We will have approximately one week in the Kyoto area, likely in late August/early September. We were in Kyoto a few years ago, but just for about 1.5 days and we'd like to have the opportunity to really see it this time. We've also been told that Nara is a place we shouldn't miss, and that Osaka is worth visiting, at least for the nightlife. Does anyone have any suggestions about how much time we should spend in each place and whether it is worth trying to squeeze Kobe in (or perhaps visiting Kobe instead of one of the other cities)? Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 2 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 3 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 4 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 5 Phuket Beaches
- 6 India itinerary critique please
- 7 Japan Itinerary!
- 8 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 9 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 10 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 11 Magical India
- 12 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 13 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 14 Vientiane and ??
- 15 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 16 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 17 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 18 Himachal Pradesh
- 19 Luggage size China ?
- 20 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 21 Thai Elephants
- 22 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 23 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 24 Sri Lanka in August
- 25 Self-drive in Thailand?