We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
- 1 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 2 Hotel Majestic-Saigon
- 3 Magical India
- 4 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 5 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 6 South East Asia
- 7 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 8 Questions -> Ko Phi Phi - 4 nights
- 9 A Day Trip To Kanchipuram
- 10 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 11 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 12 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 13 Kathie's Burma Bookshelf
- 14 Considering extending my trip! Please help me figure this out
- 15 Indian Visa
- 16 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 17 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 18 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 19 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 20 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 21 India Visa - Does TRAVISA handle dealing with BLS International?
- 22 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 23 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 24 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 25 Japan Times "Backstreet Stories"