Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Laos itinerary help
- 1 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 2 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 3 South East Asia
- 4 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 5 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 6 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 7 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 8 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 9 Anyone in Bangkok
- 10 Travel Insurance
- 11 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 12 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 13 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 14 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 15 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 16 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 17 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 18 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 19 1 week Philippines
- 20 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 21 Japan: best time to go?
- 22 Magical India
- 23 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 24 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 25 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!