I got help from this forum on an upcoming trip to Japan in July.
We are a family of 3 with a 6 year old, first time visitors to Japan. We land on day 1 evening in Narita, have days 2 to 5 and then fly out of day 6 morning again from Narita.
Options so far are to go to Tokyo and surroundings (Nikko/Hakone) or Kyoto. Although a few mentioned that Kyoto is farther away. While I was looking at places, what struck me is that there are a lot of warnings in the forum about the weather in both places.
Please help - is Kyoto/Tokyo in July a bad idea?? I really hope this does not ruin our vacation.
What are alternatives at this point given that tickets are booked?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India visa for new passport
- 2 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 3 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 4 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 5 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 6 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 7 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 8 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 9 Traffic and Police in India
- 10 Serendipity Srilanka
- 11 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 12 New Thai Visa
- 13 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 14 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 15 New Years in Japan
- 16 Sri Lanka in December
- 17 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 18 january 31 in colombo
- 19 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 20 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 21 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 22 3 weeks in Japan
- 23 A first time for everything in Japan
- 24 India Tour Companies
- 25 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.