Well, I'm still trying to figure out the Malaysian geography and transportation, but I thought I could maybe receive a quicker answer through this forum.
As some of you may have read on other posts, we have a very short time in Malaysia. Basically just dropping in for a couple of days, then moving on. We arrive in KL from Bangkok at 3:05p on 8/7. We then plan to take the night train to Singapore the night of 8/9. so we will basically have 2 nights & 2 days in Malaysia.
One of the things we're planning to see while there is Batu Caves. I know people say it's not a big deal, but I still want to see it for myself. From what I think I understand, Batu Cave is in Selangor. I just read about the firefly park (http://www.fireflypark.com/) in Kuala Selango and am wondering if there's a reasonable way to include this in our time. We don't have our hotel booked yet in KL, so we could possibly spend one night in Selangor if this makes sense.
Is there a good way to get from Batu Cave to the firefly park or vice versa? Would it make sense for us to go directly to the firefly park after we arrive (approx 2 hours by bus), spend the night, go to Batu Cave the next day, then head to KL? Or am I just being ridiculous?
Thanks for your thoughts,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 2 Japan rough itinerary
- 3 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 4 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 5 Budget Servied Apt
- 6 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 7 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 8 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 9 Something about... Malaysia
- 10 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 11 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 12 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
- 13 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 14 Tour Companies for Vietnam trip
- 15 Japan - Your favorite locations in Kyushu
- 16 Japan Itinerary!
- 17 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 18 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 19 Chiang Mai, Thailand and Myanmar
- 20 First Trip to Japan in August
- 21 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 22 Cherry Blossom Trip April 2018
- 23 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 24 Japan - restaurant reservations
- 25 Planning third trip to Japan