We have a tour scheduled for this that includes going up in the cable car to the top at 15,000 ft....DH has a problem with high altitudes, so I believe we want to change this. I can't seem to find info about alternative ways to explore JDSM...apparently there are two meadows that are at lower altitudes that we could go hiking in (Yak and ?) Do you take a different cable car to reach those? Coming from Lijiang, are they farther to reach? I'm thinking maybe we just take in the Impressions show from the park to get the feef for the mountain.
Would we be missing a great experience if we don't take the cable car to the top? I've read that it's very crowded and you could wait in line for an hour to go up (we'd be going in the afternoon, which I guess is better). And, frankly, we've been on top of many mountains and generally are not that excited about bare rock and freezing, windy temps. But, perhaps the scenery from up there makes it worth it. Gotta love the name of the mountain though.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Lodge in Borneo
- 2 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 3 China and Japan help
- 4 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 5 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 6 Christmas in Cambodia - where to book??
- 7 Need recommended Tour Companies in Sri Lanka please
- 8 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 9 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 10 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 11 5 weeks in Japan
- 12 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 13 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 14 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 15 Requesting Passport Number
- 16 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 17 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 18 Eating in India
- 19 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 20 Phu Quoc
- 21 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 22 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 23 Help! India Visa question....
- 24 Singapore hotel
- 25 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue