I just started planning our first trip to Maldives and am a little lost as there are quiet a few island and hotel choices. We are a family with 2 kids and will be traveling from Dubai. I started looking at the hotels on expedia. Our budget is between $250 to $300 per night and will be staying for 2 or 3 nights. I did see a few nice hotels on Expedia in that price range.
I do know that transportation cost from airport to the hotel could be between $1000 to $1500 for all four of us if it requires seaplane travel. I did notice some hotels that could e reached by boats from Male with lower transportation cost. However, if paying extra for seaplane takes us to a better location then I am OK with that.
I would appreciate if you have any advice with respect to resort and/or island I should aim for. Also, please advise if is more effective to book a package that includes everything (airfare, resort transportation and accommodation). With the costs mentioned above, I am looking at about $2000 for 3 night stay (including resort transportation) plus airfare from Dubai.
Thanks in advance!
Lost in Maldives
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 10 Day trip to Thailand - end of March
- 2 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 3 Destination Bangkok, again
- 4 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 5 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 6 where can i find replica handbags
- 7 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 8 Phones in Asia
- 9 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 10 Japan in December
- 11 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 12 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 13 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 14 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 15 India Add-on
- 16 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 17 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 18 Travel during China national week?
- 19 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 20 Phuket
- 21 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 22 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 23 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 24 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 25 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii