Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 월드카지노や [[ THQ725.COM ]] 월드카지노주소づ
- 2 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 3 Kyushu in late September
- 4 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 5 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 6 hanoi eats
- 7 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 8 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 9 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 10 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 11 My First India Trip
- 12 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 13 Chiang Mai Itinerary 3 days - help with organizing?
- 14 Planning a 2-week trip to Thailand in mid-August
- 15 Castle & King tour questions
- 16 5 days Japan
- 17 Bicycle riding required?
- 18 A train ride through Java
- 19 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 20 Jogyakarta & - Bali?
- 21 A graduation celebration: Two weeks in Singapore, Java and Bali
- 22 Shanghai to Guilin Weekend Trip-July
- 23 Kathie’s Return to Jogja
- 24 Would This Deter You From Flying On Lao Airlines?
- 25 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!