Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 2 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 3 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 4 Tokyo hotel help
- 5 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 6 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 7 Bali - What to do?
- 8 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 9 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 10 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 11 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 12 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel
- 15 Private tours in Northern India
- 16 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 17 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 18 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 19 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 20 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 21 Vietnam visa
- 22 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 23 Family Friendly Penang
- 24 Train trip costs help please
- 25 Weather forecast