I know that people here are much more likely to visit Bangkok than Bishkek, but the uprising in Bishkek has been a lot more violent (and apparently successful). There's a good interview and video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0emLj_9GpM I've been thinking about visiting Central Asia for some time, and if I'd gotten organized last fall could well have been there this spring - now I'm glad I'm not.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 weeks backpacking in Philippines
- 2 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 3 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 4 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 5 17 Day Itinerary
- 6 Help with Burma Itinerary
- 7 Singapore
- 8 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 9 Asia Tour Companies
- 10 India at the end of May
- 11 More room for luggage in 1st class Nozomi trains than in regular trains?
- 12 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 13 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 14 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 15 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 16 5 and a half full days in Tokyo. Should I consider visiting Kyoto?
- 17 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 18 Experience 4 days in Ha Noi, Viet Nam - see,do and eat
- 19 Bringing vitamins to Japan - ok in ziploc baggies?
- 20 singapore accomodation?
- 21 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 22 Hong Kong....How hideous is the flight????
- 23 Beijing Yashou Market Closure
- 24 Three Weeks in Thailand
- 25 Is 7 days too long in Hong Kong