Dear fellow travelers,
I am beside myself with excitement about my upcoming trip! I will try my best to keep it together and be coherent as I ask for your help and suggestions but if I should fail to make much sense, I apologize ahead of time and don’t mind you saying I’m not making sense.
A friend and I are traveling together and have a very loose itinerary and can use all the help I can get because we’re rather late with my research. We were planning and researching a trip to East Timor but as it turns out the trip that materialized is as follows:
Dec. 23rd flight: Tokyo to Taipei to Kuala Lumpur. These are the lose points we have discussed and considered thus far.
• 3 hours layover in Taipei. We guess it’s only enough time to scour the airport information kiosks and gather some literature since we will return at the end of our trip for a day and a half.
• Christmas in Malaysia. (Should be interesting since the country is predominantly Muslim).
• Maybe stay in Malaysia a couple of days after Christmas and leave around the 27th.
• Make our way to Singapore overland via train or bus –Recommendations needed here, please.
• Welcome the New Year in Singapore and depart the day after.
January 2nd flight: Singapore to Taipei.
• We arrive in Taipei just before 6 PM and plan to make a night of it since we only have the following full day in country.
January 4th flight: Taipei to Tokyo which is currently home for us.
Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Things to do, budget accommodations, places to see, foods to eat and any warnings you may want to share. The only things we can’t change are our flights but how we fill the time in-between should be great fun. Neither of us is into shopping, we like to experience the culture of a place and get as close to the locals as possible.
Thanks you so much for your tips!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 2 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 3 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 4 Is this crazy?
- 5 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 6 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo
- 7 Taxis in Yangon
- 8 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 9 Feb 17 Itinenary (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia)
- 10 144 Hour Visa Exception China
- 11 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 12 Shanghai Tailor?
- 13 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 14 Best of Koh Tao
- 15 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part One
- 16 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 17 India help with where to go
- 18 Studying yoga in India
- 19 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part Two (more difficult)
- 20 Chiyoda or Shitaya area stay?
- 21 Visit Mandalay or not?
- 22 Fabric shops in India
- 23 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 24 Honeymoon in Thailan
- 25 What to leave out of itinerary (and adjunct questions)?
Kuala Lumpor, Singapore, Taipei for Christmas and New Year!
Dear fellow travelers,