We are heading to Asia in July and have a bunch of places on the hit list. A few flights and accommodations are already booked, but we are leaving it a little open-ended for where the spirit moves us within a set number of places.
Luang Prabang was suggested as a place to hit, but it's one of the pricier options with flights in and out being comparable to regular travel outside of Asia. What I'm wondering is whether Luang Prabang is worth the visit over other places? Our itinerary currently sits as:
Phonm Penh (fly in)
Phuket/Phi Phi Island
I am actually also wondering if Singapore is the best option as we have a forced overnight there for our very first flight. In reality trying to decide if there is another place in Thailand or Malaysia we should be considering, or if Luang Prabang is indeed worth the extra cost and effort?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Four Best Sakura Sightseeing Places in Tokyo
- 2 Short trip to Myanmar
- 3 "necessities" for India
- 4 ATMs in Japan
- 5 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 6 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 7 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 8 50th Anniversary trip
- 9 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 10 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 11 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 12 Mandalay questions
- 13 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 14 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 15 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 16 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 17 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 18 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 19 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 20 Help - India take 2
- 21 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 22 CNX late arrival?
- 23 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 24 best singapore hotel
- 25 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?