Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India travel agency/tour operator recommendations-OAT? WorldSpree?
- 2 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 3 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 4 Car, driver and hotels
- 5 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 6 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 7 Bali Question
- 8 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 9 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 10 Vietnam - Questions
- 11 India
- 12 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 13 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 14 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 15 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 16 Golden eagle festival Mongolia?
- 17 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 18 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 19 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 20 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 21 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 22 Osaka shopping
- 23 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 24 Takayama ideas in April?
- 25 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options