We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 which is your nest city ?
- 2 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 3 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 4 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 5 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 6 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 7 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 8 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 9 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 10 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 11 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 12 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 13 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 14 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 15 Nepal
- 16 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 17 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 18 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 19 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 20 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 21 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 22 1st time Japan - solo female
- 23 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 24 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 25 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think