Am I ready?
I'm flying from San Francisco to Hong Kong. I plan to convert $100 USD into the Vietnam currency in Hong Kong since my connecting flight doesn't get into Vietnam until just after midnight. Good idea?
I'm using a Visa on Arrival when I arrive at SGN. I have two copies of the letter and the paper with my name on the form and two passport photos. Do I need anything else? I hope they can do a visa on arrival form at 1:00 a.m.
I plan to take a taxi from the airport to my hotel. Any suggestions on how to not get ripped off my a taxi driver?
Any major sites I shouldn't miss? Any good buys?
I'm packing really lite: three pair of pants, two pair of shorts, eight shirts, two pair of shoes. Should I bring a battery powered fan? Suggestions please.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 2 Why You Should Opt For Semi Permanent Make Up?
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 5 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 6 5 weeks in Japan
- 7 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 8 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 10 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 11 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 12 Lodge in Borneo
- 13 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 14 China and Japan help
- 15 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 16 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 17 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 18 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 19 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 20 Requesting Passport Number
- 21 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 22 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 23 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 24 Phu Quoc
- 25 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
Am I ready?