This trip report will cover:-
AirAsia flight Melbourne to KL.
Tune Hotel KL Airport.
AirAsia flight KL to KCM.
Sofitel Plaza Ho Cho Minh
8d/7n cruise on the La Marguerite.
Pavillon Indochine in Siem Reap.
Mekong Express Siem Reap to Phnom Penh.
Pavillion Hotel in Phnom Penh.
Bourgainvillier Hotel in Phnom Penh.
Sorya Transport Bus Phnom Penh to HCM.
Taxi rip off in HCM
Jetstar HCM to Melbourne(with change in Darwin).
We booked our Airasia flight in November at a cost of $52 plus taxes of $67 (incl. Dep. Tax) a total of $119. We added on Meal $7, 15 kg bag allowance $10, and choice of seat $10., a total of $146AU. The secret seems to be to watch for their specials. The choice of seat was well worth it as I wanted an aisle seat and my travelling companion a window. We chose seats 4 from the rear. Here the 3-3-3 configuration has changed to 2-3-2. with the aisle much wider enabling you to walk passed the trolley tray. Good seats back there-highly recommended. We had no problems with AirAsia nor through emigration and customs at Kl. In fact emigration and customs ( and bag pick-up) was so quick I was amazed--maybe late in the day ,no other flights,and late in their shift.
Had no trouble finding the 1Ringit transfer bus to the Tune Hotel on the outskirts of the airport. Reception was courteous and swift. Room is so small but for an overnight stay and at that low price is quite adequate, except that we had a water feature for the night, that is the air conditioner leaked at the rate of 1 drop a second and made a mess of the floor. The water luckily flowed into the bathroom and down a hole .We were so tired we didn't complain and it didn't end up a problem. In the price is breakfast which was coffee and sandwich.The Tune has a 24 hr. cafe selling beer etc and small meals so we were able to relax and indulge after our flight. recommended highly but only for that convenient overnight stay.
Next will be the organised chaos of Airasia KL to HCM
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 2 Suggestions for a trip with my daughter
- 3 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 4 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 5 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 6 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 7 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 8 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 9 3 weeks in Japan
- 10 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 11 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 12 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 13 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 14 India Tour Companies
- 15 Vietnam Dong
- 16 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 17 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 18 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 19 New Years in Japan
- 20 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 21 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 22 Touristy Thailand
- 23 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 24 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 25 Vietnam with kids/teens
This trip report will cover:-