I will be travelling to Japan in October, and will be staying at a Ryokan 20 minutes outside of Kyoto. I will only be there for two nights before I move on. I have never been to Kyoto, but I read that it can be difficult to reach the historical and traditional sights because they are spread-out in the modern city, and many of the signs are in Japanese (which I don’t’ currently speak, but I am trying to learn the basics). I will be relying specifically on public transportation. I will also need to be back at the Ryocan for dinner. Could you please advise of specific areas in Kyoto that I could easily take public transportation to, spend a few hours visiting historical and traditional sights, and have some lunch? Also, what things should I concentrate on since I am only there for two days?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Kyoto for Just 2 Days - What Should I See and Do?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 2 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 3 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 4 vietnam and laos
- 5 My SEA trip - photos update
- 6 Nepal- recipe?
- 7 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 8 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 9 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 10 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 11 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 12 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 13 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 14 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 15 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 16 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 17 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 18 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 19 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 20 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 21 Connaught Place
- 22 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 23 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 24 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 25 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?