We are heading to Asia in July and have a bunch of places on the hit list. A few flights and accommodations are already booked, but we are leaving it a little open-ended for where the spirit moves us within a set number of places.
Luang Prabang was suggested as a place to hit, but it's one of the pricier options with flights in and out being comparable to regular travel outside of Asia. What I'm wondering is whether Luang Prabang is worth the visit over other places? Our itinerary currently sits as:
Phonm Penh (fly in)
Phuket/Phi Phi Island
I am actually also wondering if Singapore is the best option as we have a forced overnight there for our very first flight. In reality trying to decide if there is another place in Thailand or Malaysia we should be considering, or if Luang Prabang is indeed worth the extra cost and effort?
- 1 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 2 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 3 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 4 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 5 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 6 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 7 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 8 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 9 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 10 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 11 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 12 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 13 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 14 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 15 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 16 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 17 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 18 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 19 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 20 Anyone in Bangkok
- 21 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 22 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 23 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 24 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 25 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!