Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Java
- 2 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 4 Italy from an Asian base
- 5 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 6 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 7 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 8 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 9 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 10 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 11 My new 10 year china visa
- 12 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 13 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 14 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 15 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 16 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 17 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 18 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 19 Update on riding elephants
- 20 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 21 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 22 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 23 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 24 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 25 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?