We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 2 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 3 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 4 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 5 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 6 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 7 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 8 meeting at beijing airport
- 9 One week in Tokyo
- 10 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 11 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 12 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 13 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 14 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 15 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 16 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 17 Hotel in Singapore
- 18 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 19 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 20 Bali - January 2015
- 21 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 22 Visa Cambodia
- 23 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 24 New Thailand Visa Rules Effective Aug/29/2014
- 25 Two questions about Thailand