Well, I'm still trying to figure out the Malaysian geography and transportation, but I thought I could maybe receive a quicker answer through this forum.
As some of you may have read on other posts, we have a very short time in Malaysia. Basically just dropping in for a couple of days, then moving on. We arrive in KL from Bangkok at 3:05p on 8/7. We then plan to take the night train to Singapore the night of 8/9. so we will basically have 2 nights & 2 days in Malaysia.
One of the things we're planning to see while there is Batu Caves. I know people say it's not a big deal, but I still want to see it for myself. From what I think I understand, Batu Cave is in Selangor. I just read about the firefly park (http://www.fireflypark.com/) in Kuala Selango and am wondering if there's a reasonable way to include this in our time. We don't have our hotel booked yet in KL, so we could possibly spend one night in Selangor if this makes sense.
Is there a good way to get from Batu Cave to the firefly park or vice versa? Would it make sense for us to go directly to the firefly park after we arrive (approx 2 hours by bus), spend the night, go to Batu Cave the next day, then head to KL? Or am I just being ridiculous?
Thanks for your thoughts,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Family Trip to Japan
- 2 5 weeks in Japan
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 5 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 6 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 7 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 8 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 9 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 10 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 11 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 12 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 13 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 14 New Member
- 15 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 16 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 17 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 18 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 19 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 20 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 22 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 23 Lodge in Borneo
- 24 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 25 China and Japan help