I was wondering if a night's stay in Koyasan would be worth it? I've looked at photos and I'm really intrigued by the religious/historical significance of the mountain. At the same time, the list of train connections between Kyoto and Koyasan is a bit intimidating to say the least. I'm sure it's doable, but as I've got a tight itinerary I can't afford to be a bit lost connecting at Osaka to get to Koyasan. My question therefore is if the connections are really not that difficult after all? I'm only planning to stay the one night, and in the next day will be going to Hiroshima (again, another convoluted list of train connections) probably in the PM.
I'm fairly resourceful and travel light. I guess I just need some first-hand assurance that it's been done before!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Financial Offer/Business/Project Funding Available Through Bank Instruments
- 2 Japan / Korea Trip
- 3 vietnam visa
- 4 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 5 Getting a Tote from Thailand-JFK
- 6 Help with 2 week itinerary; Beijing to Hong Kong
- 7 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 8 Sri Lanka- elephants
- 9 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 10 Taiwan confusion..
- 11 Review My 23 Day Japan Itinerary
- 12 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 13 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 14 Japan GTG, early April
- 15 Tokyo daytrip
- 16 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 17 Bangkok - Pavement [sidewalk] obstructions
- 18 Trip Report : China
- 19 Vietnam 15 day visa exemption - transfer included?
- 20 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 21 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 22 Thailand and Vietnam - February 2017
- 23 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 24 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 25 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback