We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 2 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 3 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 4 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 5 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 6 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 7 Osaka shopping
- 8 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 9 Penang
- 10 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 11 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 12 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 13 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 14 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 15 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 16 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 17 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 18 Restaurants and Things to do at night
- 19 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 20 Takayama ideas in April?
- 21 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 22 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 23 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 24 Update on recent TR's on Mrauk U
- 25 4-1/2 days in Seoul