Leaving Saturday with first stop Bangkok where it appears it will be raining for our 4 days.
Any tips for rainy days. Forecast is for temp in the 90's so thinking our raincoats will be too hot for us temperate climate types. Are umbrellas readily sold on the street?
Planning on taking an unlocked phone we bought in France last year. I am assuming this will work in SEA with appropriate SIm card. We will use this infrequently and maybe not at all.
Still fretting over driver or self drive for Mae Hong Son Loop. We are nervous about driving for the first time in a left sided country. Also wondering if the driver will find his own accomodation or are we responsible?
Thanks for any replies. We are very excited to explore an area other than Europe and expect a lot of surprises!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 4 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 5 Road Scholar tour in China
- 6 Being customs
- 7 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 8 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 9 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 10 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 11 Tips in Myanmar
- 12 myanmar
- 13 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 14 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 15 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 16 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 17 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 18 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 19 A beach of choice on Samui
- 20 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 21 Travel India solo
- 22 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 23 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 24 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 25 Busan Central Bus Terminal