Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 2 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 3 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 4 Japan National Tourism Org (JNTO)
- 5 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 6 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 7 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 8 Phuket Beaches
- 9 India itinerary critique please
- 10 Japan Itinerary!
- 11 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 12 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 13 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 14 Magical India
- 15 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 16 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 17 Vientiane and ??
- 18 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 19 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 20 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 21 Himachal Pradesh
- 22 Luggage size China ?
- 23 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 24 Thai Elephants
- 25 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?