We are heading to Asia in July and have a bunch of places on the hit list. A few flights and accommodations are already booked, but we are leaving it a little open-ended for where the spirit moves us within a set number of places.
Luang Prabang was suggested as a place to hit, but it's one of the pricier options with flights in and out being comparable to regular travel outside of Asia. What I'm wondering is whether Luang Prabang is worth the visit over other places? Our itinerary currently sits as:
Phonm Penh (fly in)
Phuket/Phi Phi Island
I am actually also wondering if Singapore is the best option as we have a forced overnight there for our very first flight. In reality trying to decide if there is another place in Thailand or Malaysia we should be considering, or if Luang Prabang is indeed worth the extra cost and effort?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 2 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 3 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 4 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 5 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 6 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 7 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 8 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 9 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 10 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 11 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 12 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 13 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 14 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 15 November, March, June... Japan?
- 16 Itinerary Help Japan
- 17 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 18 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 19 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 20 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 21 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 22 Silk Road Tour - China
- 23 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 24 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 25 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice