We have a tour scheduled for this that includes going up in the cable car to the top at 15,000 ft....DH has a problem with high altitudes, so I believe we want to change this. I can't seem to find info about alternative ways to explore JDSM...apparently there are two meadows that are at lower altitudes that we could go hiking in (Yak and ?) Do you take a different cable car to reach those? Coming from Lijiang, are they farther to reach? I'm thinking maybe we just take in the Impressions show from the park to get the feef for the mountain.
Would we be missing a great experience if we don't take the cable car to the top? I've read that it's very crowded and you could wait in line for an hour to go up (we'd be going in the afternoon, which I guess is better). And, frankly, we've been on top of many mountains and generally are not that excited about bare rock and freezing, windy temps. But, perhaps the scenery from up there makes it worth it. Gotta love the name of the mountain though.
Lijiang: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain question
- 1 Booking hotels in China in advance- is it necessary?
- 2 Singapore Things to do when a lone traveller
- 3 Train questions for November Japan trip
- 4 Malaysian Island for 5 nights
- 5 Train Fares in Japan
- 6 vaccines for vietnam I'm leaving soon !
- 7 I (HEART) HONG KONG
- 8 Sri Lanka (my favorite destination yet) Report & Recommendations
- 9 Sri Lanka itinerary help needed
- 10 Difficulty contacting Thai Elephant Conservation Center
- 11 Bangkok restaurants. Recs for hidden gems in Sukhumvit
- 12 Travel during Golden Week 2013
- 13 Good guide for day in Jakarta?
- 14 Itinerary Help with China Trip with 14- and 10-year-old
- 15 Which hotel in Bangkok?
- 16 First trip to SE Asia... Help required!!
- 17 Best beach to stay at in Phuket?
- 18 First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal
- 19 Singapore Gardens - which one?
- 20 Need Help Bringing Baby Supplies From USA To Beijing, China
- 21 Independence Day (Hari Merdeka) 2013
- 22 Happy ending to a Beijing Tea Scam
- 23 Flights from Ko Samui to Kuala Lumphur
- 24 Myanmar visa on arrival
- 25 weather in the end of september