Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 2 My visit to Thailand
- 3 My visit to Cambodia
- 4 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 5 5 weeks in Japan
- 6 Japn tour 10 nights
- 7 Family Trip to Japan
- 8 Tour guides for Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakone, and Nara
- 9 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 10 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 11 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 12 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 13 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 14 My visit to Vietnam
- 15 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 16 Nepal
- 17 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 18 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 19 What is the Facilities & Services of Maharajas Express Train?
- 20 Gutted!
- 21 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 22 My visit to Lao
- 23 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 24 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 25 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --