I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto for Just 2 Days - What Should I See and Do?
- 1 NOVELTY PASSPORTS DRIVERS LICENSE ID CARDS VISA READY
- 2 ypur daily news
- 3 Need help rounding out China itinerary
- 4 Eight Days Solo in Burma
- 5 Our favorite Bali -- Ubud, Amed, Seminyak, Pemuteran – 2012
- 6 Best beach to stay at in Phuket?
- 7 I (HEART) HONG KONG
- 8 China 2013 - 17 Days, 7 Airlines, 12 Flights, 21,206 Miles
- 9 NYT article in drop in women traveling to India
- 10 package tours to thailand, flying from us
- 11 First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal
- 12 Food in Uzbekistan
- 13 Sri Lanka itinerary help needed
- 14 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 15 Which hotel in Bangkok?
- 16 Train Fares in Japan
- 17 First trip to China - Itinerary advice please!
- 18 Firefly airlines - reliable and safe?
- 19 Train questions for November Japan trip
- 20 Udaipur, India
- 21 SEA Honeymoon - Feedback please!
- 22 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 23 vaccines for vietnam I'm leaving soon !
- 24 Independence Day (Hari Merdeka) 2013
- 25 independent travel in India