We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 2 Medical Tourism – Globalization of Healthcare
- 3 Seoul Searching Questions
- 4 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 5 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 6 Japanese art
- 7 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 8 First time to SEA
- 9 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 10 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 11 Hakone station confusion
- 12 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 13 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 14 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 15 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 16 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 17 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 18 Backstreet Academy
- 19 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 20 Visa on Arrival
- 21 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 22 Cebu where to stay
- 23 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 24 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?
- 25 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month