I am planning my first trip to South east asia with a girlfriend. We are both female, 25 years old and we will be spending 3 -4 weeks exploring SE asia in May, 2013. We havent nailed down all of our destinations yet, but thought we would start with what beach we want to hit ( for about a week) and then plan around that since the beach portion is probably the most important part!
a little about what we want:
nice hotel/resort with a nice pool (clean is very important as my friend is terrified of bugs...we will obviously be running into some anyways)
something right on the beach
hotel with a nice/inexpensive spa
close proximity to good restaurants/bars (note we are not interested in partying like crazy but something close to some night life so we can go out when we feel like it)
our budget is flexible but I guess we probably dont want to spend anything more than $150 ish per night, although less would be great! If we had to stretch the budget a bit for a nice place we could...
a few people recommended ko Samui and I have read about Krabi. Any thoughts on these places? and more specifically, which beach to stay at?
If I have missed any information that might be helpful please let me know. We will be flying in and out of Hong Kong if that makes a difference in selecting a location. We will visit thailand for sure, and then we were contemplating between which other countreis between cambodia/laos/vietnam given the time limit of 4 weeks max.
thanks for all your help as always
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 2 Kowloon Hotels
- 3 Advice on 1 Week in Philipines - Diving, Whale Sharks and More
- 4 Vegetarian/Vegan in Japan
- 5 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 6 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 7 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 8 Is the Songkran Festival worth it?
- 9 For: Crellston
- 10 Snapshots From Kerala
- 11 Ko Phi Phi or a different island in April?
- 12 Bangkok in April?!?
- 13 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 14 Visiting Kyoto for the color - and there was no color
- 15 My visit to Thailand
- 16 India Trip Report
- 17 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 18 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 19 My visit to Cambodia
- 20 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 21 New Member
- 22 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 23 Khoa Sok National Park in April?
- 24 My visit to Vietnam
- 25 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!