We are heading to Asia in July and have a bunch of places on the hit list. A few flights and accommodations are already booked, but we are leaving it a little open-ended for where the spirit moves us within a set number of places.
Luang Prabang was suggested as a place to hit, but it's one of the pricier options with flights in and out being comparable to regular travel outside of Asia. What I'm wondering is whether Luang Prabang is worth the visit over other places? Our itinerary currently sits as:
Phonm Penh (fly in)
Phuket/Phi Phi Island
I am actually also wondering if Singapore is the best option as we have a forced overnight there for our very first flight. In reality trying to decide if there is another place in Thailand or Malaysia we should be considering, or if Luang Prabang is indeed worth the extra cost and effort?
- 1 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 2 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 3 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 4 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 5 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 6 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 7 Kashmir or Nepal
- 8 Restaurants near Shangri-la Kowloon and walking/food tours
- 9 Wildlife Tour of India
- 10 Cell Phones in India
- 11 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 12 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 13 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 14 white sand beaches in thailand
- 15 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 16 Udaipur, India
- 17 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 18 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 19 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 20 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 21 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 22 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 23 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 24 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 25 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions