I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto for Just 2 Days - What Should I See and Do?
- 1 escort service in Beijing?
- 2 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 3 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 4 Kathie's Burma Bookshelf
- 5 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 6 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 7 Indian Visa
- 8 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 9 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 10 India Visa - Does TRAVISA handle dealing with BLS International?
- 11 Magical India
- 12 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 13 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 14 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 15 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 16 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 17 Japan Times "Backstreet Stories"
- 18 ONLINE HOTEL BOOKING SCAM
- 19 Don't use World Expeditions
- 20 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 21 First time in Japan
- 22 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 23 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 24 Heyloo Hampi
- 25 Southern India