We have a tour scheduled for this that includes going up in the cable car to the top at 15,000 ft....DH has a problem with high altitudes, so I believe we want to change this. I can't seem to find info about alternative ways to explore JDSM...apparently there are two meadows that are at lower altitudes that we could go hiking in (Yak and ?) Do you take a different cable car to reach those? Coming from Lijiang, are they farther to reach? I'm thinking maybe we just take in the Impressions show from the park to get the feef for the mountain.
Would we be missing a great experience if we don't take the cable car to the top? I've read that it's very crowded and you could wait in line for an hour to go up (we'd be going in the afternoon, which I guess is better). And, frankly, we've been on top of many mountains and generally are not that excited about bare rock and freezing, windy temps. But, perhaps the scenery from up there makes it worth it. Gotta love the name of the mountain though.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India in March and April??
- 2 Should I? Solo, male, 52yo, deliberating
- 3 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 4 Chilli Crab - Singapore
- 5 3 Weeks In Bali & Gili Islands HELP
- 6 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 7 Bandhavgarh National Park - Garhwal Himalayan Expedition
- 8 Buy Affordable Property in Kanpur From Emerald Gulistan
- 9 a month in india
- 10 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 11 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 12 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 13 India Safari 2017
- 14 Datong in Winter
- 15 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 16 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 17 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 18 haneda hotel
- 19 Rishikesh, India
- 20 Southeast Asia - 15 Nights Itinerary
- 21 3 days around Krabi - Best Beach to stay?
- 22 maldives safe for woman traveling alone?
- 23 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 24 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 25 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight