Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From Pushkar to delhi
- 2 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 3 India adaptors
- 4 Jogyakarta & - Bali?
- 5 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 6 Help re. Visa.
- 7 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 8 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 9 Bangkok and Manila
- 10 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 11 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 12 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 13 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 14 Visa
- 15 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 16 Gluten free in Japan?
- 17 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 18 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 19 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 20 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 21 Need a guide in Burma?
- 22 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 23 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 24 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 25 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment