I just started planning our first trip to Maldives and am a little lost as there are quiet a few island and hotel choices. We are a family with 2 kids and will be traveling from Dubai. I started looking at the hotels on expedia. Our budget is between $250 to $300 per night and will be staying for 2 or 3 nights. I did see a few nice hotels on Expedia in that price range.
I do know that transportation cost from airport to the hotel could be between $1000 to $1500 for all four of us if it requires seaplane travel. I did notice some hotels that could e reached by boats from Male with lower transportation cost. However, if paying extra for seaplane takes us to a better location then I am OK with that.
I would appreciate if you have any advice with respect to resort and/or island I should aim for. Also, please advise if is more effective to book a package that includes everything (airfare, resort transportation and accommodation). With the costs mentioned above, I am looking at about $2000 for 3 night stay (including resort transportation) plus airfare from Dubai.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 2 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 3 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 4 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 5 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 6 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 7 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 8 Rishikesh, India
- 9 India in March and April??
- 10 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 11 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 12 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 13 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 14 Tokyo Shopping: Sports Team Tees
- 15 Japan- National Holiday
- 16 Passport
- 17 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 18 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 19 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 20 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 21 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 22 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 23 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 24 Amakusa island help
- 25 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017