I just started planning our first trip to Maldives and am a little lost as there are quiet a few island and hotel choices. We are a family with 2 kids and will be traveling from Dubai. I started looking at the hotels on expedia. Our budget is between $250 to $300 per night and will be staying for 2 or 3 nights. I did see a few nice hotels on Expedia in that price range.
I do know that transportation cost from airport to the hotel could be between $1000 to $1500 for all four of us if it requires seaplane travel. I did notice some hotels that could e reached by boats from Male with lower transportation cost. However, if paying extra for seaplane takes us to a better location then I am OK with that.
I would appreciate if you have any advice with respect to resort and/or island I should aim for. Also, please advise if is more effective to book a package that includes everything (airfare, resort transportation and accommodation). With the costs mentioned above, I am looking at about $2000 for 3 night stay (including resort transportation) plus airfare from Dubai.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Delhi private guide
- 2 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)
- 3 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 4 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 5 Advice Request: Japan Rail Pass for Two Weeks
- 6 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 7 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 8 November Onsen
- 9 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 10 3 days with snow monkey visit.
- 11 Thai Elephants
- 12 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 13 Mumbai short visit
- 14 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 15 Phuket Beaches
- 16 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 17 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 18 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 19 Japan Itinerary!
- 20 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 21 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 22 Thailand Guides
- 23 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 24 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 25 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)