Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 2 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 3 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 4 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 5 Bali - Wedding destination
- 6 2 months in Indonesia
- 7 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 8 I miss Mongolia
- 9 Seoul Searching Questions
- 10 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 11 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 12 Visa on Arrival
- 13 Cooking Classes & Private Tours- Bangkok
- 14 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 15 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 16 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 17 Japanese art
- 18 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 19 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 20 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 21 First time to SEA
- 22 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 23 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 24 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 25 Hakone station confusion
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --