Am I ready?
I'm flying from San Francisco to Hong Kong. I plan to convert $100 USD into the Vietnam currency in Hong Kong since my connecting flight doesn't get into Vietnam until just after midnight. Good idea?
I'm using a Visa on Arrival when I arrive at SGN. I have two copies of the letter and the paper with my name on the form and two passport photos. Do I need anything else? I hope they can do a visa on arrival form at 1:00 a.m.
I plan to take a taxi from the airport to my hotel. Any suggestions on how to not get ripped off my a taxi driver?
Any major sites I shouldn't miss? Any good buys?
I'm packing really lite: three pair of pants, two pair of shorts, eight shirts, two pair of shoes. Should I bring a battery powered fan? Suggestions please.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Is there a train from Laem Chabong to Bangkok
- 2 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 3 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 4 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 5 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 6 Buying jewelry in India
- 7 Jaipur's Gem Palace
- 8 Chiang Mai
- 9 Phuket Weather
- 10 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 11 hanoi eats
- 12 Castle & King tour operator review
- 13 If choice is necessary: Ninh Binh or Ba Be ?
- 14 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 15 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 16 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 17 Bangkok for 3 nights, first time
- 18 Mongolia itinerary
- 19 Buying Jewelry in India
- 20 Indochina Junk - Which vessel?
- 21 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 22 New Delhi - What to see?
- 23 Another Vietnam Visa Question
- 24 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 25 Dental Work in Bangkok
Am I ready?