Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Laos itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 2 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 3 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 4 Penang
- 5 Elephants in SE Asia.
- 6 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 7 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 8 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 9 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 10 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 11 World Record-breaking Art Exhibition in Hong Kong ( Big Era - 1960s )
- 12 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 13 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 14 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 15 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 16 Welcome To Saigon. The Heat Is On.
- 17 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 18 July itinerary in Japan
- 19 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 20 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 21 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 22 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 23 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 24 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 25 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi