We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 2 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 3 Kerala trip
- 4 Trip Report : China
- 5 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 6 A great trip in India
- 7 Japan GTG, early April
- 8 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 9 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 10 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 11 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 12 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 13 Beijing tours
- 14 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 15 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 16 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 17 Takayama trail, Japan
- 18 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 19 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 20 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 21 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 22 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 23 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 24 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 25 Visa for India
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month