My wife and I are moving to Bangalore, India for 12 months. We are meeting with a travel doctor this weekend, but we are curious about anecdotes for handling malaria over the medium term like this.
I assume that we will need to find drugs that we can buy over the counter in India rather than try to buy it all in the US.
Any experiences that people care to share?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 2 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 3 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 4 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 5 Buying jewelry in India
- 6 Jaipur's Gem Palace
- 7 Chiang Mai
- 8 Phuket Weather
- 9 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 10 hanoi eats
- 11 Castle & King tour operator review
- 12 If choice is necessary: Ninh Binh or Ba Be ?
- 13 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 14 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 15 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 16 Bangkok for 3 nights, first time
- 17 Mongolia itinerary
- 18 Buying Jewelry in India
- 19 Indochina Junk - Which vessel?
- 20 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 21 New Delhi - What to see?
- 22 Another Vietnam Visa Question
- 23 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 24 Dental Work in Bangkok
- 25 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?