I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto for Just 2 Days - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 2 Sri Lanka - Does this seem right?
- 3 Advice Sought On East Malaysia Itinerary
- 4 Place to stay at Muine Phan Thiet, Vietnam?
- 5 Where best to stay in Penang
- 6 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 7 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 8 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 9 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 10 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 11 Thoughts on 2-3 week Myanmar itinerary? And local artists/galleries?
- 12 Visa for Burma/Myanmar from US Embassy in DC?
- 13 Thanks for helping make my trip to China amazing!
- 14 Haneda Airport to Narita Airport
- 15 Restaurants in Singapore
- 16 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 17 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 18 Where to go?
- 19 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 20 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 21 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 22 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 23 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 24 Which airport for Tokyo
- 25 Victoria Peak Hong Kong Question