Dear fellow travelers,
I am beside myself with excitement about my upcoming trip! I will try my best to keep it together and be coherent as I ask for your help and suggestions but if I should fail to make much sense, I apologize ahead of time and don’t mind you saying I’m not making sense.
A friend and I are traveling together and have a very loose itinerary and can use all the help I can get because we’re rather late with my research. We were planning and researching a trip to East Timor but as it turns out the trip that materialized is as follows:
Dec. 23rd flight: Tokyo to Taipei to Kuala Lumpur. These are the lose points we have discussed and considered thus far.
• 3 hours layover in Taipei. We guess it’s only enough time to scour the airport information kiosks and gather some literature since we will return at the end of our trip for a day and a half.
• Christmas in Malaysia. (Should be interesting since the country is predominantly Muslim).
• Maybe stay in Malaysia a couple of days after Christmas and leave around the 27th.
• Make our way to Singapore overland via train or bus –Recommendations needed here, please.
• Welcome the New Year in Singapore and depart the day after.
January 2nd flight: Singapore to Taipei.
• We arrive in Taipei just before 6 PM and plan to make a night of it since we only have the following full day in country.
January 4th flight: Taipei to Tokyo which is currently home for us.
Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Things to do, budget accommodations, places to see, foods to eat and any warnings you may want to share. The only things we can’t change are our flights but how we fill the time in-between should be great fun. Neither of us is into shopping, we like to experience the culture of a place and get as close to the locals as possible.
Thanks you so much for your tips!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 JR Summer Seasonal Trains
- 2 Kathmandu and EBC trek in earthquake aftermath
- 3 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 4 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 5 What are the places to visit in Sikkim
- 6 China itinerary
- 7 Castle & King tour operator review
- 8 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 9 June 4-10 accommodations near Minzu University (Beijing)?
- 10 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 11 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 12 Advice Sought On East Malaysia Itinerary
- 13 First trip to Japan
- 14 Immigration/customs Turkey to Pakistan
- 15 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 16 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 17 Best eats near Minzu University in Beijing? (June-August 2015 trip)
- 18 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 19 Amazing service - Himalayan Leaders
- 20 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 21 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
- 22 Northern India in June
- 23 Hakone Free Pass
- 24 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 25 OAT trip to India
Kuala Lumpor, Singapore, Taipei for Christmas and New Year!
Dear fellow travelers,