Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Laos itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Two questions about Thailand
- 2 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 3 fun travel buddy wanted - se asia nov/dec
- 4 Travel to Thailand - Open to suggestions
- 5 New Thailand Visa Rules Effective Aug/29/2014
- 6 Sapphire princess cruise from Singapore
- 7 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 8 Places to visit in India in October
- 9 50+ travelling solo in Vietnam - where to stay in Hanoi
- 10 Six hours in Seoul, Korea
- 11 china
- 12 Sri Lanka trip Sept 2014
- 13 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 14 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 15 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 16 Mid Dec trip - Trying to plan alone **Feedback please****
- 17 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 18 New airport in Mumbai
- 19 Advice me to select saving plans in terms of free roaming
- 20 South East Asia
- 21 Driving in Laos
- 22 One week in Tokyo
- 23 Agent to book domestic Nepal flights
- 24 Ideal itereneray for Nepal
- 25 Where to next after watching Nanjing 2014 YOG