Leaving Saturday with first stop Bangkok where it appears it will be raining for our 4 days.
Any tips for rainy days. Forecast is for temp in the 90's so thinking our raincoats will be too hot for us temperate climate types. Are umbrellas readily sold on the street?
Planning on taking an unlocked phone we bought in France last year. I am assuming this will work in SEA with appropriate SIm card. We will use this infrequently and maybe not at all.
Still fretting over driver or self drive for Mae Hong Son Loop. We are nervous about driving for the first time in a left sided country. Also wondering if the driver will find his own accomodation or are we responsible?
Thanks for any replies. We are very excited to explore an area other than Europe and expect a lot of surprises!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 2 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 3 North India Itinerary advice
- 4 The Indian money crunch.
- 5 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 6 The truth about elephant tourism
- 7 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 8 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 9 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 10 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 11 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 12 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 13 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 14 Kerala trip
- 15 E Visa for India?
- 16 1-2 months South East Asia
- 17 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 18 Help - India.
- 19 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 20 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 21 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 22 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 23 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 24 Side trips from Taipei
- 25 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days