We are at the end of our two week trip to this beautiful country. Our itinerary including Galle, at the Galle Fort Hotel, Yala at Chaya Wild, Ella at Mountains Heavens Guesthouse, Kandy at the Nature Walk Guesthouse and we are finishing our trip up at the Cinammon Lodge. As I am writing the monkeys are joining us at the pool. We had a private guide who was wonderful. He is a birder as well as a naturalistic guide and came with us on all our hikes and game drives. All the accommodations were great but different from some small and intimate to the much larger Cinammon Lodge. We saw tons of wildlife. In Yala we saw 6 leopards one two full days on game drives plus a lot of elephants. The birds were also incredibly beautiful and extremely close and easy to see. We also went whale watching and saw both the sperm and blue whales. We were also very lucky with the weather with no rain and not too hot. We did hikes in Ella, Lipton's Seat and Horton Plains as well as Sigiriya. We we blessed with views at every place and I could not imagine how it would be if it was boiling hot. The people were so warm and friendly. I would highly recommend Sri Lanka as a wonderful destination as well as an extremely good value for the money we spent. I can also say the Aruyvedic massage treatments were very good and worth experiencing.
Loving Sri Lanka
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 2 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 3 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 4 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 5 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 6 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 7 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 8 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 9 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 10 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 11 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 12 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 13 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 14 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 15 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 16 Anyone in Bangkok
- 17 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 18 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 19 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 20 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 21 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 22 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 23 Travel Insurance
- 24 South East Asia
- 25 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants