I know that people here are much more likely to visit Bangkok than Bishkek, but the uprising in Bishkek has been a lot more violent (and apparently successful). There's a good interview and video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0emLj_9GpM I've been thinking about visiting Central Asia for some time, and if I'd gotten organized last fall could well have been there this spring - now I'm glad I'm not.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice on Tipping in Bali
- 2 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 3 Nancy Chandler maps
- 4 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 5 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 6 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 7 flight from Mandalay to Luang Prabang
- 8 Where to buy a Yukuta, rather than a Kimono...?
- 9 Vietnam- when to go to avoid the rain?
- 10 Mekong River Cruises
- 11 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 12 Elephant Village Sanctuary in Luang Prabang - which trip?
- 13 Help re. Visa.
- 14 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 15 Recommended hotels/activities in Huahin
- 16 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 17 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 18 Bangkok and Manila
- 19 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 20 Ranthambore - where to stay?
- 21 16 days in Vietnam
- 22 Guide in Bagan?
- 23 Day Tours Phuket, Krabi
- 24 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 25 Dentist