I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto for Just 2 Days - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 2 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 3 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 4 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 5 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 6 Destination Bangkok, again
- 7 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 8 Travel during China national week?
- 9 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 10 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 11 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 12 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 13 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 14 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 15 Angkor - when to go?
- 16 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 17 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 18 India with 4 kids
- 19 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 20 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 21 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 22 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 23 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 24 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 25 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please