I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 2 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 3 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 4 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 5 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 6 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 7 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 8 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 9 Japan GTG, early April
- 10 Beijing tours
- 11 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 12 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 15 Takayama trail, Japan
- 16 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 17 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 18 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 19 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 20 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 21 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 22 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 23 Visa for India
- 24 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 25 Hútòng Walking