We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 2 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 3 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 4 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 5 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 6 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 7 Looking for Serviced apt.
- 8 In Seoul for one day
- 9 Some notes about South Korea
- 10 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 11 A great trip in India
- 12 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 13 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 14 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 15 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 16 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 17 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 18 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 19 Totally unprepared
- 20 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 21 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 22 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
- 23 Rental Car Bali
- 24 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 25 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month