I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 salesforce release management
- 2 Capsule hotels
- 3 Tips for Chiang Rai (or stop eleswhere ?)
- 4 Vaccinations
- 5 Vietnam trekking travel | vietnam tours
- 6 Southern India here we come
- 7 Borneo forest fires
- 8 TXinjiang safety KKH Safety
- 9 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 10 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 11 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 12 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 13 Taipei 10 Night Itinerary
- 14 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 15 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 16 Bridge players Beware!!
- 17 Is series 2006 usd accepted in thailqnd
- 18 Help finding a ryokan / onsen!
- 19 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 20 Chengdu and Beijing
- 21 One month on Bali/Lombok
- 22 2 months in Indonesia
- 23 a year in burma
- 24 First time to SEA
- 25 First Trip to Japan in April 2016