We are at the end of our two week trip to this beautiful country. Our itinerary including Galle, at the Galle Fort Hotel, Yala at Chaya Wild, Ella at Mountains Heavens Guesthouse, Kandy at the Nature Walk Guesthouse and we are finishing our trip up at the Cinammon Lodge. As I am writing the monkeys are joining us at the pool. We had a private guide who was wonderful. He is a birder as well as a naturalistic guide and came with us on all our hikes and game drives. All the accommodations were great but different from some small and intimate to the much larger Cinammon Lodge. We saw tons of wildlife. In Yala we saw 6 leopards one two full days on game drives plus a lot of elephants. The birds were also incredibly beautiful and extremely close and easy to see. We also went whale watching and saw both the sperm and blue whales. We were also very lucky with the weather with no rain and not too hot. We did hikes in Ella, Lipton's Seat and Horton Plains as well as Sigiriya. We we blessed with views at every place and I could not imagine how it would be if it was boiling hot. The people were so warm and friendly. I would highly recommend Sri Lanka as a wonderful destination as well as an extremely good value for the money we spent. I can also say the Aruyvedic massage treatments were very good and worth experiencing.
Loving Sri Lanka
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 buying a van in Mongolia
- 2 April in Bangkok, again!
- 3 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 4 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 5 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 6 Japan, japan
- 7 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 8 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 9 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 10 Hong Kong restaurants
- 11 Problems at 12,000'
- 12 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 13 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 14 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 15 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 16 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 17 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 18 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 19 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 20 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 21 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 22 How safe is Delhi/India
- 23 Malaria
- 24 Vietnam and coffee
- 25 I'm going to Japan!