I've traveled a around the world for studies and work before, but so far I've only been in Asia a few times for short vacations. I'm going to Asia this year though, to stay for an extended period of time. The reason I'm going is to get better at guitar and yoga. Odd mix, I know, but bear with me.
Originally I had landed on Thailand, because I found several guitar teachers, and yoga classes/retreats seemed to be everywhere. But I'm not keen on ending up in a tourist trap, because I won't be able to afford the high prices, and maybe won't get to experience really getting to know the place. And there are *so*many beautiful countries in Asia; Thailand is so popular, so maybe go somewhere else? But I have no knowledge about any of the places. Maybe Cambodia? Bali? Myanmar? Vietnam? Singapore?
All I really need is a guitar teacher (I'm thinking 1 - 2 lessons a week, depending on the price), somewhere I can learn yoga, a beach, and prices I can afford when staying so long (minimum of 3 months).
I don't even know where to start looking. If anyone has any tips or advice, I'd would be very grateful. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 2 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 3 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 4 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 5 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 6 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 7 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 8 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 9 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 10 Hanoi Hotel
- 11 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 12 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 13 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 14 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 15 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 16 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 17 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 18 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 19 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 20 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 21 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 22 A great trip in India
- 23 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 24 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 25 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?