We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
- 1 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 2 Feng Pao Fireworks Festival in Yanshui, Tainan?
- 3 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 4 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 5 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 6 independent travel in India
- 7 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 8 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 9 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 10 Magical India
- 11 geisha performance
- 12 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 13 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 14 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 15 Trip report China
- 16 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 17 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 18 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 19 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 20 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 21 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 22 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 23 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 24 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 25 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.