We are off to Yunnan next week. Just wanted to see if the board had any recommendations, comments, anything....Here are my thoughts on our itinerary:
Night one - leave HK, arrive Kunming for one night - hotel is centrally located, I forgot the name . Any restaurant recommendations? Also any tips on the day trip to tiger leaping gorge? We are in our early 30s, relatively fit and like to hike, however didn't want to spend the night in a guesthouse in the gorge.
Day 2 - taxi to Stone Forest, back to KMG for evening flight to Lijiang (sleep in Lijiang, crowne plaza), dinner in Old Town of Lijiang (maybe the tibetan place?)
Day 3 - Morning, walk around old town, explore Lijiang (Banyan Tree)
Day 4- Tiger Leaping gorge day trip or Snow Jade Mountain (banyan tree)
Day 5 - Tiger leaping gorge or Snow jade mountain (banyan tree).
Day 6 - leave Lijiang
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Castle & King tour operator review
- 2 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 3 Chiang Mai
- 4 If choice is necessary: Ninh Binh or Ba Be ?
- 5 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 6 Jaipur's Gem Palace
- 7 hanoi eats
- 8 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 9 Buying jewelry in India
- 10 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 11 Bangkok for 3 nights, first time
- 12 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 13 Phuket Weather
- 14 Mongolia itinerary
- 15 Buying Jewelry in India
- 16 Indochina Junk - Which vessel?
- 17 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 18 New Delhi - What to see?
- 19 Another Vietnam Visa Question
- 20 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 21 Dental Work in Bangkok
- 22 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 23 Information on India Tour Company
- 24 Davao Travel and sights, to do's
- 25 Trekking in India