Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Laos itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 2 Trip Report : Incredible India!
- 3 budgeting for 2 week trip in Beijing, Hong Kong, Guilin, and Chongqing
- 4 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 5 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 6 April in Bangkok, again!
- 7 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 8 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 9 Problems at 12,000'
- 10 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 11 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 12 Which Putu in Bali????
- 13 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 14 Japan, japan
- 15 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 16 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 17 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 18 Hong Kong restaurants
- 19 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 20 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 21 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 22 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 23 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 24 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 25 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.