I just started planning our first trip to Maldives and am a little lost as there are quiet a few island and hotel choices. We are a family with 2 kids and will be traveling from Dubai. I started looking at the hotels on expedia. Our budget is between $250 to $300 per night and will be staying for 2 or 3 nights. I did see a few nice hotels on Expedia in that price range.
I do know that transportation cost from airport to the hotel could be between $1000 to $1500 for all four of us if it requires seaplane travel. I did notice some hotels that could e reached by boats from Male with lower transportation cost. However, if paying extra for seaplane takes us to a better location then I am OK with that.
I would appreciate if you have any advice with respect to resort and/or island I should aim for. Also, please advise if is more effective to book a package that includes everything (airfare, resort transportation and accommodation). With the costs mentioned above, I am looking at about $2000 for 3 night stay (including resort transportation) plus airfare from Dubai.
Thanks in advance!
Lost in Maldives
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sr Lanka Update
- 2 vietnam and laos
- 3 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 4 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 5 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 6 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 7 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 8 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 9 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 10 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 11 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 12 Connaught Place
- 13 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 14 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 15 My SEA trip - photos update
- 16 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 17 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 18 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 19 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 20 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 21 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 22 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 23 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 24 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 25 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia