Well, I'm still trying to figure out the Malaysian geography and transportation, but I thought I could maybe receive a quicker answer through this forum.
As some of you may have read on other posts, we have a very short time in Malaysia. Basically just dropping in for a couple of days, then moving on. We arrive in KL from Bangkok at 3:05p on 8/7. We then plan to take the night train to Singapore the night of 8/9. so we will basically have 2 nights & 2 days in Malaysia.
One of the things we're planning to see while there is Batu Caves. I know people say it's not a big deal, but I still want to see it for myself. From what I think I understand, Batu Cave is in Selangor. I just read about the firefly park (http://www.fireflypark.com/) in Kuala Selango and am wondering if there's a reasonable way to include this in our time. We don't have our hotel booked yet in KL, so we could possibly spend one night in Selangor if this makes sense.
Is there a good way to get from Batu Cave to the firefly park or vice versa? Would it make sense for us to go directly to the firefly park after we arrive (approx 2 hours by bus), spend the night, go to Batu Cave the next day, then head to KL? Or am I just being ridiculous?
Thanks for your thoughts,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visiting China - must be tour
- 2 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 3 India Trip Report
- 4 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 5 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 6 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 7 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 8 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 9 Hanoi Hotel
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 11 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 12 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 13 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 14 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 15 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 16 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 17 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 18 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 19 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 20 An island paradise?
- 21 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 22 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 23 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 24 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 25 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??