My wife and I are moving to Bangalore, India for 12 months. We are meeting with a travel doctor this weekend, but we are curious about anecdotes for handling malaria over the medium term like this.
I assume that we will need to find drugs that we can buy over the counter in India rather than try to buy it all in the US.
Any experiences that people care to share?
Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 2 Malaria
- 3 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 4 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 5 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 6 Vietnam and coffee
- 7 I'm going to Japan!
- 8 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 9 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 10 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 11 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 12 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 13 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 14 Cherry blossom
- 15 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 16 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 17 How safe is Delhi/India
- 18 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 19 Which Putu in Bali????
- 20 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 21 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 22 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?
- 23 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 24 Malaysia in September
- 25 Trip Report: Malaysian Borneo and Singapore