My family (including a 7-yr old) wil be visiting Kyoto in early April and had questions about public transport. Our itinerary for the three days is below, and my questions are right after that. We are staying at Matsubaya Ryokan on Day 1 which is about 10 mins walk from the Kyoto station. Their address is Nishi-iru, Higashinotouin, Kamijuzuyamachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-city, Zip code 600-8150. On Days 2 and 3, we will be at Aranvert Hotel (179, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 600-8107).
Day 1 (from Matsubaya Ryokan):
- Sanjusangendo Hall
- Kiyomizu Temple (Kiyomizudera)
- Jishu Shrine
- Maruyama Park (for lit Cherry Blossoms in the night)
Day 2 (from Aranvert Hotel):
- Ginkakuji, the Temple of the Silver Pavilion
- Philosopher's Pathway
- Heian Shrine and Garden
- Kyoto Handicraft center
- Nijo Castle (if time permits)
Day 3 (from Aranvert Hotel):
- Kinkakuji (Temple of the Golden Pavilion)
- Ryoanji Temple
1. I am looking at the different pass options here (http://www.city.kyoto.jp/koho/eng/access/transport.html) and was hoping if you could recommend which pass to buy.
2. Based on my itinerary, should I use bus or subway? Which one is convenient for non-Japanese speaking travelers?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 2 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 3 Japan Rail Pass
- 4 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 5 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 6 Japan - costs
- 7 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 8 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 9 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 10 Sri Lanka May
- 11 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 12 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 13 Japan rough itinerary
- 14 Laos planning.
- 15 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 16 Japan for Foodies
- 17 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 18 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 19 One night in Osaka
- 20 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 21 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 22 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 23 Singapore weather in August/September
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 First time going abroad