I am planning my first trip to South east asia with a girlfriend. We are both female, 25 years old and we will be spending 3 -4 weeks exploring SE asia in May, 2013. We havent nailed down all of our destinations yet, but thought we would start with what beach we want to hit ( for about a week) and then plan around that since the beach portion is probably the most important part!
a little about what we want:
nice hotel/resort with a nice pool (clean is very important as my friend is terrified of bugs...we will obviously be running into some anyways)
something right on the beach
hotel with a nice/inexpensive spa
close proximity to good restaurants/bars (note we are not interested in partying like crazy but something close to some night life so we can go out when we feel like it)
our budget is flexible but I guess we probably dont want to spend anything more than $150 ish per night, although less would be great! If we had to stretch the budget a bit for a nice place we could...
a few people recommended ko Samui and I have read about Krabi. Any thoughts on these places? and more specifically, which beach to stay at?
If I have missed any information that might be helpful please let me know. We will be flying in and out of Hong Kong if that makes a difference in selecting a location. We will visit thailand for sure, and then we were contemplating between which other countreis between cambodia/laos/vietnam given the time limit of 4 weeks max.
thanks for all your help as always
Looking for a great beach getaway in SE asia!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 2 Restaurants in Singapore
- 3 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 4 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 5 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 6 Where to go?
- 7 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 8 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 9 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 10 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 11 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 12 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 13 Which airport for Tokyo
- 14 Victoria Peak Hong Kong Question
- 15 Saturday or Sunday for guided tour not too far from Chiang Mai?
- 16 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 17 newbie solo traveler! budget traveling Japan for a month
- 18 Rain in Hong Kong next week
- 19 Private transfer from Amritsar to Wahga Border
- 20 India at the end of May
- 21 Books on Japanese mythology or novels inspired by it
- 22 14 Days in Myanmar over the Holidays
- 23 should i stay in Bali longer for the july 15 holiday ?
- 24 Great Wall hike
- 25 Georgia e-visa application