In one week, we (me, my husband and our 20-something daughter) leave for two weeks in Indonesia (Yogyakarta, Bali and Lombok) to visit our younger daughter, who is in Yogya on a two-year teaching fellowship. Normally, I am all over a trip. But a serious illness (I'm fine, thanks) made me question whether we'd go, and I handed over all planning duties to my husband. Now it seems the trip will actually happen, and I want your advice!
My daughter will handle all details for our five nights in Yogya, including Borobudur, Prambayan, the Ramayana, and of course, her life. She loves it there.
In Lombok we are staying 3 nights at Qunci Villas ( okay, I did do some research and found it here
In Bali, we are staying 5 nights at Komaneka Monkey Forest in Ubud.
We are interested in festivals, temples, culture, great food, beautiful natural scenery and easy hikes. Probably beach and snorkel in Lombok, not Bali. Not interested in nightlife (although my daughters may be
What are not to miss sights/itineraries in Bali away from Ubud that we should hire drivers for? What should we group together (say going north from Ubud one day and South another)? Do we need drivers more than two days in Bali, since there is so much to see in Ubud? Can we walk to the best rice terraces, etc. from there? (Not to miss sites IN Ubud are appreciated, too.)
What villages/culture/temples should we hire a driver for to see in Lombok? One day driver enough? May do day in Gillis to snorkel. Recommend?
We have not arranged drivers yet--assuming we can do so on the fly or with hotel ( I know will cost more) Or do we really need to have plans in place in advance?
Any absolute favorite restaurants, sites, experiences are appreciated.
Thank you all! Can't wait to see this beautiful country and most of all, my daughter!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 ) INTERNET explorer install CONTACT ☎1:800:681:7208 INTERNET Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Travel Video - Tajikistan (2017)
- 3 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 4 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 5 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 7 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 8 Japan rough itinerary
- 9 shanghai for 4 days
- 10 Budget Servied Apt
- 11 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 12 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 13 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 15 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 16 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 17 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 18 Something about... Malaysia
- 19 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 20 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 21 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
- 22 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 23 Tour Companies for Vietnam trip
- 24 Japan - Your favorite locations in Kyushu
- 25 Japan Itinerary!
Last minute advice: what not to miss/ best tips for Bali and Lombok?