I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 2 50th Anniversary trip
- 3 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 4 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 5 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 6 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 7 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 8 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 9 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 10 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 11 Help - India take 2
- 12 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 13 CNX late arrival?
- 14 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 15 best singapore hotel
- 16 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 17 is this a good travel plan?
- 18 currency conversion
- 19 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 20 The truth about elephant tourism
- 21 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 22 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 23 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 24 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 25 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June