I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 base bangkok or manilla
- 2 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 3 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 4 Idiotic time zone question
- 5 Christmas in the Alps
- 6 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 7 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 8 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 9 Mount Koya
- 10 Sometahing is wrong
- 11 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 12 Twin rooms in Japan
- 13 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 14 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 15 sri lanka- tips required
- 16 Change my Itinerary?
- 17 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week