Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok in April?!?
- 2 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 3 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 4 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 5 Khoa Sok National Park in April?
- 6 Is the Songkran Festival worth it?
- 7 Ko Phi Phi or a different island in April?
- 8 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 9 Visiting Kyoto for the color - and there was no color
- 10 My visit to Vietnam
- 11 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 12 New Member
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 14 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 15 Japn tour 10 nights
- 16 5 weeks in Japan
- 17 My visit to Thailand
- 18 My visit to Cambodia
- 19 Family Trip to Japan
- 20 Tour guides for Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakone, and Nara
- 21 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 22 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 23 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 24 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 25 Nepal