I was looking into Lhasa. Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple obviously look amazing and Barkhor street looks decent enough. However, I am not sure whether there is much more to this relatively small city other than its culture and the surroundings (surrounding Tibetan sites and the nature). Is the city overall an attractive/fascinating place that most visitors can enjoy or is it just a normal-looking city with those 2 impressive monuments and perhaps a nice shopping street? Sorry to be so direct with my question but I am hoping to receive simple and direct responses…
Lhasa: A Place for Everyone or More of a Special Interest Destination?
- 1 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 2 Cell Phones in India
- 3 India, What Can I Say!
- 4 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 5 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 6 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 7 Elegance Diamond or Ruby in Hanoi?
- 8 taxi from manila airport to makati
- 9 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 10 Lost Camera Card at O'Hare
- 11 Laos Trip Report (Vientiane, Luang Prabang): February 2013
- 12 Best Time to Visit Goa
- 13 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 14 July trip to Asia- advice needed
- 15 Do you know this couple? They travel from SE Asia to Chicago Tuesday
- 16 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 17 Wildlife Tour of India
- 18 Mumbai: Oberoi or Four Seasons
- 19 Please help with one month Indonesia itinerary!
- 20 Suggestion on good hotel with kitchenette in Jogjakarta
- 21 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013
- 22 Searching Flights from JFK to Malaysai, average price range?
- 23 Saphan Taksin station in the news again?
- 24 Busan cruise terminal to Busan central station
- 25 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore