My family (including a 7-yr old) wil be visiting Kyoto in early April and had questions about public transport. Our itinerary for the three days is below, and my questions are right after that. We are staying at Matsubaya Ryokan on Day 1 which is about 10 mins walk from the Kyoto station. Their address is Nishi-iru, Higashinotouin, Kamijuzuyamachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-city, Zip code 600-8150. On Days 2 and 3, we will be at Aranvert Hotel (179, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 600-8107).
Day 1 (from Matsubaya Ryokan):
- Sanjusangendo Hall
- Kiyomizu Temple (Kiyomizudera)
- Jishu Shrine
- Maruyama Park (for lit Cherry Blossoms in the night)
Day 2 (from Aranvert Hotel):
- Ginkakuji, the Temple of the Silver Pavilion
- Philosopher's Pathway
- Heian Shrine and Garden
- Kyoto Handicraft center
- Nijo Castle (if time permits)
Day 3 (from Aranvert Hotel):
- Kinkakuji (Temple of the Golden Pavilion)
- Ryoanji Temple
1. I am looking at the different pass options here (http://www.city.kyoto.jp/koho/eng/access/transport.html) and was hoping if you could recommend which pass to buy.
2. Based on my itinerary, should I use bus or subway? Which one is convenient for non-Japanese speaking travelers?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 2 Mumbai short visit
- 3 MUMBAI/Dharavi-slum tours-Reality Tours
- 4 Japan Itinerary!
- 5 Thai Elephants
- 6 Anybody would like to visit AAA 2018 with me?
- 7 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 8 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 9 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 10 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 11 Luggage size China ?
- 12 Sri Lanka in August
- 13 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 14 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 15 India itinerary critique please
- 16 Japan/Korea/HK
- 17 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 18 Vientiane and ??
- 19 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 20 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 21 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 24 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 25 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)