We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 2 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 3 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 4 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 5 Other than Kyoto?
- 6 Trip Report : China
- 7 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 8 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 9 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 10 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 11 Japan GTG, early April
- 12 Beijing tours
- 13 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 14 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 15 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 16 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 17 A great trip in India
- 18 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 19 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 20 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 21 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 22 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 23 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 24 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 25 Takayama trail, Japan
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month