We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Ubud Bali
- 2 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 3 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 4 April in Bangkok, again!
- 5 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 6 Which Putu in Bali????
- 7 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 8 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 9 Japan, japan
- 10 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 11 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 12 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 13 Hong Kong restaurants
- 14 Problems at 12,000'
- 15 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 16 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 17 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 18 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 19 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 20 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 21 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 22 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 23 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 24 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 25 How safe is Delhi/India