I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 총판토토 kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017
- 2 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 3 Japan - costs
- 4 Japan for Foodies
- 5 Lava Tour Merapi Yogyakarta Report
- 6 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 7 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 8 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 9 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 10 Japan Rail Pass
- 11 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 12 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 13 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 14 Sri Lanka May
- 15 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 16 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 17 Japan rough itinerary
- 18 Laos planning.
- 19 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 20 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 21 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 22 One night in Osaka
- 23 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 24 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 25 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July