I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 헬로카지노【XAX111.ＣoM】온라인바카라
- 2 바카라게임【XAX111.ＣoM】라이브바카라
- 3 Train trip costs help please
- 4 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 5 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 6 Kashmir Tourism
- 7 Everest Base Camp Trekking
- 8 HEALTHCARE
- 9 Weather forecast
- 10 Vietnam visa
- 11 Bali - What to do?
- 12 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 13 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 14 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 15 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 16 Sri Lanka advice
- 17 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 18 Ryokan in Japan
- 19 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 20 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 21 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 22 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 23 Itinerary & airport help
- 24 Dinner spots for solo traveller
- 25 [Travel to ThaiLand]