Hi All --
So, travel is wonderful and great and exciting... except when it's not.
I've finally uploaded my trip report from my Luang Prabang and Bangkok voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some well-deserved recommendations.
Luang Prabang recommendations:
- Bring passport photos to expedite the visa process
- Attend Tak Bat (and be respectful)
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong
- Peruse the Royal Palace Museum
- Check-out the food market
- Climb Mount Phousi
- Dine at Sala Cafe
- Use my system for navigating the peninsula
- Hike Kuang Si Falls
- Stay at the Apsara Hotel
- If time permits, ride a boat to the Pak Ou Caves
- Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Trip report: http://www.esmetravels.com/category/travel-blog/bangkok-luang-prabang/
LUANG PRABANG & BANGKOK: WHERE MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT
Hi All --
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 2 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 3 200cc UTV for teenagers
- 4 Independent female traveller
- 5 One week in India
- 6 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 7 Travel Within -- The Art of Living International Center, Bangalore
- 8 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 9 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 10 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 11 Castle & King
- 12 North Vietnam Again!
- 13 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 14 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 15 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 16 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?
- 17 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 18 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 19 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 20 6 nights at Bahdhavgahr, or split between Bandhavgarg and Kanha?
- 21 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 22 Borneo or Sri Lanka for vacation?
- 23 reviews wanted for Sinorama tour company
- 24 We Recommend Our Guides! Saigon, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Angkor
- 25 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?