I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto for Just 2 Days - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 where can i find replica handbags
- 2 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 3 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 4 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 5 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 6 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 7 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 8 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 9 Destination Bangkok, again
- 10 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 11 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 12 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 13 Indonesian visa update
- 14 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 15 Vietnam October 2014
- 16 Distance from Tokyo to port of Yokohama
- 17 Interesting article about "Good News" being tweeted about Tibet
- 18 Shoes for 6 inches of water
- 19 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 20 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 21 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 22 3 days in Teheran
- 23 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 24 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 25 Myranmar VISA