I've traveled a around the world for studies and work before, but so far I've only been in Asia a few times for short vacations. I'm going to Asia this year though, to stay for an extended period of time. The reason I'm going is to get better at guitar and yoga. Odd mix, I know, but bear with me.
Originally I had landed on Thailand, because I found several guitar teachers, and yoga classes/retreats seemed to be everywhere. But I'm not keen on ending up in a tourist trap, because I won't be able to afford the high prices, and maybe won't get to experience really getting to know the place. And there are *so*many beautiful countries in Asia; Thailand is so popular, so maybe go somewhere else? But I have no knowledge about any of the places. Maybe Cambodia? Bali? Myanmar? Vietnam? Singapore?
All I really need is a guitar teacher (I'm thinking 1 - 2 lessons a week, depending on the price), somewhere I can learn yoga, a beach, and prices I can afford when staying so long (minimum of 3 months).
I don't even know where to start looking. If anyone has any tips or advice, I'd would be very grateful. Thanks!
Learning guitar in Asia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 2 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 3 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 4 Where to Play Basketball In Phuket
- 5 Cebu/Bohol - where to stay, how to see Chocolate Hills
- 6 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 7 Obtaining Thai Visa in Laos
- 8 Thailand mid-December
- 9 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 10 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 11 Phillipines: itinerary suggestions
- 12 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 13 What I like about Mumbai
- 14 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 15 Sumatra for 2 weeks in December
- 16 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 17 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 18 Indian visa
- 19 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 20 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 21 US citizens applying for India visa--take care which website you use
- 22 One week in Thailand
- 23 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 24 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 25 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara