We would like to take a day trip to Amakusa while based in Kumamoto. We will probably take the 2.5 hour bus from Kumamoto, arrive in Amakusa around 10 AM, and leave around 5. We do not want to drive around Amakusa, so we are looking for a reliable driver who can take us to some sites. He does not have to speak wonderful English, but he should be a great logistical guy that can help us pace ourselves for the day, tell us where he will meet us, etc. My wish list is as follows:
One pottery kiln tour
Walk around Goryo town
Any other fishing villages or nature walks?
Does anyone know of a driver? In an ideal world, it would be someone with an email address.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 14 days in Myanmar
- 2 Harbin in mid March
- 3 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 4 Changing planes at Dubai
- 5 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 6 50th Anniversary trip
- 7 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 8 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 9 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 10 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 11 Indian Food Series
- 12 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 13 "necessities" for India
- 14 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 15 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 16 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 17 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 18 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 19 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 20 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 21 Short trip to Myanmar
- 22 ATMs in Japan
- 23 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 24 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 25 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report