We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
- 1 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 2 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 3 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 4 Kashmir or Nepal
- 5 Wildlife Tour of India
- 6 Cell Phones in India
- 7 Bali Private Driver and Profesional Day Tour Guide
- 8 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 9 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 10 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 11 white sand beaches in thailand
- 12 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 13 Udaipur, India
- 14 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 15 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 16 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 17 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 18 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 19 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 20 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 21 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 22 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 23 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 24 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 25 where to go in SE Asia