I need your help with suggestions for a week long beach holiday early to mid August. We are planning to travel with a group of 4 -6 people in our mid to late 30's and possibly one infant for a birthday celebration.
We would prefer to go to a great beach location, prefer boutique hotels or villas and a place we can relax, eat at great restaurants, enjoy a few cocktails, local cultural sites and shop if possible. As we may have an infant travelling with us, I don't plan to go on major tours...but may organise a local driver/guide to see local sites.
We have all travelled to Bali & Thailand (Phuket, Koh Samui, Phi Phi, Krabi, Bangkok)...and I was looking into Malaysia (Penang) or Vietnam (Hoi An) but would like some input into either places or alternative spots.
Thanks in advance!
Looking for great beach holiday in Asia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 2 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 3 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 4 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 5 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 6 Ladakh:landscapes, lamas, lakes and the Indus.
- 7 Kumaon: Himalayan villages and views, the best of them, Binsar & Chaukori.
- 8 First trip-India--12 days including to/from and 3 day conference
- 9 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 10 Should I go to India?
- 11 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 12 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 13 Destination Bangkok, again
- 14 N. India itinerary feedback
- 15 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 16 Phuket
- 17 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 18 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 19 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 20 India, What Can I Say!
- 21 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 22 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 23 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 24 Travel during China national week?
- 25 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?