I just started planning our first trip to Maldives and am a little lost as there are quiet a few island and hotel choices. We are a family with 2 kids and will be traveling from Dubai. I started looking at the hotels on expedia. Our budget is between $250 to $300 per night and will be staying for 2 or 3 nights. I did see a few nice hotels on Expedia in that price range.
I do know that transportation cost from airport to the hotel could be between $1000 to $1500 for all four of us if it requires seaplane travel. I did notice some hotels that could e reached by boats from Male with lower transportation cost. However, if paying extra for seaplane takes us to a better location then I am OK with that.
I would appreciate if you have any advice with respect to resort and/or island I should aim for. Also, please advise if is more effective to book a package that includes everything (airfare, resort transportation and accommodation). With the costs mentioned above, I am looking at about $2000 for 3 night stay (including resort transportation) plus airfare from Dubai.
Thanks in advance!
Lost in Maldives
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal
- 2 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 3 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 4 Mongolia tour or independently
- 5 Thailand scenic places and must sees
- 6 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 7 Trip Report - 2 perfect days in New Delhi and driver recommendation
- 8 Please comment on Thailand and Cambodia Itinerary
- 9 At the top of Macau Tower!
- 10 Three days in Bangkok
- 11 Khao Lak
- 12 Vietnam Itinerary- Help!
- 13 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 14 Tiger Temple to lose all its tiger population soon
- 15 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 16 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 17 Photos from India!
- 18 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 19 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 20 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 21 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 22 Myanmar River Cruises
- 23 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 24 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 25 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint