We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A couple of Kyoto questions
- 2 Good restaurants in Shanghai
- 3 Kerala- Periyar or Alleppey, which place is more scenic ?
- 4 Japanese Alps
- 5 One month in Java and Bali
- 6 Visa Service Referral Needed
- 7 Visa Application Form
- 8 Kyushu planning (March-April)
- 9 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 10 Inoculations for Vietnam & Camboda
- 11 Hotel in Langkawi
- 12 Rerouting My Itinerary/April 2016
- 13 How to avoid MSG in China?
- 14 1 week rental in Kyoto (machiya / apartment)
- 15 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 16 Is Dalat worth a visit?
- 17 Thailand and ? 4 weeks summer 2016
- 18 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 19 Kyoto to Tokyo airport - Train or Fly
- 20 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 21 Last Minute Advice for my First Visit to Japan
- 22 Langkawi
- 23 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 24 Last Minute 3 week Japan Trip *HELP!*
- 25 Safety of KKH
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month