I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto for Just 2 Days - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan in December
- 2 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 3 India Add-on
- 4 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 5 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 6 Destination Bangkok, again
- 7 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 8 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 9 Travel during China national week?
- 10 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 11 Phuket
- 12 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 13 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 14 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 15 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 16 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 17 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 18 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 19 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 20 India, What Can I Say!
- 21 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 22 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 23 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 24 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 25 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports