I am planning my first trip to South east asia with a girlfriend. We are both female, 25 years old and we will be spending 3 -4 weeks exploring SE asia in May, 2013. We havent nailed down all of our destinations yet, but thought we would start with what beach we want to hit ( for about a week) and then plan around that since the beach portion is probably the most important part!
a little about what we want:
nice hotel/resort with a nice pool (clean is very important as my friend is terrified of bugs...we will obviously be running into some anyways)
something right on the beach
hotel with a nice/inexpensive spa
close proximity to good restaurants/bars (note we are not interested in partying like crazy but something close to some night life so we can go out when we feel like it)
our budget is flexible but I guess we probably dont want to spend anything more than $150 ish per night, although less would be great! If we had to stretch the budget a bit for a nice place we could...
a few people recommended ko Samui and I have read about Krabi. Any thoughts on these places? and more specifically, which beach to stay at?
If I have missed any information that might be helpful please let me know. We will be flying in and out of Hong Kong if that makes a difference in selecting a location. We will visit thailand for sure, and then we were contemplating between which other countreis between cambodia/laos/vietnam given the time limit of 4 weeks max.
thanks for all your help as always
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kerala- Periyar or Alleppey, which place is more scenic ?
- 2 HANOI ROCKS -- Our Spring Break Visit to Vietnam
- 3 Japanese Alps
- 4 One month in Java and Bali
- 5 Visa Service Referral Needed
- 6 Visa Application Form
- 7 Kyushu planning (March-April)
- 8 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 9 A couple of Kyoto questions
- 10 Inoculations for Vietnam & Camboda
- 11 Hotel in Langkawi
- 12 Rerouting My Itinerary/April 2016
- 13 How to avoid MSG in China?
- 14 1 week rental in Kyoto (machiya / apartment)
- 15 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 16 Is Dalat worth a visit?
- 17 Thailand and ? 4 weeks summer 2016
- 18 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 19 Kyoto to Tokyo airport - Train or Fly
- 20 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 21 Last Minute Advice for my First Visit to Japan
- 22 Langkawi
- 23 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 24 Last Minute 3 week Japan Trip *HELP!*
- 25 Safety of KKH