I know that people here are much more likely to visit Bangkok than Bishkek, but the uprising in Bishkek has been a lot more violent (and apparently successful). There's a good interview and video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0emLj_9GpM I've been thinking about visiting Central Asia for some time, and if I'd gotten organized last fall could well have been there this spring - now I'm glad I'm not.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 April in Bangkok, again!
- 2 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 3 Which Putu in Bali????
- 4 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 5 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 6 Japan, japan
- 7 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 8 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 9 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 10 Hong Kong restaurants
- 11 Problems at 12,000'
- 12 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 13 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 14 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 15 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 16 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 17 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 18 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 19 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 20 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 21 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 22 How safe is Delhi/India
- 23 Malaria
- 24 Vietnam and coffee
- 25 I'm going to Japan!