I was wondering if a night's stay in Koyasan would be worth it? I've looked at photos and I'm really intrigued by the religious/historical significance of the mountain. At the same time, the list of train connections between Kyoto and Koyasan is a bit intimidating to say the least. I'm sure it's doable, but as I've got a tight itinerary I can't afford to be a bit lost connecting at Osaka to get to Koyasan. My question therefore is if the connections are really not that difficult after all? I'm only planning to stay the one night, and in the next day will be going to Hiroshima (again, another convoluted list of train connections) probably in the PM.
I'm fairly resourceful and travel light. I guess I just need some first-hand assurance that it's been done before!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seahawks vs Giants
- 2 Hotel Chang Mai
- 3 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 4 Kindly request/need 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itineary advice
- 5 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 6 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 7 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 8 Hotel in Hanoi
- 9 India help needed
- 10 Beach hotel Thailand
- 11 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 12 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 13 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 14 Sim cards and adaptors
- 15 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 16 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 17 Sri Lanka Visa
- 18 Hoi Ann hotel
- 19 Place to stay Hue
- 20 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 21 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 22 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 23 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 24 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 25 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?