We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 2 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 3 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 4 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 5 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 6 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 7 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 8 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 9 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 10 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 11 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 12 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 13 Japan Itinerary for May
- 14 Thai island escape
- 15 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 16 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 17 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 18 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 19 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 20 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 21 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 22 South Korea 5 days
- 23 Japan -OAT tour
- 24 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 25 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu