I just started planning our first trip to Maldives and am a little lost as there are quiet a few island and hotel choices. We are a family with 2 kids and will be traveling from Dubai. I started looking at the hotels on expedia. Our budget is between $250 to $300 per night and will be staying for 2 or 3 nights. I did see a few nice hotels on Expedia in that price range.
I do know that transportation cost from airport to the hotel could be between $1000 to $1500 for all four of us if it requires seaplane travel. I did notice some hotels that could e reached by boats from Male with lower transportation cost. However, if paying extra for seaplane takes us to a better location then I am OK with that.
I would appreciate if you have any advice with respect to resort and/or island I should aim for. Also, please advise if is more effective to book a package that includes everything (airfare, resort transportation and accommodation). With the costs mentioned above, I am looking at about $2000 for 3 night stay (including resort transportation) plus airfare from Dubai.
Thanks in advance!
Lost in Maldives
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 2 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 3 Japan, japan
- 4 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 5 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 6 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 7 April in Bangkok, again!
- 8 Hong Kong restaurants
- 9 Problems at 12,000'
- 10 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 11 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 12 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 13 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 14 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 15 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 16 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 17 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 18 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 19 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 20 How safe is Delhi/India
- 21 Malaria
- 22 Vietnam and coffee
- 23 I'm going to Japan!
- 24 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 25 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!