Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Driving in Laos
- 2 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 3 Best Taiwan Sites
- 4 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 5 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 6 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 7 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 8 Passport Safety
- 9 Sightseeing suggestions for Manila
- 10 My trip report from the Philippines
- 11 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 12 Art in Shanghai
- 13 One week in Thailand
- 14 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 15 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 16 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 17 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 18 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 19 Where to Play Basketball In Phuket
- 20 Cebu/Bohol - where to stay, how to see Chocolate Hills
- 21 Obtaining Thai Visa in Laos
- 22 Thailand mid-December
- 23 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 24 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 25 What I like about Mumbai