Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 2 strengthen the official floor debut
- 3 India Safari 2017
- 4 India in March and April??
- 5 Datong in Winter
- 6 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 7 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 8 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 9 haneda hotel
- 10 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 11 Rishikesh, India
- 12 Southeast Asia - 15 Nights Itinerary
- 13 3 days around Krabi - Best Beach to stay?
- 14 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 15 maldives safe for woman traveling alone?
- 16 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 17 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 18 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 19 Japan- National Holiday
- 20 Planning a trek to Sikkim amid 16-21 of December 2016
- 21 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 22 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 23 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 24 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 25 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand