I just started planning our first trip to Maldives and am a little lost as there are quiet a few island and hotel choices. We are a family with 2 kids and will be traveling from Dubai. I started looking at the hotels on expedia. Our budget is between $250 to $300 per night and will be staying for 2 or 3 nights. I did see a few nice hotels on Expedia in that price range.
I do know that transportation cost from airport to the hotel could be between $1000 to $1500 for all four of us if it requires seaplane travel. I did notice some hotels that could e reached by boats from Male with lower transportation cost. However, if paying extra for seaplane takes us to a better location then I am OK with that.
I would appreciate if you have any advice with respect to resort and/or island I should aim for. Also, please advise if is more effective to book a package that includes everything (airfare, resort transportation and accommodation). With the costs mentioned above, I am looking at about $2000 for 3 night stay (including resort transportation) plus airfare from Dubai.
Thanks in advance!
Lost in Maldives
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 2 Malaysia travel route help!
- 3 Thailand for 2 weeks January 2016
- 4 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 5 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 6 Thailand Itinerary Rough Plan
- 7 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 8 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 9 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 10 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 11 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 12 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 13 best dining in Kyoto
- 14 Haridwar or Rishikesh?
- 15 Tokyo Sumo and Baseball
- 16 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 17 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 18 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 19 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 20 2-3 days in Georgia
- 21 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 22 Need advice on where to stay in Kyoto - Machiya vs Hotel?
- 23 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 24 Travel Insurance
- 25 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?