Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Laos itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Singapore
- 2 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 3 17 Day Itinerary
- 4 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 5 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 6 Asia Tour Companies
- 7 More room for luggage in 1st class Nozomi trains than in regular trains?
- 8 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 9 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 10 5 and a half full days in Tokyo. Should I consider visiting Kyoto?
- 11 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 12 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 13 Experience 4 days in Ha Noi, Viet Nam - see,do and eat
- 14 Bringing vitamins to Japan - ok in ziploc baggies?
- 15 singapore accomodation?
- 16 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 17 Hong Kong....How hideous is the flight????
- 18 Beijing Yashou Market Closure
- 19 Three Weeks in Thailand
- 20 Is 7 days too long in Hong Kong
- 21 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 22 Writers Needed for Japan
- 23 Favorite guide books for Japan and other advice for planning?
- 24 11 hour NRT Tokyo Layover…Asakusa or Narita Town?
- 25 Bali Help