We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 2 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 3 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 4 Travel Itenary
- 5 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 6 Taiwan itinerary help, only 3 nights/2 days.
- 7 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 8 Thailand - Help with Itinerary 15 Days to incl. North & South
- 9 japan itenirary help
- 10 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 11 Is this crazy?
- 12 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 13 thai baht allowance
- 14 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 15 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 16 2 gals and 2 weeks in Bali
- 17 JR Pass or Pay as you Go
- 18 In Seoul for one day
- 19 Japan & WiFi
- 20 Bali airport transportation
- 21 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 22 Halong Bay cruise
- 23 Vietnam - 15 day Visa Waiver extended until 30 June 2017
- 24 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 25 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month