My family (including a 7-yr old) wil be visiting Kyoto in early April and had questions about public transport. Our itinerary for the three days is below, and my questions are right after that. We are staying at Matsubaya Ryokan on Day 1 which is about 10 mins walk from the Kyoto station. Their address is Nishi-iru, Higashinotouin, Kamijuzuyamachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-city, Zip code 600-8150. On Days 2 and 3, we will be at Aranvert Hotel (179, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 600-8107).
Day 1 (from Matsubaya Ryokan):
- Sanjusangendo Hall
- Kiyomizu Temple (Kiyomizudera)
- Jishu Shrine
- Maruyama Park (for lit Cherry Blossoms in the night)
Day 2 (from Aranvert Hotel):
- Ginkakuji, the Temple of the Silver Pavilion
- Philosopher's Pathway
- Heian Shrine and Garden
- Kyoto Handicraft center
- Nijo Castle (if time permits)
Day 3 (from Aranvert Hotel):
- Kinkakuji (Temple of the Golden Pavilion)
- Ryoanji Temple
1. I am looking at the different pass options here (http://www.city.kyoto.jp/koho/eng/access/transport.html) and was hoping if you could recommend which pass to buy.
2. Based on my itinerary, should I use bus or subway? Which one is convenient for non-Japanese speaking travelers?
Kyoto bus or subway for my itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 2 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 3 1st time Japan - solo female
- 4 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 5 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 6 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 7 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 8 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 9 Odyssey unlimited
- 10 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 11 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 12 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 13 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 14 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 15 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 16 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 17 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 18 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 19 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 20 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 21 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 24 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 25 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!