We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 2 process for arriving in Narita airport
- 3 Travel within Japan
- 4 SILK BLANKETS: BEIJING or SHANGHAI
- 5 Family Trip to India late May/early June
- 6 Bangkok Hotel- near BTS & late check out
- 7 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 8 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 9 So excited - going to Siem Reap
- 10 Hotel Chang Mai
- 11 Floods in North and Central Vietnam
- 12 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 13 Bhutan paro Tshechu
- 14 Thailand
- 15 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 16 Kindly request/need 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itineary advice
- 17 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 18 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 19 Hotel in Hanoi
- 20 India help needed
- 21 Beach hotel Thailand
- 22 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 23 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 24 Sim cards and adaptors
- 25 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month