Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 2 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 3 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 4 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 5 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 6 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 7 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 8 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 9 A great trip in India
- 10 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 11 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 12 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 13 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 14 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 15 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 16 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 17 Sulawesi
- 18 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 19 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo
- 20 Day Trip in Bohol - Travel Report
- 21 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 22 Pearls in Beijing and MORE!
- 23 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 24 Bali in March for 5 nights?
- 25 Varanasi : Advice needed on how best to see the evening Aarti