We are at the end of our two week trip to this beautiful country. Our itinerary including Galle, at the Galle Fort Hotel, Yala at Chaya Wild, Ella at Mountains Heavens Guesthouse, Kandy at the Nature Walk Guesthouse and we are finishing our trip up at the Cinammon Lodge. As I am writing the monkeys are joining us at the pool. We had a private guide who was wonderful. He is a birder as well as a naturalistic guide and came with us on all our hikes and game drives. All the accommodations were great but different from some small and intimate to the much larger Cinammon Lodge. We saw tons of wildlife. In Yala we saw 6 leopards one two full days on game drives plus a lot of elephants. The birds were also incredibly beautiful and extremely close and easy to see. We also went whale watching and saw both the sperm and blue whales. We were also very lucky with the weather with no rain and not too hot. We did hikes in Ella, Lipton's Seat and Horton Plains as well as Sigiriya. We we blessed with views at every place and I could not imagine how it would be if it was boiling hot. The people were so warm and friendly. I would highly recommend Sri Lanka as a wonderful destination as well as an extremely good value for the money we spent. I can also say the Aruyvedic massage treatments were very good and worth experiencing.
Loving Sri Lanka
- 1 Train Fares in Japan
- 2 Which hotel in Bangkok?
- 3 Need help rounding out China itinerary
- 4 First trip to China - Itinerary advice please!
- 5 Firefly airlines - reliable and safe?
- 6 Train questions for November Japan trip
- 7 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 8 Udaipur, India
- 9 SEA Honeymoon - Feedback please!
- 10 NYT article in drop in women traveling to India
- 11 Sri Lanka itinerary help needed
- 12 Eight Days Solo in Burma
- 13 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 14 vaccines for vietnam I'm leaving soon !
- 15 Independence Day (Hari Merdeka) 2013
- 16 independent travel in India
- 17 Four Seasons Golden Triangle
- 18 I (HEART) HONG KONG
- 19 Trip Report - 5 1/2 days in Luang Prabang
- 20 Difficulty contacting Thai Elephant Conservation Center
- 21 Narita Limousine Bus vs train
- 22 Booking hotels in China in advance- is it necessary?
- 23 Singapore Things to do when a lone traveller
- 24 Malaysian Island for 5 nights
- 25 Sri Lanka (my favorite destination yet) Report & Recommendations