Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Laos itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 2 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 3 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 4 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 5 vietnam and laos
- 6 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 7 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 8 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 9 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 10 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 11 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 12 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 13 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 14 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 15 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 16 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 17 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 18 Connaught Place
- 19 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 20 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 21 My SEA trip - photos update
- 22 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 23 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 24 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 25 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?