I just started planning our first trip to Maldives and am a little lost as there are quiet a few island and hotel choices. We are a family with 2 kids and will be traveling from Dubai. I started looking at the hotels on expedia. Our budget is between $250 to $300 per night and will be staying for 2 or 3 nights. I did see a few nice hotels on Expedia in that price range.
I do know that transportation cost from airport to the hotel could be between $1000 to $1500 for all four of us if it requires seaplane travel. I did notice some hotels that could e reached by boats from Male with lower transportation cost. However, if paying extra for seaplane takes us to a better location then I am OK with that.
I would appreciate if you have any advice with respect to resort and/or island I should aim for. Also, please advise if is more effective to book a package that includes everything (airfare, resort transportation and accommodation). With the costs mentioned above, I am looking at about $2000 for 3 night stay (including resort transportation) plus airfare from Dubai.
Thanks in advance!
Lost in Maldives
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 2 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 3 Thailand mid-December
- 4 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 5 "Naga New Year Festival 2015"
- 6 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 7 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 8 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 9 Indian visa
- 10 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 11 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 12 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 13 US citizens applying for India visa--take care which website you use
- 14 One week in Thailand
- 15 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 16 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 17 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara
- 18 Which is better with kids, Dubai or Singapore ?
- 19 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 20 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand
- 21 First trip to China ! Need help with itinerary
- 22 Mangalore, India as cruise stop…seems underwhelming
- 23 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 24 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 25 Hello from Thailand - I'm here!