We are at the end of our two week trip to this beautiful country. Our itinerary including Galle, at the Galle Fort Hotel, Yala at Chaya Wild, Ella at Mountains Heavens Guesthouse, Kandy at the Nature Walk Guesthouse and we are finishing our trip up at the Cinammon Lodge. As I am writing the monkeys are joining us at the pool. We had a private guide who was wonderful. He is a birder as well as a naturalistic guide and came with us on all our hikes and game drives. All the accommodations were great but different from some small and intimate to the much larger Cinammon Lodge. We saw tons of wildlife. In Yala we saw 6 leopards one two full days on game drives plus a lot of elephants. The birds were also incredibly beautiful and extremely close and easy to see. We also went whale watching and saw both the sperm and blue whales. We were also very lucky with the weather with no rain and not too hot. We did hikes in Ella, Lipton's Seat and Horton Plains as well as Sigiriya. We we blessed with views at every place and I could not imagine how it would be if it was boiling hot. The people were so warm and friendly. I would highly recommend Sri Lanka as a wonderful destination as well as an extremely good value for the money we spent. I can also say the Aruyvedic massage treatments were very good and worth experiencing.
Loving Sri Lanka
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 2 Best way to Shimla from Delhi ?
- 3 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 4 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 5 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 6 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 7 A wow spot
- 8 Myanmar itinerary help
- 9 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 10 Suggestions for time for Vietnam itinerary, please
- 11 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 12 6 full days in Yagoon
- 13 Phuket travel plans and hotel advise
- 14 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 15 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 16 Terrible experience with BLS international Houston
- 17 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 18 Can I arrive 5 days earlier then stated on VISA application?
- 19 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 20 Reading Suggestion for Burma
- 21 T Money or Seoul City Pass Plus
- 22 Considering a month in Hong Kong - Feb/15. Any apartment suggestions?
- 23 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 24 Thailand Hotel HELP
- 25 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao