Dear fellow travelers,
I am beside myself with excitement about my upcoming trip! I will try my best to keep it together and be coherent as I ask for your help and suggestions but if I should fail to make much sense, I apologize ahead of time and don’t mind you saying I’m not making sense.
A friend and I are traveling together and have a very loose itinerary and can use all the help I can get because we’re rather late with my research. We were planning and researching a trip to East Timor but as it turns out the trip that materialized is as follows:
Dec. 23rd flight: Tokyo to Taipei to Kuala Lumpur. These are the lose points we have discussed and considered thus far.
• 3 hours layover in Taipei. We guess it’s only enough time to scour the airport information kiosks and gather some literature since we will return at the end of our trip for a day and a half.
• Christmas in Malaysia. (Should be interesting since the country is predominantly Muslim).
• Maybe stay in Malaysia a couple of days after Christmas and leave around the 27th.
• Make our way to Singapore overland via train or bus –Recommendations needed here, please.
• Welcome the New Year in Singapore and depart the day after.
January 2nd flight: Singapore to Taipei.
• We arrive in Taipei just before 6 PM and plan to make a night of it since we only have the following full day in country.
January 4th flight: Taipei to Tokyo which is currently home for us.
Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Things to do, budget accommodations, places to see, foods to eat and any warnings you may want to share. The only things we can’t change are our flights but how we fill the time in-between should be great fun. Neither of us is into shopping, we like to experience the culture of a place and get as close to the locals as possible.
Thanks you so much for your tips!
Kuala Lumpor, Singapore, Taipei for Christmas and New Year!
Dear fellow travelers,
- 1 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 2 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 3 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 4 India Visa - Does TRAVISA handle dealing with BLS International?
- 5 What are the things you look out for in a luxury hotel?
- 6 Magical India
- 7 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 8 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 9 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 10 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 11 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 12 Indian Visa
- 13 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 14 Japan Times "Backstreet Stories"
- 15 ONLINE HOTEL BOOKING SCAM
- 16 Don't use World Expeditions
- 17 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 18 First time in Japan
- 19 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 20 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 21 Heyloo Hampi
- 22 Southern India
- 23 Bangkok - November 2014
- 24 Villa in Canggu Bali
- 25 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?