We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 2 Bali Question
- 3 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 4 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 5 Vietnam - Questions
- 6 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 7 Golden eagle festival Mongolia?
- 8 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 9 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 10 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 11 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 12 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 13 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 14 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 15 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 16 Osaka shopping
- 17 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 18 Takayama ideas in April?
- 19 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 20 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 21 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 22 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 23 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 24 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 25 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma