I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto for Just 2 Days - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 2 Kashmir today
- 3 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 4 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 5 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 6 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 7 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 8 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 9 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 10 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 11 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 12 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 13 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 14 Triple Room in Singapore
- 15 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 16 What I like about Mumbai
- 17 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 18 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak
- 19 11D Family 4 Adults 3 kids age 1, 4, 6 Taiwan trip need advice on itinerary
- 20 Sri Lanka - Itinerary Ideas?
- 21 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 22 6 full days in Yagoon
- 23 Where to Play Basketball in Tokyo
- 24 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 25 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary