I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 2 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 3 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 4 Travel India solo
- 5 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 6 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 7 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 8 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 9 myanmar
- 10 Busan Central Bus Terminal
- 11 2 months in Taiwan - relaxing & hassle-free breaks in/out of the country?
- 12 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 13 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 14 Osaka, aquarium?
- 15 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 16 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 17 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 18 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 19 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 20 North India Itinerary advice
- 21 Indonesia travel agent
- 22 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 23 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 24 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 25 Advice on Hainan Island?