Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Laos itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 2 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 3 Exploring Thailand
- 4 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 5 Japan in December
- 6 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 7 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 8 Destination Bangkok, again
- 9 10 Day trip to Thailand - end of March
- 10 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 11 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 12 Phuket
- 13 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 14 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 15 Looking for advice on short Burma itinerary
- 16 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 17 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 18 Phones in Asia
- 19 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 20 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 21 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 22 India Add-on
- 23 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 24 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 25 Travel during China national week?