Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 2 Penang
- 3 Elephants in SE Asia.
- 4 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 5 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 6 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 7 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 8 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 9 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 10 World Record-breaking Art Exhibition in Hong Kong ( Big Era - 1960s )
- 11 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 12 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 13 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 14 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 15 Welcome To Saigon. The Heat Is On.
- 16 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 17 July itinerary in Japan
- 18 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 19 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 20 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 21 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 22 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 23 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 24 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 25 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!