Dear fellow travelers,
I am beside myself with excitement about my upcoming trip! I will try my best to keep it together and be coherent as I ask for your help and suggestions but if I should fail to make much sense, I apologize ahead of time and don’t mind you saying I’m not making sense.
A friend and I are traveling together and have a very loose itinerary and can use all the help I can get because we’re rather late with my research. We were planning and researching a trip to East Timor but as it turns out the trip that materialized is as follows:
Dec. 23rd flight: Tokyo to Taipei to Kuala Lumpur. These are the lose points we have discussed and considered thus far.
• 3 hours layover in Taipei. We guess it’s only enough time to scour the airport information kiosks and gather some literature since we will return at the end of our trip for a day and a half.
• Christmas in Malaysia. (Should be interesting since the country is predominantly Muslim).
• Maybe stay in Malaysia a couple of days after Christmas and leave around the 27th.
• Make our way to Singapore overland via train or bus –Recommendations needed here, please.
• Welcome the New Year in Singapore and depart the day after.
January 2nd flight: Singapore to Taipei.
• We arrive in Taipei just before 6 PM and plan to make a night of it since we only have the following full day in country.
January 4th flight: Taipei to Tokyo which is currently home for us.
Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Things to do, budget accommodations, places to see, foods to eat and any warnings you may want to share. The only things we can’t change are our flights but how we fill the time in-between should be great fun. Neither of us is into shopping, we like to experience the culture of a place and get as close to the locals as possible.
Thanks you so much for your tips!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Moyo, Paradise Island in Indonesia
- 2 Bali Dreaming
- 3 Where to go in Azerbaijan aside from Baku
- 4 Bangkok for a month: crazy?
- 5 Hong Kong - walking from Pacific Place to IFC (four seasons)
- 6 Singapore hotels: St. Regis or the new Westin
- 7 10 hours in Macau - What to do?
- 8 looking for 1 week Vietnam itinerary suggestions
- 9 Honeymoon - Phuket / Kho Lak - Hotel Advice?
- 10 Hotel recommendation-Ho Chi Minh City
- 11 Japan in December with a toddler
- 12 Kyoto hotels - Royal Park or Citadines Karasuma?
- 13 Hotel near Shinagawa train station
- 14 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 15 Pl suggest itinerary in Taipei / surrounds for 6 nights Nov 2015
- 16 where can I buy IASO?
- 17 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 18 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 19 Looking for country suggestions for 2 week itinerary for next year's trip
- 20 Chaing Mai how long and 1-day meditation retreat
- 21 November trip to Myanmar and Cambodia
- 22 Thailand For 5 weeks starting 11/5/2015
- 23 HONG KONG: 9 Must-Dine Restaurants To Suit Every Budget
- 24 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 25 Once again, possible Nepal backup
Kuala Lumpor, Singapore, Taipei for Christmas and New Year!
Dear fellow travelers,