I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 2 Singapore or Bali
- 3 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 4 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 5 Hotels in Beijing
- 6 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 7 RHK'S Spring trip
- 8 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 9 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 10 Hanoi, Vietnam - The last days in April, 2015
- 11 Kunming, Yunnan, China
- 12 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 13 Good Honeymoon Location in August 2015 on a budget
- 14 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 15 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 16 First trip to Japan
- 17 Hotel in Tokyo
- 18 Borobudur and Yogyakarta - How long?
- 19 Kuala Lumpur & Penang
- 20 Business class on JAL
- 21 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 22 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 23 First Time in Thailand Trip Report - Bangkok & Surin Beach, Phuket
- 24 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 25 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching