We are at the end of our two week trip to this beautiful country. Our itinerary including Galle, at the Galle Fort Hotel, Yala at Chaya Wild, Ella at Mountains Heavens Guesthouse, Kandy at the Nature Walk Guesthouse and we are finishing our trip up at the Cinammon Lodge. As I am writing the monkeys are joining us at the pool. We had a private guide who was wonderful. He is a birder as well as a naturalistic guide and came with us on all our hikes and game drives. All the accommodations were great but different from some small and intimate to the much larger Cinammon Lodge. We saw tons of wildlife. In Yala we saw 6 leopards one two full days on game drives plus a lot of elephants. The birds were also incredibly beautiful and extremely close and easy to see. We also went whale watching and saw both the sperm and blue whales. We were also very lucky with the weather with no rain and not too hot. We did hikes in Ella, Lipton's Seat and Horton Plains as well as Sigiriya. We we blessed with views at every place and I could not imagine how it would be if it was boiling hot. The people were so warm and friendly. I would highly recommend Sri Lanka as a wonderful destination as well as an extremely good value for the money we spent. I can also say the Aruyvedic massage treatments were very good and worth experiencing.
Loving Sri Lanka
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 General question
- 2 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 3 Japan Itinerary for May
- 4 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 5 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 6 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 7 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 8 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 9 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 10 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 11 South Korea 5 days
- 12 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 13 Thai island escape
- 14 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 15 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 16 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 17 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 18 Phuket Hotel
- 19 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 20 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 21 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 22 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 23 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 24 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 25 Delving into Kyushu, plus Osaka, Kyoto, Kurashiki, and Tokyo