I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto for Just 2 Days - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Driver in South India
- 2 Two questions about Thailand
- 3 Guide cum Driver in Kolkata
- 4 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 5 Help please with long Indonesia trip
- 6 Which itinerary Vietnam ?
- 7 Bali in begging of July
- 8 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 9 fun travel buddy wanted - se asia nov/dec
- 10 Travel to Thailand - Open to suggestions
- 11 New Thailand Visa Rules Effective Aug/29/2014
- 12 Sapphire princess cruise from Singapore
- 13 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 14 Places to visit in India in October
- 15 50+ travelling solo in Vietnam - where to stay in Hanoi
- 16 Six hours in Seoul, Korea
- 17 china
- 18 Sri Lanka trip Sept 2014
- 19 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 20 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 21 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 22 Mid Dec trip - Trying to plan alone **Feedback please****
- 23 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 24 New airport in Mumbai
- 25 Advice me to select saving plans in terms of free roaming