We are at the end of our two week trip to this beautiful country. Our itinerary including Galle, at the Galle Fort Hotel, Yala at Chaya Wild, Ella at Mountains Heavens Guesthouse, Kandy at the Nature Walk Guesthouse and we are finishing our trip up at the Cinammon Lodge. As I am writing the monkeys are joining us at the pool. We had a private guide who was wonderful. He is a birder as well as a naturalistic guide and came with us on all our hikes and game drives. All the accommodations were great but different from some small and intimate to the much larger Cinammon Lodge. We saw tons of wildlife. In Yala we saw 6 leopards one two full days on game drives plus a lot of elephants. The birds were also incredibly beautiful and extremely close and easy to see. We also went whale watching and saw both the sperm and blue whales. We were also very lucky with the weather with no rain and not too hot. We did hikes in Ella, Lipton's Seat and Horton Plains as well as Sigiriya. We we blessed with views at every place and I could not imagine how it would be if it was boiling hot. The people were so warm and friendly. I would highly recommend Sri Lanka as a wonderful destination as well as an extremely good value for the money we spent. I can also say the Aruyvedic massage treatments were very good and worth experiencing.
Loving Sri Lanka
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 2 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 3 vietnam and laos
- 4 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 5 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 6 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 7 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 8 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 9 Is 5 nights in Lombok too much? Which room at Quinci Pool Villas!
- 10 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 11 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 12 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 13 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 14 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 15 My SEA trip - photos update
- 16 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 17 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 18 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 19 1 week in Southeast Asia
- 20 Drink Rec for Sri Lankan Food
- 21 Jewelry shopping in Bangkok
- 22 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 23 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 24 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 25 Advice needed for April itinerary and rail pass