We are heading to Asia in July and have a bunch of places on the hit list. A few flights and accommodations are already booked, but we are leaving it a little open-ended for where the spirit moves us within a set number of places.
Luang Prabang was suggested as a place to hit, but it's one of the pricier options with flights in and out being comparable to regular travel outside of Asia. What I'm wondering is whether Luang Prabang is worth the visit over other places? Our itinerary currently sits as:
Phonm Penh (fly in)
Phuket/Phi Phi Island
I am actually also wondering if Singapore is the best option as we have a forced overnight there for our very first flight. In reality trying to decide if there is another place in Thailand or Malaysia we should be considering, or if Luang Prabang is indeed worth the extra cost and effort?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 2 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 3 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 4 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 5 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 6 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 7 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 8 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 9 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 10 Cherry blossom
- 11 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 12 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 13 How safe is Delhi/India
- 14 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 15 Which Putu in Bali????
- 16 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 17 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 18 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?
- 19 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 20 Malaysia in September
- 21 Trip Report: Malaysian Borneo and Singapore
- 22 Asiana lounge in Seoul
- 23 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 24 Bangkok, Penang and Chiang Mai - Kathie's 2006 Trip Report
- 25 Overwhelmed by info...First time in Philippines...What Island