This trip report will cover:-
AirAsia flight Melbourne to KL.
Tune Hotel KL Airport.
AirAsia flight KL to KCM.
Sofitel Plaza Ho Cho Minh
8d/7n cruise on the La Marguerite.
Pavillon Indochine in Siem Reap.
Mekong Express Siem Reap to Phnom Penh.
Pavillion Hotel in Phnom Penh.
Bourgainvillier Hotel in Phnom Penh.
Sorya Transport Bus Phnom Penh to HCM.
Taxi rip off in HCM
Jetstar HCM to Melbourne(with change in Darwin).
We booked our Airasia flight in November at a cost of $52 plus taxes of $67 (incl. Dep. Tax) a total of $119. We added on Meal $7, 15 kg bag allowance $10, and choice of seat $10., a total of $146AU. The secret seems to be to watch for their specials. The choice of seat was well worth it as I wanted an aisle seat and my travelling companion a window. We chose seats 4 from the rear. Here the 3-3-3 configuration has changed to 2-3-2. with the aisle much wider enabling you to walk passed the trolley tray. Good seats back there-highly recommended. We had no problems with AirAsia nor through emigration and customs at Kl. In fact emigration and customs ( and bag pick-up) was so quick I was amazed--maybe late in the day ,no other flights,and late in their shift.
Had no trouble finding the 1Ringit transfer bus to the Tune Hotel on the outskirts of the airport. Reception was courteous and swift. Room is so small but for an overnight stay and at that low price is quite adequate, except that we had a water feature for the night, that is the air conditioner leaked at the rate of 1 drop a second and made a mess of the floor. The water luckily flowed into the bathroom and down a hole .We were so tired we didn't complain and it didn't end up a problem. In the price is breakfast which was coffee and sandwich.The Tune has a 24 hr. cafe selling beer etc and small meals so we were able to relax and indulge after our flight. recommended highly but only for that convenient overnight stay.
Next will be the organised chaos of Airasia KL to HCM
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 2 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 3 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 4 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 5 Bali - What to do?
- 6 Road Scholar tour in China
- 7 China in July
- 8 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 9 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 10 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 11 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 12 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 13 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 14 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 15 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 16 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 17 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 18 Being customs
- 19 Itinerary feedback please
- 20 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 21 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 22 Tips in Myanmar
- 23 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 24 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 25 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
This trip report will cover:-