Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 2 hanoi eats
- 3 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 4 Castle & King tour operator review
- 5 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 6 Chiang Mai
- 7 If choice is necessary: Ninh Binh or Ba Be ?
- 8 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 9 Jaipur's Gem Palace
- 10 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 11 Buying jewelry in India
- 12 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 13 Bangkok for 3 nights, first time
- 14 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 15 Phuket Weather
- 16 Mongolia itinerary
- 17 Buying Jewelry in India
- 18 Indochina Junk - Which vessel?
- 19 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 20 New Delhi - What to see?
- 21 Another Vietnam Visa Question
- 22 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 23 Dental Work in Bangkok
- 24 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 25 Information on India Tour Company