We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 2 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 1st time backpacking thailand/bali help!!!
- 5 Is Ko Phi Phi to Touristy?
- 6 Kowloon Hotels
- 7 Vegetarian/Vegan in Japan
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 9 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 10 Advice on 1 Week in Philipines - Diving, Whale Sharks and More
- 11 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 12 Is the Songkran Festival worth it?
- 13 For: Crellston
- 14 Snapshots From Kerala
- 15 Ko Phi Phi or a different island in April?
- 16 Bangkok in April?!?
- 17 Visiting Kyoto for the color - and there was no color
- 18 My visit to Thailand
- 19 India Trip Report
- 20 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 21 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 22 My visit to Cambodia
- 23 New Member
- 24 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 25 Khoa Sok National Park in April?
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month