We are heading to Asia in July and have a bunch of places on the hit list. A few flights and accommodations are already booked, but we are leaving it a little open-ended for where the spirit moves us within a set number of places.
Luang Prabang was suggested as a place to hit, but it's one of the pricier options with flights in and out being comparable to regular travel outside of Asia. What I'm wondering is whether Luang Prabang is worth the visit over other places? Our itinerary currently sits as:
Phonm Penh (fly in)
Phuket/Phi Phi Island
I am actually also wondering if Singapore is the best option as we have a forced overnight there for our very first flight. In reality trying to decide if there is another place in Thailand or Malaysia we should be considering, or if Luang Prabang is indeed worth the extra cost and effort?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary!
- 2 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 3 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 4 Thai Elephants
- 5 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 6 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 7 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 8 Luggage size China ?
- 9 Sri Lanka in August
- 10 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 11 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 12 India itinerary critique please
- 13 Japan/Korea/HK
- 14 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 15 Vientiane and ??
- 16 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 17 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 18 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 19 Impressions of India
- 20 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 21 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 22 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)
- 23 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 24 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 25 Mumbai short visit