I am off to visit the orangutans in Borneo in July and would like to follow up by going over to Langkawi to snorkel for a bit. I am wondering if there are any nice accommodations such as beach chalets or bungalows that are thatched or have some nice character. I do not want to stay at a 4 Seasons or any of the other large homogeneous properties. Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 2 Vietnam - Questions
- 3 India
- 4 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 5 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 6 Bali Question
- 7 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 8 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 9 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 10 Golden eagle festival Mongolia?
- 11 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 12 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 13 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 14 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 15 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 16 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 17 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 18 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 19 Osaka shopping
- 20 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 21 Takayama ideas in April?
- 22 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 23 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 24 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 25 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review