I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto for Just 2 Days - What Should I See and Do?
- 1 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 2 Udaipur, India
- 3 Ipoh
- 4 Hello, Vietnam
- 5 Singapore Changi Recommends
- 6 1 week in Himachalpradesh in begining of September. Where to go?
- 7 PALACE ON WHEELS - INDIA
- 8 Kashmir or Nepal
- 9 Mumbai: Oberoi or Four Seasons
- 10 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 11 Treasure Junk Halong/Bai Tu Long bay crusie?
- 12 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 13 Sri Lanka
- 14 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 15 LCCT to KL Sentral or 1Utama?
- 16 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 17 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013
- 18 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 19 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 20 Saphan Taksin station in the news again?
- 21 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 22 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 23 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 24 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 25 Wildlife Tour of India