We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam October 2014
- 2 Honeymoon In sept
- 3 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 4 Destination Bangkok, again
- 5 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 6 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 7 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 8 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 9 Indonesian visa update
- 10 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 11 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 12 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 13 where can i find replica handbags
- 14 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 15 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 16 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 17 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 18 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 19 Distance from Tokyo to port of Yokohama
- 20 Interesting article about "Good News" being tweeted about Tibet
- 21 Shoes for 6 inches of water
- 22 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 23 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 24 3 days in Teheran
- 25 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)