I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto for Just 2 Days - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Where to go?
- 2 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 3 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 4 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 5 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 6 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 7 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 8 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 9 Which airport for Tokyo
- 10 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 11 Victoria Peak Hong Kong Question
- 12 Saturday or Sunday for guided tour not too far from Chiang Mai?
- 13 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 14 newbie solo traveler! budget traveling Japan for a month
- 15 Rain in Hong Kong next week
- 16 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 17 Private transfer from Amritsar to Wahga Border
- 18 India at the end of May
- 19 Restaurants in Singapore
- 20 Books on Japanese mythology or novels inspired by it
- 21 14 Days in Myanmar over the Holidays
- 22 should i stay in Bali longer for the july 15 holiday ?
- 23 Great Wall hike
- 24 Georgia e-visa application
- 25 SE Asia