I got help from this forum on an upcoming trip to Japan in July.
We are a family of 3 with a 6 year old, first time visitors to Japan. We land on day 1 evening in Narita, have days 2 to 5 and then fly out of day 6 morning again from Narita.
Options so far are to go to Tokyo and surroundings (Nikko/Hakone) or Kyoto. Although a few mentioned that Kyoto is farther away. While I was looking at places, what struck me is that there are a lot of warnings in the forum about the weather in both places.
Please help - is Kyoto/Tokyo in July a bad idea?? I really hope this does not ruin our vacation.
What are alternatives at this point given that tickets are booked?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 2 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 3 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 4 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 5 Japan rough itinerary
- 6 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 7 Bye bye SE Asia
- 8 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 9 One night in Osaka
- 10 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 11 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 12 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 13 Laos planning.
- 14 Impressions of India
- 15 Japan - costs
- 16 Japan for Foodies
- 17 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 18 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 19 Japan Rail Pass
- 20 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 21 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 22 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 23 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 24 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 25 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report