We are off to Yunnan next week. Just wanted to see if the board had any recommendations, comments, anything....Here are my thoughts on our itinerary:
Night one - leave HK, arrive Kunming for one night - hotel is centrally located, I forgot the name . Any restaurant recommendations? Also any tips on the day trip to tiger leaping gorge? We are in our early 30s, relatively fit and like to hike, however didn't want to spend the night in a guesthouse in the gorge.
Day 2 - taxi to Stone Forest, back to KMG for evening flight to Lijiang (sleep in Lijiang, crowne plaza), dinner in Old Town of Lijiang (maybe the tibetan place?)
Day 3 - Morning, walk around old town, explore Lijiang (Banyan Tree)
Day 4- Tiger Leaping gorge day trip or Snow Jade Mountain (banyan tree)
Day 5 - Tiger leaping gorge or Snow jade mountain (banyan tree).
Day 6 - leave Lijiang
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hakone accommodation options
- 2 Xi'an advice please
- 3 Buying jewelry in India
- 4 Is it possible to do the Southeast Asian mainland on a bus?
- 5 Seoul and Japan in 3 weeks
- 6 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 7 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 8 Group (non-private) Tours of South Korea
- 9 NY Times article on Sulawesi and seeing the Torajan death rituals
- 10 Visa for India
- 11 Bus Hop-on, Hop off service in Hong Kong
- 12 Recommendation of a hotel in Hong Kong and Macau
- 13 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 14 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 15 Is there a train from Laem Chabong to Bangkok
- 16 Vietnam-Halong Bay overnight Cruises
- 17 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 18 Mobile apps for Asian countries
- 19 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 20 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 21 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 22 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 23 Flower Arranging in Kyoto
- 24 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 25 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014