I just started planning our first trip to Maldives and am a little lost as there are quiet a few island and hotel choices. We are a family with 2 kids and will be traveling from Dubai. I started looking at the hotels on expedia. Our budget is between $250 to $300 per night and will be staying for 2 or 3 nights. I did see a few nice hotels on Expedia in that price range.
I do know that transportation cost from airport to the hotel could be between $1000 to $1500 for all four of us if it requires seaplane travel. I did notice some hotels that could e reached by boats from Male with lower transportation cost. However, if paying extra for seaplane takes us to a better location then I am OK with that.
I would appreciate if you have any advice with respect to resort and/or island I should aim for. Also, please advise if is more effective to book a package that includes everything (airfare, resort transportation and accommodation). With the costs mentioned above, I am looking at about $2000 for 3 night stay (including resort transportation) plus airfare from Dubai.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What does a Japan Rail Pass really do?
- 2 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 3 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 4 Sri Lanka plan
- 5 Off the Beaten Path Near Kanazawa?
- 6 Vietnam - September 2015
- 7 A tour operator overwhelmingly mentioned on another site
- 8 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 9 Best beaches in Sri Lanka
- 10 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 11 Cambodia & Vietnam- 2 Weeks with Kids
- 12 Private guide and driver for India
- 13 Hong Kong Layover at Night
- 14 Hong Kong - help please.
- 15 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 16 Yangon Birthday Dinner
- 17 Eating in India
- 18 Trekking in India
- 19 Where best to stay in Penang
- 20 Hotel in Hanoi
- 21 17-Day Itinerary
- 22 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 23 Need Help for the itinerary
- 24 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 25 India On Arrival Visa