We have a tour scheduled for this that includes going up in the cable car to the top at 15,000 ft....DH has a problem with high altitudes, so I believe we want to change this. I can't seem to find info about alternative ways to explore JDSM...apparently there are two meadows that are at lower altitudes that we could go hiking in (Yak and ?) Do you take a different cable car to reach those? Coming from Lijiang, are they farther to reach? I'm thinking maybe we just take in the Impressions show from the park to get the feef for the mountain.
Would we be missing a great experience if we don't take the cable car to the top? I've read that it's very crowded and you could wait in line for an hour to go up (we'd be going in the afternoon, which I guess is better). And, frankly, we've been on top of many mountains and generally are not that excited about bare rock and freezing, windy temps. But, perhaps the scenery from up there makes it worth it. Gotta love the name of the mountain though.
Lijiang: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain question
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 2 3 days in Teheran
- 3 Destination Bangkok, again
- 4 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days
- 5 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 6 Bangkok - Weekend train excursion to Kanchanaburi and/or Nam Tok
- 7 Travel during China national week?
- 8 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 9 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 10 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 11 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 12 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 13 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 14 Favorite travel apps?
- 15 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 16 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 17 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 18 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 19 Foreign currency
- 20 how to book a train from -DaNang to Hue, Vietnam
- 21 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 22 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 23 Honeymoon In sept
- 24 Vietnam October 2014
- 25 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!