Am I ready?
I'm flying from San Francisco to Hong Kong. I plan to convert $100 USD into the Vietnam currency in Hong Kong since my connecting flight doesn't get into Vietnam until just after midnight. Good idea?
I'm using a Visa on Arrival when I arrive at SGN. I have two copies of the letter and the paper with my name on the form and two passport photos. Do I need anything else? I hope they can do a visa on arrival form at 1:00 a.m.
I plan to take a taxi from the airport to my hotel. Any suggestions on how to not get ripped off my a taxi driver?
Any major sites I shouldn't miss? Any good buys?
I'm packing really lite: three pair of pants, two pair of shorts, eight shirts, two pair of shoes. Should I bring a battery powered fan? Suggestions please.
Leaving for Vietnam in four days for my first visit
Am I ready?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 2 Vietnam - Questions
- 3 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 4 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 5 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 6 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 7 Osaka shopping
- 8 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 9 Takayama ideas in April?
- 10 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 11 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 12 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 13 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 14 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 15 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 16 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 17 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 18 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 19 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 20 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 21 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 22 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 23 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 24 Penang
- 25 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia