We would like to take a day trip to Amakusa while based in Kumamoto. We will probably take the 2.5 hour bus from Kumamoto, arrive in Amakusa around 10 AM, and leave around 5. We do not want to drive around Amakusa, so we are looking for a reliable driver who can take us to some sites. He does not have to speak wonderful English, but he should be a great logistical guy that can help us pace ourselves for the day, tell us where he will meet us, etc. My wish list is as follows:
One pottery kiln tour
Walk around Goryo town
Any other fishing villages or nature walks?
Does anyone know of a driver? In an ideal world, it would be someone with an email address.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 2 5 weeks in Japan
- 3 Family Trip to Japan
- 4 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 5 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 6 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 7 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 8 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 9 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 10 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 11 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 12 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 13 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 14 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 15 New Member
- 16 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 17 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 18 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 19 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 20 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 21 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 23 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 24 Lodge in Borneo
- 25 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?