I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 2 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 3 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 4 Tokyo daytrip
- 5 Japan GTG, early April
- 6 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 7 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 8 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 9 Bali - What to do?
- 10 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 11 Impressions of India
- 12 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 13 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 14 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 15 Taiwan confusion..
- 16 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 17 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 18 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 19 Laos- two weeks in January
- 20 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 21 Visa for India
- 22 Snapshots From Kerala
- 23 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 24 Other than Kyoto?
- 25 Japan itinerary advice