We have a tour scheduled for this that includes going up in the cable car to the top at 15,000 ft....DH has a problem with high altitudes, so I believe we want to change this. I can't seem to find info about alternative ways to explore JDSM...apparently there are two meadows that are at lower altitudes that we could go hiking in (Yak and ?) Do you take a different cable car to reach those? Coming from Lijiang, are they farther to reach? I'm thinking maybe we just take in the Impressions show from the park to get the feef for the mountain.
Would we be missing a great experience if we don't take the cable car to the top? I've read that it's very crowded and you could wait in line for an hour to go up (we'd be going in the afternoon, which I guess is better). And, frankly, we've been on top of many mountains and generally are not that excited about bare rock and freezing, windy temps. But, perhaps the scenery from up there makes it worth it. Gotta love the name of the mountain though.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 4.5 days in Singapore
- 2 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 3 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 4 Where to Layover
- 5 2 weeks in Java
- 6 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 7 The Must-see temples in Bali!!
- 8 Saigon: French, War, Now Ho Chi Minh
- 9 Blooming chart in Japan
- 10 Interesting destinations for 6 weeks in Jan., Feb., or March
- 11 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 12 9 days in Bali
- 13 Layover in Hong Kong
- 14 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 15 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 16 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 17 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 18 Italy from an Asian base
- 19 Bus service in Nepal
- 20 Travel to India in May?
- 21 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 22 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 23 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 24 Advice for a newbie!
- 25 Another South East Asian sojourn.