We are at the end of our two week trip to this beautiful country. Our itinerary including Galle, at the Galle Fort Hotel, Yala at Chaya Wild, Ella at Mountains Heavens Guesthouse, Kandy at the Nature Walk Guesthouse and we are finishing our trip up at the Cinammon Lodge. As I am writing the monkeys are joining us at the pool. We had a private guide who was wonderful. He is a birder as well as a naturalistic guide and came with us on all our hikes and game drives. All the accommodations were great but different from some small and intimate to the much larger Cinammon Lodge. We saw tons of wildlife. In Yala we saw 6 leopards one two full days on game drives plus a lot of elephants. The birds were also incredibly beautiful and extremely close and easy to see. We also went whale watching and saw both the sperm and blue whales. We were also very lucky with the weather with no rain and not too hot. We did hikes in Ella, Lipton's Seat and Horton Plains as well as Sigiriya. We we blessed with views at every place and I could not imagine how it would be if it was boiling hot. The people were so warm and friendly. I would highly recommend Sri Lanka as a wonderful destination as well as an extremely good value for the money we spent. I can also say the Aruyvedic massage treatments were very good and worth experiencing.
Loving Sri Lanka
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India and Nepal 2014
- 2 Independent female traveller
- 3 Tour company practices
- 4 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 5 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 6 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 7 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 8 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 9 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 10 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 11 Help! Which to choose?
- 12 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 13 North Vietnam Again!
- 14 Passport Safety
- 15 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 16 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 17 Castle & King
- 18 Mt Aso Eruption
- 19 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 20 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 21 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 22 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 23 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 24 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 25 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family