We are off to Yunnan next week. Just wanted to see if the board had any recommendations, comments, anything....Here are my thoughts on our itinerary:
Night one - leave HK, arrive Kunming for one night - hotel is centrally located, I forgot the name . Any restaurant recommendations? Also any tips on the day trip to tiger leaping gorge? We are in our early 30s, relatively fit and like to hike, however didn't want to spend the night in a guesthouse in the gorge.
Day 2 - taxi to Stone Forest, back to KMG for evening flight to Lijiang (sleep in Lijiang, crowne plaza), dinner in Old Town of Lijiang (maybe the tibetan place?)
Day 3 - Morning, walk around old town, explore Lijiang (Banyan Tree)
Day 4- Tiger Leaping gorge day trip or Snow Jade Mountain (banyan tree)
Day 5 - Tiger leaping gorge or Snow jade mountain (banyan tree).
Day 6 - leave Lijiang
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help please! Trying to plan an Asia/Middle East/Russia trip!
- 2 Pondicherry hotel
- 3 Hotel reservations for Chiang Mai 11/9-11-16?
- 4 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 5 Christmas in Bali
- 6 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 7 Tours for 7 hour lay over in Hong Kong
- 8 Kerala- Periyar or Alleppey, which place is more scenic ?
- 9 Arashiyama Excursion
- 10 Help with choosing guided tour
- 11 Trip Report with Pictures and HD Video: Middle East & India
- 12 Yunnan to Guilin
- 13 Video : INDIA - Epic journey through India
- 14 How to avoid MSG in China?
- 15 Christmas in Cambodia
- 16 Best beach in December
- 17 Hotel swimming pools - Delhi and Kolkata and more
- 18 Paddy fields in Vietnam
- 19 China visa
- 20 Japan: SIM card vs. MiFi
- 21 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 22 Inoculations for Vietnam & Camboda
- 23 Kyoto to Tokyo airport - Train or Fly
- 24 Visa to Beijing China
- 25 A couple of Kyoto questions