We are heading to Asia in July and have a bunch of places on the hit list. A few flights and accommodations are already booked, but we are leaving it a little open-ended for where the spirit moves us within a set number of places.
Luang Prabang was suggested as a place to hit, but it's one of the pricier options with flights in and out being comparable to regular travel outside of Asia. What I'm wondering is whether Luang Prabang is worth the visit over other places? Our itinerary currently sits as:
Phonm Penh (fly in)
Phuket/Phi Phi Island
I am actually also wondering if Singapore is the best option as we have a forced overnight there for our very first flight. In reality trying to decide if there is another place in Thailand or Malaysia we should be considering, or if Luang Prabang is indeed worth the extra cost and effort?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 2 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 3 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 4 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 5 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 6 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 7 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 8 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 9 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 10 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 11 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 12 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 13 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 14 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 15 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 16 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 17 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 18 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 19 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 20 A great trip in India
- 21 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 22 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 23 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 24 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 25 Nai Thon beach Thailand