We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 hanoi eats
- 2 A train ride through Java
- 3 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 4 Tour group for Cambodia and Vietnam or Myanmar?
- 5 Hakone Volcano Warning
- 6 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 7 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 8 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 9 Best french restaurant in Hong Kong?
- 10 New Delhi - What to see?
- 11 JAPANiCAN.com
- 12 Tokyo Hotels Etc.
- 13 Travel in Kyushu.
- 14 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 15 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 16 Tour Guide for Jewish Tour of Cochin
- 17 3 weeks itinerary China
- 18 Bicycle riding required?
- 19 Castle & King tour questions
- 20 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 21 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 22 Blog about our 6 week backpacking trip through Southeast Asia
- 23 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 24 trekking in july in Myanmar
- 25 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month