Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.usaonlineshop.org/gain-xt/
- 2 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 3 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 4 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 5 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 6 Tokyo daytrip
- 7 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 8 Bali - What to do?
- 9 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 10 Impressions of India
- 11 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 12 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 13 Taiwan confusion..
- 14 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 15 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 16 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 17 Laos- two weeks in January
- 18 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 19 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 20 Visa for India
- 21 Snapshots From Kerala
- 22 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 23 Other than Kyoto?
- 24 Japan itinerary advice
- 25 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?