Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 2 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 3 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 4 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 5 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 6 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 7 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 8 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 9 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 10 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 11 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 12 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 13 Anything in Hanoi apart from the Old Quarter
- 14 hokkaido outskirts
- 15 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 16 HKIA taxi with 3 people plus luggage?
- 17 July itinerary in Japan
- 18 India and Nepal 2014
- 19 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 20 Phones, staying in touch and SIM cards in India
- 21 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 22 How early do you get to get to the airport in Thailand?
- 23 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 24 Hong Kong and ? for 8 days in April
- 25 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published