Dear fellow travelers,
I am beside myself with excitement about my upcoming trip! I will try my best to keep it together and be coherent as I ask for your help and suggestions but if I should fail to make much sense, I apologize ahead of time and don’t mind you saying I’m not making sense.
A friend and I are traveling together and have a very loose itinerary and can use all the help I can get because we’re rather late with my research. We were planning and researching a trip to East Timor but as it turns out the trip that materialized is as follows:
Dec. 23rd flight: Tokyo to Taipei to Kuala Lumpur. These are the lose points we have discussed and considered thus far.
• 3 hours layover in Taipei. We guess it’s only enough time to scour the airport information kiosks and gather some literature since we will return at the end of our trip for a day and a half.
• Christmas in Malaysia. (Should be interesting since the country is predominantly Muslim).
• Maybe stay in Malaysia a couple of days after Christmas and leave around the 27th.
• Make our way to Singapore overland via train or bus –Recommendations needed here, please.
• Welcome the New Year in Singapore and depart the day after.
January 2nd flight: Singapore to Taipei.
• We arrive in Taipei just before 6 PM and plan to make a night of it since we only have the following full day in country.
January 4th flight: Taipei to Tokyo which is currently home for us.
Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Things to do, budget accommodations, places to see, foods to eat and any warnings you may want to share. The only things we can’t change are our flights but how we fill the time in-between should be great fun. Neither of us is into shopping, we like to experience the culture of a place and get as close to the locals as possible.
Thanks you so much for your tips!
Kuala Lumpor, Singapore, Taipei for Christmas and New Year!
Dear fellow travelers,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need help planning a trip to Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam
- 2 Visa Cambodia
- 3 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 4 Bali - January 2015
- 5 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 6 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 7 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 8 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 9 Stop-over in Seoul
- 10 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 11 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 12 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 13 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 14 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 15 meeting at beijing airport
- 16 One week in Tokyo
- 17 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 18 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 19 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 20 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 21 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 22 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 23 Hotel in Singapore
- 24 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 25 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand