I need your help with suggestions for a week long beach holiday early to mid August. We are planning to travel with a group of 4 -6 people in our mid to late 30's and possibly one infant for a birthday celebration.
We would prefer to go to a great beach location, prefer boutique hotels or villas and a place we can relax, eat at great restaurants, enjoy a few cocktails, local cultural sites and shop if possible. As we may have an infant travelling with us, I don't plan to go on major tours...but may organise a local driver/guide to see local sites.
We have all travelled to Bali & Thailand (Phuket, Koh Samui, Phi Phi, Krabi, Bangkok)...and I was looking into Malaysia (Penang) or Vietnam (Hoi An) but would like some input into either places or alternative spots.
Thanks in advance!
Looking for great beach holiday in Asia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 2 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 3 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 4 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 5 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 6 Japan Itinerary for May
- 7 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 8 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 9 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 10 General question
- 11 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 12 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 13 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 14 South Korea 5 days
- 15 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 16 Thai island escape
- 17 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 18 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 19 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 20 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 21 Phuket Hotel
- 22 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 23 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 24 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 25 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport