I've traveled a around the world for studies and work before, but so far I've only been in Asia a few times for short vacations. I'm going to Asia this year though, to stay for an extended period of time. The reason I'm going is to get better at guitar and yoga. Odd mix, I know, but bear with me.
Originally I had landed on Thailand, because I found several guitar teachers, and yoga classes/retreats seemed to be everywhere. But I'm not keen on ending up in a tourist trap, because I won't be able to afford the high prices, and maybe won't get to experience really getting to know the place. And there are *so*many beautiful countries in Asia; Thailand is so popular, so maybe go somewhere else? But I have no knowledge about any of the places. Maybe Cambodia? Bali? Myanmar? Vietnam? Singapore?
All I really need is a guitar teacher (I'm thinking 1 - 2 lessons a week, depending on the price), somewhere I can learn yoga, a beach, and prices I can afford when staying so long (minimum of 3 months).
I don't even know where to start looking. If anyone has any tips or advice, I'd would be very grateful. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok hotel - Feedback requested on specific hotels
- 2 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 3 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 4 Good unlimited data for tourists
- 5 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 6 India: Flying from Varanasi to New Delhi
- 7 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 8 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 9 India Trip Report
- 10 A great trip in India
- 11 Bangkok hotel - River sides pros/cons
- 12 7.5 days in India
- 13 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 14 Traveling with Diabetes type 2 in India
- 15 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 16 Travelling to Malaysia with an invalid Australian Passport
- 17 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 18 Phuket
- 19 Which locations should I select for my Goa trip?
- 20 Japan: ATM Machines
- 21 In Spite of Old and Dilapidated, more Creators Were Attracted
- 22 Don't forget the wellies...
- 23 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 24 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 25 So, why go to Vietnam?