I am planning my first trip to South east asia with a girlfriend. We are both female, 25 years old and we will be spending 3 -4 weeks exploring SE asia in May, 2013. We havent nailed down all of our destinations yet, but thought we would start with what beach we want to hit ( for about a week) and then plan around that since the beach portion is probably the most important part!
a little about what we want:
nice hotel/resort with a nice pool (clean is very important as my friend is terrified of bugs...we will obviously be running into some anyways)
something right on the beach
hotel with a nice/inexpensive spa
close proximity to good restaurants/bars (note we are not interested in partying like crazy but something close to some night life so we can go out when we feel like it)
our budget is flexible but I guess we probably dont want to spend anything more than $150 ish per night, although less would be great! If we had to stretch the budget a bit for a nice place we could...
a few people recommended ko Samui and I have read about Krabi. Any thoughts on these places? and more specifically, which beach to stay at?
If I have missed any information that might be helpful please let me know. We will be flying in and out of Hong Kong if that makes a difference in selecting a location. We will visit thailand for sure, and then we were contemplating between which other countreis between cambodia/laos/vietnam given the time limit of 4 weeks max.
thanks for all your help as always
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 2 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 3 It’s far a brilliant skin enhancer that includes
- 4 This method additionally makes use of herbal
- 5 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 6 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 7 Japanese art
- 8 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 9 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 10 Seoul Searching Questions
- 11 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 12 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 13 First time to SEA
- 14 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 15 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 16 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 17 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 18 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 19 Hakone station confusion
- 20 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 21 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 22 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 23 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 24 Backstreet Academy
- 25 Travelling in China during the summer period