We are at the end of our two week trip to this beautiful country. Our itinerary including Galle, at the Galle Fort Hotel, Yala at Chaya Wild, Ella at Mountains Heavens Guesthouse, Kandy at the Nature Walk Guesthouse and we are finishing our trip up at the Cinammon Lodge. As I am writing the monkeys are joining us at the pool. We had a private guide who was wonderful. He is a birder as well as a naturalistic guide and came with us on all our hikes and game drives. All the accommodations were great but different from some small and intimate to the much larger Cinammon Lodge. We saw tons of wildlife. In Yala we saw 6 leopards one two full days on game drives plus a lot of elephants. The birds were also incredibly beautiful and extremely close and easy to see. We also went whale watching and saw both the sperm and blue whales. We were also very lucky with the weather with no rain and not too hot. We did hikes in Ella, Lipton's Seat and Horton Plains as well as Sigiriya. We we blessed with views at every place and I could not imagine how it would be if it was boiling hot. The people were so warm and friendly. I would highly recommend Sri Lanka as a wonderful destination as well as an extremely good value for the money we spent. I can also say the Aruyvedic massage treatments were very good and worth experiencing.
Loving Sri Lanka
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 2 Connaught Place
- 3 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 4 Free and best app for searching restaurants in China
- 5 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 6 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 7 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 8 Nepal- recipe?
- 9 vietnam and laos
- 10 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 11 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 12 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 13 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 14 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 15 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 16 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 17 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 18 My SEA trip - photos update
- 19 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 20 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 21 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 22 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 23 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 24 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 25 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans