This trip report will cover:-
AirAsia flight Melbourne to KL.
Tune Hotel KL Airport.
AirAsia flight KL to KCM.
Sofitel Plaza Ho Cho Minh
8d/7n cruise on the La Marguerite.
Pavillon Indochine in Siem Reap.
Mekong Express Siem Reap to Phnom Penh.
Pavillion Hotel in Phnom Penh.
Bourgainvillier Hotel in Phnom Penh.
Sorya Transport Bus Phnom Penh to HCM.
Taxi rip off in HCM
Jetstar HCM to Melbourne(with change in Darwin).
We booked our Airasia flight in November at a cost of $52 plus taxes of $67 (incl. Dep. Tax) a total of $119. We added on Meal $7, 15 kg bag allowance $10, and choice of seat $10., a total of $146AU. The secret seems to be to watch for their specials. The choice of seat was well worth it as I wanted an aisle seat and my travelling companion a window. We chose seats 4 from the rear. Here the 3-3-3 configuration has changed to 2-3-2. with the aisle much wider enabling you to walk passed the trolley tray. Good seats back there-highly recommended. We had no problems with AirAsia nor through emigration and customs at Kl. In fact emigration and customs ( and bag pick-up) was so quick I was amazed--maybe late in the day ,no other flights,and late in their shift.
Had no trouble finding the 1Ringit transfer bus to the Tune Hotel on the outskirts of the airport. Reception was courteous and swift. Room is so small but for an overnight stay and at that low price is quite adequate, except that we had a water feature for the night, that is the air conditioner leaked at the rate of 1 drop a second and made a mess of the floor. The water luckily flowed into the bathroom and down a hole .We were so tired we didn't complain and it didn't end up a problem. In the price is breakfast which was coffee and sandwich.The Tune has a 24 hr. cafe selling beer etc and small meals so we were able to relax and indulge after our flight. recommended highly but only for that convenient overnight stay.
Next will be the organised chaos of Airasia KL to HCM
La Marguerite Cruise
This trip report will cover:-
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 1st time Japan - solo female
- 2 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 3 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 4 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 5 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 6 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 7 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 8 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 9 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 10 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 11 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 12 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 13 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 14 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 15 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 16 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 17 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 18 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 19 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 20 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 21 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 22 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 23 Japan Itinerary for May
- 24 Thai island escape
- 25 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help