My wife and I are planning our winter trip and are intrigued by some of the beach possibilities in Asia. In looking at the flights from JFK airport it seems like a lot involve 13-15 hour flights, then a brief layover, and a shorter 1-2 hr flight to the eventual destination. Does anyone have tips on ways to break up the flight time with a layover in between? Something like 7-8 hours on a flight, then a layover, then another 7 hours? If not, we'll probably suck it up and make the most of it, but this could be a way to see another country for a day along the way.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 2 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 3 Hotel in Hanoi
- 4 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 5 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 6 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 7 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 8 India help needed
- 9 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 10 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 11 Trekking outside Sapa
- 12 Place to stay Hue
- 13 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 14 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 15 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 16 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 17 Go to Pai or not?
- 18 Ko Kraden hotels
- 19 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 20 Hoi Ann hotel
- 21 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 22 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 23 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 24 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 25 Water Towns near Shanghai