I just started planning our first trip to Maldives and am a little lost as there are quiet a few island and hotel choices. We are a family with 2 kids and will be traveling from Dubai. I started looking at the hotels on expedia. Our budget is between $250 to $300 per night and will be staying for 2 or 3 nights. I did see a few nice hotels on Expedia in that price range.
I do know that transportation cost from airport to the hotel could be between $1000 to $1500 for all four of us if it requires seaplane travel. I did notice some hotels that could e reached by boats from Male with lower transportation cost. However, if paying extra for seaplane takes us to a better location then I am OK with that.
I would appreciate if you have any advice with respect to resort and/or island I should aim for. Also, please advise if is more effective to book a package that includes everything (airfare, resort transportation and accommodation). With the costs mentioned above, I am looking at about $2000 for 3 night stay (including resort transportation) plus airfare from Dubai.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 2 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching
- 3 Kunming, Yunnan, China
- 4 What beach to choose?!?!
- 5 Borobudur and Yogyakarta - How long?
- 6 Good Honeymoon Location in August 2015 on a budget
- 7 Business class on JAL
- 8 Private guides & drivers in China
- 9 Dogster: The Great Stumble Forward - India
- 10 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 11 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 12 Transit between International flight and domestic at Narita airport
- 13 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 14 Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia in June
- 15 Traffic in Hanoi
- 16 Beaches a few hours from Bangkok
- 17 Japan Travel - Alone?
- 18 3 day in Hanoi, what’s worth to do?
- 19 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 20 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 21 4 hour Hong Kong layover
- 22 India group or private tour?
- 23 Myanmar Photo Trip. Lot's O' Photos!
- 24 GTG Boston-Cambridge (US) July 12
- 25 HA lounge at HND