We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 2 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 3 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 4 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 5 Photos from India!
- 6 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 7 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 8 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 9 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 10 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 11 Myanmar River Cruises
- 12 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 13 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 14 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 15 How to handle cash in Japan
- 16 Great Wall hike
- 17 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 18 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 19 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 20 Six days in Hong Kong
- 21 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 22 Storing photos while traveling
- 23 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 24 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 25 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?