We are heading to Asia in July and have a bunch of places on the hit list. A few flights and accommodations are already booked, but we are leaving it a little open-ended for where the spirit moves us within a set number of places.
Luang Prabang was suggested as a place to hit, but it's one of the pricier options with flights in and out being comparable to regular travel outside of Asia. What I'm wondering is whether Luang Prabang is worth the visit over other places? Our itinerary currently sits as:
Phonm Penh (fly in)
Phuket/Phi Phi Island
I am actually also wondering if Singapore is the best option as we have a forced overnight there for our very first flight. In reality trying to decide if there is another place in Thailand or Malaysia we should be considering, or if Luang Prabang is indeed worth the extra cost and effort?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Would travelers still be wise to use travel agents for Myanmar?
- 2 Getting From Bangkok to Koh Phangan
- 3 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 4 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 5 Tokyo hotel help
- 6 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 7 Moderate hotel in Phuket
- 8 Silk weaving community in Bangkok
- 9 Awesome trip to Yellow Mountains and Hangzhou in China!
- 10 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 11 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing
- 12 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 13 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 14 Impressions of India
- 15 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 16 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 17 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 18 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 19 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 20 How much Yen?
- 21 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 22 South Korea for Chuseok
- 23 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 24 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 25 Getting Yourself Around Beijing