We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6 full days in Yagoon
- 2 Juphal and dunai help needed
- 3 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 4 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 5 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 6 Kyushu rail pass
- 7 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 8 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 9 Feedback on Thailand/SE Asia initial itinerary w/ kids
- 10 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 11 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 12 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 13 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 14 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 15 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 16 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 17 Currency in South Korea
- 18 Tipping in Japan
- 19 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 20 Places to visit in India in October
- 21 Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start
- 22 Cambodge / Laos / Vietnam arts
- 23 Driver in South India
- 24 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 25 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao