We are heading to Asia in July and have a bunch of places on the hit list. A few flights and accommodations are already booked, but we are leaving it a little open-ended for where the spirit moves us within a set number of places.
Luang Prabang was suggested as a place to hit, but it's one of the pricier options with flights in and out being comparable to regular travel outside of Asia. What I'm wondering is whether Luang Prabang is worth the visit over other places? Our itinerary currently sits as:
Phonm Penh (fly in)
Phuket/Phi Phi Island
I am actually also wondering if Singapore is the best option as we have a forced overnight there for our very first flight. In reality trying to decide if there is another place in Thailand or Malaysia we should be considering, or if Luang Prabang is indeed worth the extra cost and effort?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 2 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 3 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 4 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 5 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 6 Bali - What to do?
- 7 Tips in Myanmar
- 8 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 9 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 10 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 11 Road Scholar tour in China
- 12 Being customs
- 13 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 14 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 15 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 16 myanmar
- 17 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 18 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 19 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 20 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 21 A beach of choice on Samui
- 22 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 23 Travel India solo
- 24 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 25 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help