I am planning my first trip to South east asia with a girlfriend. We are both female, 25 years old and we will be spending 3 -4 weeks exploring SE asia in May, 2013. We havent nailed down all of our destinations yet, but thought we would start with what beach we want to hit ( for about a week) and then plan around that since the beach portion is probably the most important part!
a little about what we want:
nice hotel/resort with a nice pool (clean is very important as my friend is terrified of bugs...we will obviously be running into some anyways)
something right on the beach
hotel with a nice/inexpensive spa
close proximity to good restaurants/bars (note we are not interested in partying like crazy but something close to some night life so we can go out when we feel like it)
our budget is flexible but I guess we probably dont want to spend anything more than $150 ish per night, although less would be great! If we had to stretch the budget a bit for a nice place we could...
a few people recommended ko Samui and I have read about Krabi. Any thoughts on these places? and more specifically, which beach to stay at?
If I have missed any information that might be helpful please let me know. We will be flying in and out of Hong Kong if that makes a difference in selecting a location. We will visit thailand for sure, and then we were contemplating between which other countreis between cambodia/laos/vietnam given the time limit of 4 weeks max.
thanks for all your help as always
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 2 Requesting Passport Number
- 3 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 4 Using Bravo Indochina Tours Services
- 5 Phu Quoc
- 6 How can i transform my Offline Travel Business to Online??
- 7 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 8 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 9 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 10 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 11 5 weeks in Japan
- 12 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 13 China and Japan help
- 14 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 15 Help! India Visa question....
- 16 Singapore hotel
- 17 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 18 Indonesia in February/rainy season
- 19 Still contemplating SEA this winter and have questions
- 20 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 21 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 23 Solo female first-timer: Thailand
- 24 Shanghai Pollution in January 2016
- 25 Japan winter! 2-month itinerary