I just started planning our first trip to Maldives and am a little lost as there are quiet a few island and hotel choices. We are a family with 2 kids and will be traveling from Dubai. I started looking at the hotels on expedia. Our budget is between $250 to $300 per night and will be staying for 2 or 3 nights. I did see a few nice hotels on Expedia in that price range.
I do know that transportation cost from airport to the hotel could be between $1000 to $1500 for all four of us if it requires seaplane travel. I did notice some hotels that could e reached by boats from Male with lower transportation cost. However, if paying extra for seaplane takes us to a better location then I am OK with that.
I would appreciate if you have any advice with respect to resort and/or island I should aim for. Also, please advise if is more effective to book a package that includes everything (airfare, resort transportation and accommodation). With the costs mentioned above, I am looking at about $2000 for 3 night stay (including resort transportation) plus airfare from Dubai.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam - September 2015
- 2 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 3 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 4 A combined trip to Darjeeling and Gangtok
- 5 2-3 nights in Ubud, where to stay?
- 6 BUSAN, attractions and hidden viewpoint hiking!
- 7 Burma or Laos.
- 8 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 9 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 10 best town to stay at for vsiting in Cultural Triangle area?
- 11 Tips for PNG (Varirata NP & POM stay)
- 12 Burma and Vietnam, when to go.
- 13 Seeking Vietnam Itinerary Advice
- 14 What to do with 2 weeks on honeymoon in Paradise Bali
- 15 Planning a 2-week trip to Thailand in mid-August
- 16 hanoi eats
- 17 Hakone accommodation options
- 18 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 19 Off the beaten track in Japan (Recommendation, please)
- 20 Visa
- 21 Comments please on 6 week South India Itinerary
- 22 Restaurants
- 23 My First Passage to India
- 24 Northern Vietnam Itinerary
- 25 Castle & King tour operator review