We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 2 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 3 Vietnam suggestions for November
- 4 April in Bangkok, again!
- 5 Japan - spending money?
- 6 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 7 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 8 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 9 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 10 North India trip report with Castle and King tour company
- 11 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 12 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 13 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 14 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 15 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 16 Good golf in Indonesia?
- 17 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 18 1st Trip to Bali
- 19 Phuket or Koh Samui
- 20 Japan night bus
- 21 Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam - Recommendations on order of Trip!
- 22 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 23 Hire Car In Jaipur
- 24 Can you bargain tour price?
- 25 3 1/2 week trip to Japan advise please!