I just started planning our first trip to Maldives and am a little lost as there are quiet a few island and hotel choices. We are a family with 2 kids and will be traveling from Dubai. I started looking at the hotels on expedia. Our budget is between $250 to $300 per night and will be staying for 2 or 3 nights. I did see a few nice hotels on Expedia in that price range.
I do know that transportation cost from airport to the hotel could be between $1000 to $1500 for all four of us if it requires seaplane travel. I did notice some hotels that could e reached by boats from Male with lower transportation cost. However, if paying extra for seaplane takes us to a better location then I am OK with that.
I would appreciate if you have any advice with respect to resort and/or island I should aim for. Also, please advise if is more effective to book a package that includes everything (airfare, resort transportation and accommodation). With the costs mentioned above, I am looking at about $2000 for 3 night stay (including resort transportation) plus airfare from Dubai.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 2 http://testosteroneboostclassi.com/vitalpeak-xt/
- 3 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 4 http://helix6garciniareview.com/nitrobuild-plus-fr/
- 5 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 6 Totally unprepared
- 7 An island paradise?
- 8 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 9 Sri Lanka Question
- 10 Honeymoon in Sri Lanka - help/ideas
- 11 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 12 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 13 Discovering Paradise: fly to Sri Lanka
- 14 Trip to Sri Lanka
- 15 Three weeks in beautiful Sri Lanka
- 16 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 17 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 18 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 19 http://maleenhancementshop.info/vitalpeak-xt/
- 20 http://musclebuildingbuy.com/bella-dior/
- 21 dhttp://musclebuildingbuy.com/bella-dior/
- 22 http://www.piratetoyshop.com/kerave-hair-uk/
- 23 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 24 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 25 What seems to be my final itinerary