I just started planning our first trip to Maldives and am a little lost as there are quiet a few island and hotel choices. We are a family with 2 kids and will be traveling from Dubai. I started looking at the hotels on expedia. Our budget is between $250 to $300 per night and will be staying for 2 or 3 nights. I did see a few nice hotels on Expedia in that price range.
I do know that transportation cost from airport to the hotel could be between $1000 to $1500 for all four of us if it requires seaplane travel. I did notice some hotels that could e reached by boats from Male with lower transportation cost. However, if paying extra for seaplane takes us to a better location then I am OK with that.
I would appreciate if you have any advice with respect to resort and/or island I should aim for. Also, please advise if is more effective to book a package that includes everything (airfare, resort transportation and accommodation). With the costs mentioned above, I am looking at about $2000 for 3 night stay (including resort transportation) plus airfare from Dubai.
Thanks in advance!
Lost in Maldives
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 china
- 2 Sri Lanka trip Sept 2014
- 3 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 4 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 5 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 6 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 7 Mid Dec trip - Trying to plan alone **Feedback please****
- 8 Sapphire princess cruise from Singapore
- 9 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 10 New airport in Mumbai
- 11 Advice me to select saving plans in terms of free roaming
- 12 South East Asia
- 13 Driving in Laos
- 14 Two questions about Thailand
- 15 One week in Tokyo
- 16 Agent to book domestic Nepal flights
- 17 Ideal itereneray for Nepal
- 18 Six hours in Seoul, Korea
- 19 Where to next after watching Nanjing 2014 YOG
- 20 Overnight layover/transit in PEK or Shanghai WITHOUT a visa?
- 21 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 22 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 23 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 24 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 25 Flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh