We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 2 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 3 Living in Singapore Questions
- 4 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 5 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 6 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 7 April in Bangkok, again!
- 8 Japan night bus
- 9 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 10 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 11 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 12 Problems at 12,000'
- 13 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 14 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 15 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 16 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 17 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 18 Which Putu in Bali????
- 19 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 20 Japan, japan
- 21 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 22 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 23 Hong Kong restaurants
- 24 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 25 India for 2 weeks in December/January