Am I ready?
I'm flying from San Francisco to Hong Kong. I plan to convert $100 USD into the Vietnam currency in Hong Kong since my connecting flight doesn't get into Vietnam until just after midnight. Good idea?
I'm using a Visa on Arrival when I arrive at SGN. I have two copies of the letter and the paper with my name on the form and two passport photos. Do I need anything else? I hope they can do a visa on arrival form at 1:00 a.m.
I plan to take a taxi from the airport to my hotel. Any suggestions on how to not get ripped off my a taxi driver?
Any major sites I shouldn't miss? Any good buys?
I'm packing really lite: three pair of pants, two pair of shorts, eight shirts, two pair of shoes. Should I bring a battery powered fan? Suggestions please.
Leaving for Vietnam in four days for my first visit
Am I ready?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 2 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 3 best dining in Kyoto
- 4 Trip report from Phu Quoc in Vietnam
- 5 India travel agency/tour operator recommendations-OAT? WorldSpree?
- 6 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 7 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 8 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 9 Colombo
- 10 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 11 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 12 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 13 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 14 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 15 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 16 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 17 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 18 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 19 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 20 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 21 Nepal- recipe?
- 22 China trip - 15 nights
- 23 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 24 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 25 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM