We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 2 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 3 Help re. Visa.
- 4 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 5 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 6 Visa
- 7 Gluten free in Japan?
- 8 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 9 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 10 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 11 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 12 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 13 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 14 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 15 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 16 Need a guide in Burma?
- 17 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 18 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 19 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 20 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 21 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 22 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 23 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?
- 24 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
- 25 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights