Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 2 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 3 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 4 Thailand family trip July
- 5 First time to SEA
- 6 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 7 Seoul Searching Questions
- 8 Japanese art
- 9 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 10 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 11 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 12 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 13 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 14 Hakone station confusion
- 15 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 16 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 17 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 18 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 19 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 20 Backstreet Academy
- 21 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 22 Visa on Arrival
- 23 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 24 Cebu where to stay
- 25 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary