Plan to travel Feb 2014 for three weeks to Laos & Thailand. We are 50 ish, like food, markets, architecture, temples and sitting in a bar people watching. We can handle bus trips with stops every two hours or so
We travel via Singapore from east coast Australia on Scoot (the budget arm of Singapore Airlines) then straight through to Phnom Penh for two nights. We have been there before and have seen the major sights, but want to do markets and spit roasted pig.
Fly to Ventiane for two nights.
Is Vang Vieng worth the 4 hour bus trip ? Which then means 6 hours to Luang Prabang, or fly through and give VV a miss ? What are the buses like ? Do they make frequent stops, is food available ?
Thanks for any suggestions
Plan 4 nights in LP, then boat to Huay Xai.
From there how easy is it to cross into Thailand to Chaing Khong, and then how to get to Chaing Rai ?
Any suggestions for agencies to arrange hill tribe treks from Chaing Rai ?
Laos itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Independent female traveller
- 2 One week in India
- 3 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 4 Travel Within -- The Art of Living International Center, Bangalore
- 5 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 6 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 7 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 8 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 9 Castle & King
- 10 North Vietnam Again!
- 11 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 12 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 13 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 14 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 15 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?
- 16 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 17 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 18 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 19 6 nights at Bahdhavgahr, or split between Bandhavgarg and Kanha?
- 20 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 21 Borneo or Sri Lanka for vacation?
- 22 reviews wanted for Sinorama tour company
- 23 We Recommend Our Guides! Saigon, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Angkor
- 24 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 25 Anyone visit an Orphanage while in Sri Lanka???-Want to help if we can