We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
- 1 Words of narendra modi
- 2 white sand beaches in thailand
- 3 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 4 where to go in SE Asia
- 5 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 6 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 7 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 8 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 9 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 10 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?
- 11 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 12 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 13 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 14 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 15 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 16 Siem Reap from San Fran in winter 2013 FIRST TIME to Asia
- 17 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 18 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 19 Hilton coming in Zhengzhou, China?
- 20 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 21 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 22 Cambodia, Laos and a bit of Hong Kong - 5 1/2 weeks (Jan.24-March 4, 2013)
- 23 Sri Lanka
- 24 Suggestion for Bali
- 25 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed