I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto for Just 2 Days - What Should I See and Do?
- 1 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 2 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 3 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 4 Anyone in Bangkok
- 5 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 6 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 7 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 8 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 9 Travel Insurance
- 10 South East Asia
- 11 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 12 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 13 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 14 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 15 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 16 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 17 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 18 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 19 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 20 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 21 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 22 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 23 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 24 1 week Philippines
- 25 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?