We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hakone Free Pass
- 2 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 3 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 4 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 5 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 6 Castle & King tour operator review
- 7 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 8 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?
- 9 First trip to Japan
- 10 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 11 What beach to choose?!?!
- 12 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 13 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 14 Singapore or Bali
- 15 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 16 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 17 RHK'S Spring trip
- 18 Hotels in Beijing
- 19 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 20 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 21 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 22 Hanoi, Vietnam - The last days in April, 2015
- 23 Kunming, Yunnan, China
- 24 Good Honeymoon Location in August 2015 on a budget
- 25 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month