My wife and I are moving to Bangalore, India for 12 months. We are meeting with a travel doctor this weekend, but we are curious about anecdotes for handling malaria over the medium term like this.
I assume that we will need to find drugs that we can buy over the counter in India rather than try to buy it all in the US.
Any experiences that people care to share?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Are you looking remove your assets one place to another?
- 2 Help - India take 2
- 3 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 4 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 5 is this a good travel plan?
- 6 CNX late arrival?
- 7 currency conversion
- 8 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 9 50th Anniversary trip
- 10 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 11 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 12 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 13 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 14 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 15 The truth about elephant tourism
- 16 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 17 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 18 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 19 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 20 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 21 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 22 Phenom Penh
- 23 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 24 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 25 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?