We have a tour scheduled for this that includes going up in the cable car to the top at 15,000 ft....DH has a problem with high altitudes, so I believe we want to change this. I can't seem to find info about alternative ways to explore JDSM...apparently there are two meadows that are at lower altitudes that we could go hiking in (Yak and ?) Do you take a different cable car to reach those? Coming from Lijiang, are they farther to reach? I'm thinking maybe we just take in the Impressions show from the park to get the feef for the mountain.
Would we be missing a great experience if we don't take the cable car to the top? I've read that it's very crowded and you could wait in line for an hour to go up (we'd be going in the afternoon, which I guess is better). And, frankly, we've been on top of many mountains and generally are not that excited about bare rock and freezing, windy temps. But, perhaps the scenery from up there makes it worth it. Gotta love the name of the mountain though.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 2 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 3 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 4 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 5 Kerala trip
- 6 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 7 E Visa for India?
- 8 1-2 months South East Asia
- 9 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 10 Help - India.
- 11 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 12 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 13 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 14 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 15 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 16 Side trips from Taipei
- 17 Georgia and Armenia trip
- 18 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 19 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 20 Bicycling in Vietnam
- 21 Thailand Advice Please
- 22 The Indian money crunch.
- 23 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 24 Myanmar Itinerary review and advise!
- 25 Nara or Hiroshima?