I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto for Just 2 Days - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal
- 2 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 3 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 4 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 5 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 6 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 7 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 8 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 9 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 10 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 11 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 12 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 13 1st time Japan - solo female
- 14 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 15 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 16 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 17 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 18 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 19 Odyssey unlimited
- 20 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 21 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 22 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 23 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 24 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 25 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong