We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Private tours in Northern India
- 2 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 3 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 4 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 5 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 6 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 7 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 8 Tokyo hotel help
- 9 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 10 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 11 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 12 Beware of China Job, Study & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 13 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 14 Vietnam visa
- 15 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 16 Family Friendly Penang
- 17 Train trip costs help please
- 18 Weather forecast
- 19 Bali - What to do?
- 20 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 21 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 22 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 23 Sri Lanka advice
- 24 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 25 Ryokan in Japan
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month