We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 best dining in Kyoto
- 2 MANALI
- 3 Sharing my Snow Peak Retreat Manali Honeymoon Unforgettable Experience.
- 4 3 Weeks in Kashmir & Ladakh - Many Highlights Without Trekking!
- 5 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 6 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 7 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 8 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 9 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 10 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 11 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 12 Traveling India in 8 Months
- 13 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 14 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 15 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand
- 16 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 17 China trip - 15 nights
- 18 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 19 From Pittsburgh To Bangalore India In 1 minute
- 20 Japan in July?
- 21 2-week adventure to the far north mountains of Vietnam with Exotic Voyages
- 22 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 23 6 Days in Bangkok - Itinerary Help!
- 24 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 25 Japan - itinerary advice - takayama or kanazawa?