Dear fellow travelers,
I am beside myself with excitement about my upcoming trip! I will try my best to keep it together and be coherent as I ask for your help and suggestions but if I should fail to make much sense, I apologize ahead of time and don’t mind you saying I’m not making sense.
A friend and I are traveling together and have a very loose itinerary and can use all the help I can get because we’re rather late with my research. We were planning and researching a trip to East Timor but as it turns out the trip that materialized is as follows:
Dec. 23rd flight: Tokyo to Taipei to Kuala Lumpur. These are the lose points we have discussed and considered thus far.
• 3 hours layover in Taipei. We guess it’s only enough time to scour the airport information kiosks and gather some literature since we will return at the end of our trip for a day and a half.
• Christmas in Malaysia. (Should be interesting since the country is predominantly Muslim).
• Maybe stay in Malaysia a couple of days after Christmas and leave around the 27th.
• Make our way to Singapore overland via train or bus –Recommendations needed here, please.
• Welcome the New Year in Singapore and depart the day after.
January 2nd flight: Singapore to Taipei.
• We arrive in Taipei just before 6 PM and plan to make a night of it since we only have the following full day in country.
January 4th flight: Taipei to Tokyo which is currently home for us.
Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Things to do, budget accommodations, places to see, foods to eat and any warnings you may want to share. The only things we can’t change are our flights but how we fill the time in-between should be great fun. Neither of us is into shopping, we like to experience the culture of a place and get as close to the locals as possible.
Thanks you so much for your tips!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 2 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 3 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 4 Japanese art
- 5 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 6 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?
- 7 Hakone station confusion
- 8 Visa on Arrival
- 9 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
- 10 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 11 Traveling to SE Asia
- 12 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 13 Tailor recommendation in Hoi An Viet Nam
- 14 Rupees upon arrival in Delhi
- 15 Rifaximin for the dreaded stomach issues
- 16 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 17 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 18 Scenery around Luang Prabang
- 19 TOKYO tour guide
- 20 travel ideas for Thailand and ??
- 21 1 month in Thailand and??
- 22 Kimballs in Panama
- 23 Japan - 8 nights. Tokyo, Osaka &
- 24 first draft -- java and bali, plus
- 25 Best Thailand beach town for family with 2 toddlers?
Kuala Lumpor, Singapore, Taipei for Christmas and New Year!
Dear fellow travelers,