I know that people here are much more likely to visit Bangkok than Bishkek, but the uprising in Bishkek has been a lot more violent (and apparently successful). There's a good interview and video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0emLj_9GpM I've been thinking about visiting Central Asia for some time, and if I'd gotten organized last fall could well have been there this spring - now I'm glad I'm not.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 2 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 3 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 4 Nepal- recipe?
- 5 vietnam and laos
- 6 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 7 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 8 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 9 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 10 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 11 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 12 Connaught Place
- 13 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 14 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 15 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 16 My SEA trip - photos update
- 17 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 18 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 19 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 20 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 21 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 22 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 23 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 24 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 25 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions