I am planning my first trip to South east asia with a girlfriend. We are both female, 25 years old and we will be spending 3 -4 weeks exploring SE asia in May, 2013. We havent nailed down all of our destinations yet, but thought we would start with what beach we want to hit ( for about a week) and then plan around that since the beach portion is probably the most important part!
a little about what we want:
nice hotel/resort with a nice pool (clean is very important as my friend is terrified of bugs...we will obviously be running into some anyways)
something right on the beach
hotel with a nice/inexpensive spa
close proximity to good restaurants/bars (note we are not interested in partying like crazy but something close to some night life so we can go out when we feel like it)
our budget is flexible but I guess we probably dont want to spend anything more than $150 ish per night, although less would be great! If we had to stretch the budget a bit for a nice place we could...
a few people recommended ko Samui and I have read about Krabi. Any thoughts on these places? and more specifically, which beach to stay at?
If I have missed any information that might be helpful please let me know. We will be flying in and out of Hong Kong if that makes a difference in selecting a location. We will visit thailand for sure, and then we were contemplating between which other countreis between cambodia/laos/vietnam given the time limit of 4 weeks max.
thanks for all your help as always
Looking for a great beach getaway in SE asia!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 2 A wow spot
- 3 Terrible experience with BLS international Houston
- 4 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 5 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 6 Reading Suggestion for Burma
- 7 T Money or Seoul City Pass Plus
- 8 Can I arrive 5 days earlier then stated on VISA application?
- 9 Considering a month in Hong Kong - Feb/15. Any apartment suggestions?
- 10 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 11 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 12 Thailand Hotel HELP
- 13 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 14 Bangkok GTG early November ?
- 15 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 16 Travel during China national week?
- 17 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 18 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 19 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 20 When to go to Japan in April 2015 (blossoms but avoiding Golden Week)
- 21 Burma (Myanmar) proposed itinerary
- 22 climbing in Vietnam
- 23 Vegan food in Japan?
- 24 A quick breakfast in Hong Kong
- 25 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??