I just started planning our first trip to Maldives and am a little lost as there are quiet a few island and hotel choices. We are a family with 2 kids and will be traveling from Dubai. I started looking at the hotels on expedia. Our budget is between $250 to $300 per night and will be staying for 2 or 3 nights. I did see a few nice hotels on Expedia in that price range.
I do know that transportation cost from airport to the hotel could be between $1000 to $1500 for all four of us if it requires seaplane travel. I did notice some hotels that could e reached by boats from Male with lower transportation cost. However, if paying extra for seaplane takes us to a better location then I am OK with that.
I would appreciate if you have any advice with respect to resort and/or island I should aim for. Also, please advise if is more effective to book a package that includes everything (airfare, resort transportation and accommodation). With the costs mentioned above, I am looking at about $2000 for 3 night stay (including resort transportation) plus airfare from Dubai.
Thanks in advance!
Lost in Maldives
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 2 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 3 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 4 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 5 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 6 Myanmar Visa Online - Report
- 7 General question
- 8 Japan Itinerary for May
- 9 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 10 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 11 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 12 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 13 South Korea 5 days
- 14 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 15 Thai island escape
- 16 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 17 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 18 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 19 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 20 Phuket Hotel
- 21 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 22 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 23 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 24 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 25 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)