We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Taipei 10 Night Itinerary
- 2 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 3 Tips for Chiang Rai (or stop eleswhere ?)
- 4 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 5 Bridge players Beware!!
- 6 Southern India here we come
- 7 Vaccinations
- 8 Is series 2006 usd accepted in thailqnd
- 9 Capsule hotels
- 10 Borneo forest fires
- 11 Help finding a ryokan / onsen!
- 12 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 13 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 14 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 15 Chengdu and Beijing
- 16 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 17 One month on Bali/Lombok
- 18 2 months in Indonesia
- 19 a year in burma
- 20 First time to SEA
- 21 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 22 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 23 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 24 Seoul Searching Questions
- 25 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month