Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Laos itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Places to visit in India in October
- 2 Passport question
- 3 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - recent experience
- 4 sharing a timelapse travel video Taipei 2014
- 5 visiting Sapa and local markets
- 6 Tour company practices
- 7 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 8 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 9 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 10 Kathie's Machu Picchu trip report is now available
- 11 Ubud - Home Rental Locations?
- 12 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 13 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 14 KTM via nonstop United Business toChengdu vs Asiana Chengdu via Seoul
- 15 Help! Which to choose?
- 16 North Vietnam Again!
- 17 Castle & King
- 18 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 19 Unforgettable visit to Leh-Ladakh, India
- 20 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 21 One week in Thailand
- 22 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 23 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 24 India and Nepal 2014
- 25 Independent female traveller