We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 2 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 3 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 4 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 5 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 6 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 7 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 9 Beach selection in Thailand
- 10 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 11 Malaysian honeymoon
- 12 India - 2 Days only
- 13 Burma river cruise
- 14 hotel Paradise Island in Bentota, Sri Lanka toxic hepatitis.
- 15 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 16 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 17 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 18 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?
- 19 Travel during China national week?
- 20 My trip report from the Philippines
- 21 China with Collette Tours
- 22 Exploring Thailand
- 23 Air Asia package from Koh Lipe to Bangkok
- 24 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 25 Traveling solo to Thailand and looking for recommended tour company