I've traveled a around the world for studies and work before, but so far I've only been in Asia a few times for short vacations. I'm going to Asia this year though, to stay for an extended period of time. The reason I'm going is to get better at guitar and yoga. Odd mix, I know, but bear with me.
Originally I had landed on Thailand, because I found several guitar teachers, and yoga classes/retreats seemed to be everywhere. But I'm not keen on ending up in a tourist trap, because I won't be able to afford the high prices, and maybe won't get to experience really getting to know the place. And there are *so*many beautiful countries in Asia; Thailand is so popular, so maybe go somewhere else? But I have no knowledge about any of the places. Maybe Cambodia? Bali? Myanmar? Vietnam? Singapore?
All I really need is a guitar teacher (I'm thinking 1 - 2 lessons a week, depending on the price), somewhere I can learn yoga, a beach, and prices I can afford when staying so long (minimum of 3 months).
I don't even know where to start looking. If anyone has any tips or advice, I'd would be very grateful. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Totally unprepared
- 2 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 3 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 4 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 5 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
- 6 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 7 Rental Car Bali
- 8 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 9 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 10 Good Eats in Chiang Mai / Chiang Rai
- 11 A great trip in India
- 12 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 13 Krabi, Koh Lanta or other
- 14 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 15 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 16 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 17 Beggars in Siem Reap and Angkor
- 18 Some notes about South Korea
- 19 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 20 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 21 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 22 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 23 Burma itinerary critic.
- 24 Fabric shops in India
- 25 Japan Itinerary Help for April 2017