Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://healthexpertsupplement.com/iconic-forskolin-extract/
- 2 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 3 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 4 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 5 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 6 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 7 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 8 November, March, June... Japan?
- 9 Itinerary Help Japan
- 10 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 11 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 12 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 13 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 14 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 15 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 16 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 17 Silk Road Tour - China
- 18 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 19 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 20 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 21 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 22 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 23 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 24 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 25 Car and driver agra to jaipur