We are heading to Asia in July and have a bunch of places on the hit list. A few flights and accommodations are already booked, but we are leaving it a little open-ended for where the spirit moves us within a set number of places.
Luang Prabang was suggested as a place to hit, but it's one of the pricier options with flights in and out being comparable to regular travel outside of Asia. What I'm wondering is whether Luang Prabang is worth the visit over other places? Our itinerary currently sits as:
Phonm Penh (fly in)
Phuket/Phi Phi Island
I am actually also wondering if Singapore is the best option as we have a forced overnight there for our very first flight. In reality trying to decide if there is another place in Thailand or Malaysia we should be considering, or if Luang Prabang is indeed worth the extra cost and effort?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 2 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 3 Japan Itinerary
- 4 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 5 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 6 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 7 Help with Kyushu itinerary appreciated.
- 8 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 9 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 10 Amakusa island help
- 11 Japan Trip Delayed
- 12 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 13 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 14 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 15 Month long SE Asia trip
- 16 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 17 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 18 Cambodia weather
- 19 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 20 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 21 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 22 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 23 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 24 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 25 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?