Having been forewarned to avoid Arashiyama during peak tourist periods on the weekends (Gateway to Japan), I am wondering if I should factor this into our Kyoto travel plans. Other than Arashiyama, we have a day trip to Nara and a day which includes Kinkajuki, Ryoanji, Ginkajuki and the Philosopher's Path. Any need to be concerned about the order of doing these? Our 4 full days are Sat. to Tues. The other day will be spent in Gion and environs.
Kyoto on the Weekend early Nov. - any Places to Avoid?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please comment on Thailand and Cambodia Itinerary
- 2 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 3 Mongolia tour or independently
- 4 At the top of Macau Tower!
- 5 Three days in Bangkok
- 6 Khao Lak
- 7 Vietnam Itinerary- Help!
- 8 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 9 Tiger Temple to lose all its tiger population soon
- 10 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 11 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 12 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 13 Photos from India!
- 14 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 15 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 16 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 17 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 18 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 19 Myanmar River Cruises
- 20 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 21 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 22 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 23 How to handle cash in Japan
- 24 Great Wall hike
- 25 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan