We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 2 Free Tour Guide in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- 3 Japan Itinerary!
- 4 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 5 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 6 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 7 hiking japan sept
- 8 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 9 Japan rough itinerary
- 10 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 11 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 12 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 13 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 14 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 15 shanghai for 4 days
- 16 Budget Servied Apt
- 17 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 18 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 20 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 21 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 22 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 23 Something about... Malaysia
- 24 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 25 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month