We have a tour scheduled for this that includes going up in the cable car to the top at 15,000 ft....DH has a problem with high altitudes, so I believe we want to change this. I can't seem to find info about alternative ways to explore JDSM...apparently there are two meadows that are at lower altitudes that we could go hiking in (Yak and ?) Do you take a different cable car to reach those? Coming from Lijiang, are they farther to reach? I'm thinking maybe we just take in the Impressions show from the park to get the feef for the mountain.
Would we be missing a great experience if we don't take the cable car to the top? I've read that it's very crowded and you could wait in line for an hour to go up (we'd be going in the afternoon, which I guess is better). And, frankly, we've been on top of many mountains and generally are not that excited about bare rock and freezing, windy temps. But, perhaps the scenery from up there makes it worth it. Gotta love the name of the mountain though.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 2 Terracotta Warriors
- 3 hiking japan sept
- 4 Japan Itinerary!
- 5 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 6 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 7 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 8 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 9 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 10 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 11 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 12 Japan rough itinerary
- 13 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 14 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 15 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 16 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 17 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 18 shanghai for 4 days
- 19 Budget Servied Apt
- 20 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 21 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 23 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 24 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 25 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...