I just started planning our first trip to Maldives and am a little lost as there are quiet a few island and hotel choices. We are a family with 2 kids and will be traveling from Dubai. I started looking at the hotels on expedia. Our budget is between $250 to $300 per night and will be staying for 2 or 3 nights. I did see a few nice hotels on Expedia in that price range.
I do know that transportation cost from airport to the hotel could be between $1000 to $1500 for all four of us if it requires seaplane travel. I did notice some hotels that could e reached by boats from Male with lower transportation cost. However, if paying extra for seaplane takes us to a better location then I am OK with that.
I would appreciate if you have any advice with respect to resort and/or island I should aim for. Also, please advise if is more effective to book a package that includes everything (airfare, resort transportation and accommodation). With the costs mentioned above, I am looking at about $2000 for 3 night stay (including resort transportation) plus airfare from Dubai.
Thanks in advance!
Lost in Maldives
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 2 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 3 Recommended - Book Halong Bay Cruise Vietnam - with Darian Culbert
- 4 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 5 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 6 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 7 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 8 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 9 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 10 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 11 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 12 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 13 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 14 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 15 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 16 Japan Itinerary for May
- 17 Thai island escape
- 18 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 19 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 20 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 21 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 22 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 23 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 24 South Korea 5 days
- 25 Japan -OAT tour