Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore
- 2 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 3 Kyushu rail pass
- 4 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 5 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 6 6 full days in Yagoon
- 7 Juphal and dunai help needed
- 8 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 9 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 10 Feedback on Thailand/SE Asia initial itinerary w/ kids
- 11 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 12 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 13 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 14 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 15 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 16 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 17 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 18 Currency in South Korea
- 19 Tipping in Japan
- 20 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 21 Places to visit in India in October
- 22 Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start
- 23 Cambodge / Laos / Vietnam arts
- 24 Driver in South India
- 25 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali