I've traveled a around the world for studies and work before, but so far I've only been in Asia a few times for short vacations. I'm going to Asia this year though, to stay for an extended period of time. The reason I'm going is to get better at guitar and yoga. Odd mix, I know, but bear with me.
Originally I had landed on Thailand, because I found several guitar teachers, and yoga classes/retreats seemed to be everywhere. But I'm not keen on ending up in a tourist trap, because I won't be able to afford the high prices, and maybe won't get to experience really getting to know the place. And there are *so*many beautiful countries in Asia; Thailand is so popular, so maybe go somewhere else? But I have no knowledge about any of the places. Maybe Cambodia? Bali? Myanmar? Vietnam? Singapore?
All I really need is a guitar teacher (I'm thinking 1 - 2 lessons a week, depending on the price), somewhere I can learn yoga, a beach, and prices I can afford when staying so long (minimum of 3 months).
I don't even know where to start looking. If anyone has any tips or advice, I'd would be very grateful. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Passport
- 2 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 3 Japan Itinerary
- 4 "An appeal on behalf of a poor defenseless boy...."
- 5 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 6 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 7 Toddler twin travel in India
- 8 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 9 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 10 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 11 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 12 Help with Kyushu itinerary appreciated.
- 13 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 14 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 15 Amakusa island help
- 16 Japan Trip Delayed
- 17 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 18 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 19 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 20 Month long SE Asia trip
- 21 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 22 Cambodia weather
- 23 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 24 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 25 Sad News: The Thai King has died