Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 2 India Tour Companies
- 3 Bye bye SE Asia
- 4 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 5 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 6 Laos planning.
- 7 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 8 Japan rough itinerary
- 9 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 10 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 11 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 12 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 13 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 14 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 15 One night in Osaka
- 16 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 17 Japan - costs
- 18 Japan for Foodies
- 19 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 20 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 21 Japan Rail Pass
- 22 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 23 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 24 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 25 20 days Itinerary Help!