I've traveled a around the world for studies and work before, but so far I've only been in Asia a few times for short vacations. I'm going to Asia this year though, to stay for an extended period of time. The reason I'm going is to get better at guitar and yoga. Odd mix, I know, but bear with me.
Originally I had landed on Thailand, because I found several guitar teachers, and yoga classes/retreats seemed to be everywhere. But I'm not keen on ending up in a tourist trap, because I won't be able to afford the high prices, and maybe won't get to experience really getting to know the place. And there are *so*many beautiful countries in Asia; Thailand is so popular, so maybe go somewhere else? But I have no knowledge about any of the places. Maybe Cambodia? Bali? Myanmar? Vietnam? Singapore?
All I really need is a guitar teacher (I'm thinking 1 - 2 lessons a week, depending on the price), somewhere I can learn yoga, a beach, and prices I can afford when staying so long (minimum of 3 months).
I don't even know where to start looking. If anyone has any tips or advice, I'd would be very grateful. Thanks!
Learning guitar in Asia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 2 1st Trip to Bali
- 3 China in 12 Days
- 4 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 5 two free days in Beijing
- 6 Japan - spending money?
- 7 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 8 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 9 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 10 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 11 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 12 water villages, shanghai
- 13 language problem in japan
- 14 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 15 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 16 Private Guide in Chiang Mai
- 17 last minute plan to visit Sapa, Vietnam -- help
- 18 April in Bangkok, again!
- 19 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 20 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 21 North India trip report with Castle and King tour company
- 22 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 23 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 24 Good golf in Indonesia?
- 25 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo