I got help from this forum on an upcoming trip to Japan in July.
We are a family of 3 with a 6 year old, first time visitors to Japan. We land on day 1 evening in Narita, have days 2 to 5 and then fly out of day 6 morning again from Narita.
Options so far are to go to Tokyo and surroundings (Nikko/Hakone) or Kyoto. Although a few mentioned that Kyoto is farther away. While I was looking at places, what struck me is that there are a lot of warnings in the forum about the weather in both places.
Please help - is Kyoto/Tokyo in July a bad idea?? I really hope this does not ruin our vacation.
What are alternatives at this point given that tickets are booked?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 4 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 5 Road Scholar tour in China
- 6 Bali - What to do?
- 7 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 8 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 9 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 10 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 11 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 12 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 13 Being customs
- 14 Itinerary feedback please
- 15 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 16 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 17 Tips in Myanmar
- 18 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 19 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 20 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 21 myanmar
- 22 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 23 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 24 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 25 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka