Am I ready?
I'm flying from San Francisco to Hong Kong. I plan to convert $100 USD into the Vietnam currency in Hong Kong since my connecting flight doesn't get into Vietnam until just after midnight. Good idea?
I'm using a Visa on Arrival when I arrive at SGN. I have two copies of the letter and the paper with my name on the form and two passport photos. Do I need anything else? I hope they can do a visa on arrival form at 1:00 a.m.
I plan to take a taxi from the airport to my hotel. Any suggestions on how to not get ripped off my a taxi driver?
Any major sites I shouldn't miss? Any good buys?
I'm packing really lite: three pair of pants, two pair of shorts, eight shirts, two pair of shoes. Should I bring a battery powered fan? Suggestions please.
Leaving for Vietnam in four days for my first visit
Am I ready?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 budgeting for 2 week trip in Beijing, Hong Kong, Guilin, and Chongqing
- 2 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 3 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 4 April in Bangkok, again!
- 5 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 6 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 7 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 8 Problems at 12,000'
- 9 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 10 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 11 Which Putu in Bali????
- 12 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 13 Japan, japan
- 14 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 15 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 16 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 17 Hong Kong restaurants
- 18 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 19 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 20 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 21 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 22 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 23 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 24 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 25 How safe is Delhi/India