Dear fellow travelers,
I am beside myself with excitement about my upcoming trip! I will try my best to keep it together and be coherent as I ask for your help and suggestions but if I should fail to make much sense, I apologize ahead of time and don’t mind you saying I’m not making sense.
A friend and I are traveling together and have a very loose itinerary and can use all the help I can get because we’re rather late with my research. We were planning and researching a trip to East Timor but as it turns out the trip that materialized is as follows:
Dec. 23rd flight: Tokyo to Taipei to Kuala Lumpur. These are the lose points we have discussed and considered thus far.
• 3 hours layover in Taipei. We guess it’s only enough time to scour the airport information kiosks and gather some literature since we will return at the end of our trip for a day and a half.
• Christmas in Malaysia. (Should be interesting since the country is predominantly Muslim).
• Maybe stay in Malaysia a couple of days after Christmas and leave around the 27th.
• Make our way to Singapore overland via train or bus –Recommendations needed here, please.
• Welcome the New Year in Singapore and depart the day after.
January 2nd flight: Singapore to Taipei.
• We arrive in Taipei just before 6 PM and plan to make a night of it since we only have the following full day in country.
January 4th flight: Taipei to Tokyo which is currently home for us.
Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Things to do, budget accommodations, places to see, foods to eat and any warnings you may want to share. The only things we can’t change are our flights but how we fill the time in-between should be great fun. Neither of us is into shopping, we like to experience the culture of a place and get as close to the locals as possible.
Thanks you so much for your tips!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Universal Studios Japan crowd levels in late November 2015?
- 2 Mid Autumn Festival China - Stay or go?
- 3 Another Vietnam Visa Question
- 4 hanoi eats
- 5 Hotels in Kumamoto and Fukuoka
- 6 Burma and Vietnam, when to go.
- 7 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 8 AMA vs VIKING
- 9 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 10 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 11 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 12 Hotel in Tokyo
- 13 Indochina Junk - Which vessel?
- 14 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 15 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 16 Incheon Transit Tours
- 17 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 18 Tokyo with kids : what an amazing trip!
- 19 Vietnam - September 2015
- 20 Seeking Vietnam Itinerary Advice
- 21 2-3 nights in Ubud, where to stay?
- 22 Burma or Laos.
- 23 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 24 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 25 Worldspree Thailand or India
Kuala Lumpor, Singapore, Taipei for Christmas and New Year!
Dear fellow travelers,