I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto for Just 2 Days - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 2 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 3 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 4 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 5 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 6 Private Guide in Chiang Mai
- 7 last minute plan to visit Sapa, Vietnam -- help
- 8 April in Bangkok, again!
- 9 Japan - spending money?
- 10 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 11 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 12 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 13 North India trip report with Castle and King tour company
- 14 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 15 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 16 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 17 Good golf in Indonesia?
- 18 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 19 1st Trip to Bali
- 20 Phuket or Koh Samui
- 21 Japan night bus
- 22 Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam - Recommendations on order of Trip!
- 23 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 24 Hire Car In Jaipur
- 25 Can you bargain tour price?