This trip report will cover:-
AirAsia flight Melbourne to KL.
Tune Hotel KL Airport.
AirAsia flight KL to KCM.
Sofitel Plaza Ho Cho Minh
8d/7n cruise on the La Marguerite.
Pavillon Indochine in Siem Reap.
Mekong Express Siem Reap to Phnom Penh.
Pavillion Hotel in Phnom Penh.
Bourgainvillier Hotel in Phnom Penh.
Sorya Transport Bus Phnom Penh to HCM.
Taxi rip off in HCM
Jetstar HCM to Melbourne(with change in Darwin).
We booked our Airasia flight in November at a cost of $52 plus taxes of $67 (incl. Dep. Tax) a total of $119. We added on Meal $7, 15 kg bag allowance $10, and choice of seat $10., a total of $146AU. The secret seems to be to watch for their specials. The choice of seat was well worth it as I wanted an aisle seat and my travelling companion a window. We chose seats 4 from the rear. Here the 3-3-3 configuration has changed to 2-3-2. with the aisle much wider enabling you to walk passed the trolley tray. Good seats back there-highly recommended. We had no problems with AirAsia nor through emigration and customs at Kl. In fact emigration and customs ( and bag pick-up) was so quick I was amazed--maybe late in the day ,no other flights,and late in their shift.
Had no trouble finding the 1Ringit transfer bus to the Tune Hotel on the outskirts of the airport. Reception was courteous and swift. Room is so small but for an overnight stay and at that low price is quite adequate, except that we had a water feature for the night, that is the air conditioner leaked at the rate of 1 drop a second and made a mess of the floor. The water luckily flowed into the bathroom and down a hole .We were so tired we didn't complain and it didn't end up a problem. In the price is breakfast which was coffee and sandwich.The Tune has a 24 hr. cafe selling beer etc and small meals so we were able to relax and indulge after our flight. recommended highly but only for that convenient overnight stay.
Next will be the organised chaos of Airasia KL to HCM
La Marguerite Cruise
This trip report will cover:-
- 1 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 2 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 3 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 4 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 5 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 6 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 7 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 8 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 9 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 10 Anyone in Bangkok
- 11 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 12 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 13 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 14 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 15 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 16 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 17 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 18 Travel Insurance
- 19 South East Asia
- 20 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 21 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 22 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 23 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 24 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 25 Destinations near Hat Yai?