We have a tour scheduled for this that includes going up in the cable car to the top at 15,000 ft....DH has a problem with high altitudes, so I believe we want to change this. I can't seem to find info about alternative ways to explore JDSM...apparently there are two meadows that are at lower altitudes that we could go hiking in (Yak and ?) Do you take a different cable car to reach those? Coming from Lijiang, are they farther to reach? I'm thinking maybe we just take in the Impressions show from the park to get the feef for the mountain.
Would we be missing a great experience if we don't take the cable car to the top? I've read that it's very crowded and you could wait in line for an hour to go up (we'd be going in the afternoon, which I guess is better). And, frankly, we've been on top of many mountains and generally are not that excited about bare rock and freezing, windy temps. But, perhaps the scenery from up there makes it worth it. Gotta love the name of the mountain though.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 2 Bali - What to do?
- 3 Impressions of India
- 4 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 5 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 6 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 7 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 8 Taiwan confusion..
- 9 Tokyo daytrip
- 10 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 11 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 12 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 13 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 14 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 15 Laos- two weeks in January
- 16 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 17 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 18 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 19 Visa for India
- 20 Snapshots From Kerala
- 21 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 22 Other than Kyoto?
- 23 Japan itinerary advice
- 24 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 25 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback