Much to my surprise/horror - I have a 14 hour layover in Singapore. I arrive from Bali around 10 pm (on a Sunday night) and don't leave for NYC until noon the next day. I have a tentative reservation at the hotel in the airport. Would anyone know if the food market/stalls are open late? I'm guessing I could go into town for a late night dinner - any suggestions? I understand I will have to go through passport control coming back into the airport. A neighbor, who's from Malaysia, is emailing a friend there to maybe take me out. Any thougths or comments?
long layover in Singapore.....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 2 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 3 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 4 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 5 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 6 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 7 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 8 Nancy Chandler maps
- 9 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 10 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 11 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 12 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 13 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?
- 14 Help re. Visa.
- 15 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 16 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 17 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 18 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 19 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 20 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 21 Ranthambore - where to stay?
- 22 Advice on Tipping in Bali
- 23 flight from Mandalay to Luang Prabang
- 24 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 25 Where to buy a Yukuta, rather than a Kimono...?