We are going to be in Kyoto in early April, so I wanted to reserve a visit to at least one of the Imperial sites (Katsura Villa, Shugaquin Villa or Sento Palace) but all three are shown as completely booked in April for the whole month. (http://sankan.kunaicho.go.jp/english/). Does this sound right? I know that Kastura is supposed to have the most beautiful gardens in all Japan, but not a single opening three month in advance? Should I be periodically checking the site in case some spots open up? Are there any other options? Is it possible to get admission without a reservation by just showing up?
Also, what are your favorite sites to visit in Kyoto for cherry blossoms?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 2 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 3 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 4 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 5 14 days in Myanmar
- 6 Changing planes at Dubai
- 7 50th Anniversary trip
- 8 Indian Food Series
- 9 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 10 "necessities" for India
- 11 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 12 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 13 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 14 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 15 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 16 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 17 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 18 Short trip to Myanmar
- 19 ATMs in Japan
- 20 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 21 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 22 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 23 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 24 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 25 Mandalay questions
Kyoto in April - Katsura, Shugaquin, Sento all booked for the month