We have a tour scheduled for this that includes going up in the cable car to the top at 15,000 ft....DH has a problem with high altitudes, so I believe we want to change this. I can't seem to find info about alternative ways to explore JDSM...apparently there are two meadows that are at lower altitudes that we could go hiking in (Yak and ?) Do you take a different cable car to reach those? Coming from Lijiang, are they farther to reach? I'm thinking maybe we just take in the Impressions show from the park to get the feef for the mountain.
Would we be missing a great experience if we don't take the cable car to the top? I've read that it's very crowded and you could wait in line for an hour to go up (we'd be going in the afternoon, which I guess is better). And, frankly, we've been on top of many mountains and generally are not that excited about bare rock and freezing, windy temps. But, perhaps the scenery from up there makes it worth it. Gotta love the name of the mountain though.
Lijiang: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain question
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kllok Travel for Hong Kong. Anybody use it?
- 2 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 3 India...Men's shorts OK?
- 4 Car rental recommendation - Kanazawa
- 5 Angkor Wat guide
- 6 Feedback on Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia Itinerary, Please!
- 7 Visa for Burma/Myanmar from US Embassy in DC?
- 8 thai air Discovery pass question
- 9 CAMBODIA to VIETNAM
- 10 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 11 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 12 Tokyo Map Recommendation
- 13 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 14 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 15 Samui Travelers, Tell Me it is Safer Than What I'm Reading : (
- 16 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 17 Driver/Guide recommendation for day trips from Ubud?
- 18 10 days in South Korea?
- 19 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 20 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 21 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 22 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 23 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 24 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 25 India at the end of May