Dear fellow travelers,
I am beside myself with excitement about my upcoming trip! I will try my best to keep it together and be coherent as I ask for your help and suggestions but if I should fail to make much sense, I apologize ahead of time and don’t mind you saying I’m not making sense.
A friend and I are traveling together and have a very loose itinerary and can use all the help I can get because we’re rather late with my research. We were planning and researching a trip to East Timor but as it turns out the trip that materialized is as follows:
Dec. 23rd flight: Tokyo to Taipei to Kuala Lumpur. These are the lose points we have discussed and considered thus far.
• 3 hours layover in Taipei. We guess it’s only enough time to scour the airport information kiosks and gather some literature since we will return at the end of our trip for a day and a half.
• Christmas in Malaysia. (Should be interesting since the country is predominantly Muslim).
• Maybe stay in Malaysia a couple of days after Christmas and leave around the 27th.
• Make our way to Singapore overland via train or bus –Recommendations needed here, please.
• Welcome the New Year in Singapore and depart the day after.
January 2nd flight: Singapore to Taipei.
• We arrive in Taipei just before 6 PM and plan to make a night of it since we only have the following full day in country.
January 4th flight: Taipei to Tokyo which is currently home for us.
Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Things to do, budget accommodations, places to see, foods to eat and any warnings you may want to share. The only things we can’t change are our flights but how we fill the time in-between should be great fun. Neither of us is into shopping, we like to experience the culture of a place and get as close to the locals as possible.
Thanks you so much for your tips!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 little flooring manufacturers
- 2 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 3 Passport
- 4 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 5 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 6 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 7 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 8 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 9 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 10 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 11 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 12 Amakusa island help
- 13 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 14 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 15 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 16 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 17 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 18 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 19 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 20 Japan Itinerary
- 21 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 22 Toddler twin travel in India
- 23 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 24 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 25 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
Kuala Lumpor, Singapore, Taipei for Christmas and New Year!
Dear fellow travelers,