Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Laos itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 2 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 3 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 4 Kashmir today
- 5 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 6 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 7 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 8 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 9 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 10 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 11 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 12 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 13 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 14 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 15 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 16 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 17 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 18 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 19 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 20 Triple Room in Singapore
- 21 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 22 What I like about Mumbai
- 23 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 24 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak
- 25 11D Family 4 Adults 3 kids age 1, 4, 6 Taiwan trip need advice on itinerary