I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto for Just 2 Days - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 2 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 3 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 4 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 5 April in Bangkok, again!
- 6 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 7 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 8 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 9 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 10 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 11 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 12 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 13 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 14 How safe is Delhi/India
- 15 Malaria
- 16 Vietnam and coffee
- 17 I'm going to Japan!
- 18 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 19 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 20 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 21 Cherry blossom
- 22 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 23 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 24 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 25 Which Putu in Bali????