
- 14 A tour operator overwhelmingly mentioned on another site
- 15 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 16 Cambodia & Vietnam- 2 Weeks with Kids
- 17 Private guide and driver for India
- 18 Hong Kong - help please.
- 19 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 20 Yangon Birthday Dinner
- 21 Where best to stay in Penang
- 22 Hotel in Hanoi
- 23 17-Day Itinerary
- 24 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 25 Need Help for the itinerary
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --