Dear fellow travelers,
I am beside myself with excitement about my upcoming trip! I will try my best to keep it together and be coherent as I ask for your help and suggestions but if I should fail to make much sense, I apologize ahead of time and don’t mind you saying I’m not making sense.
A friend and I are traveling together and have a very loose itinerary and can use all the help I can get because we’re rather late with my research. We were planning and researching a trip to East Timor but as it turns out the trip that materialized is as follows:
Dec. 23rd flight: Tokyo to Taipei to Kuala Lumpur. These are the lose points we have discussed and considered thus far.
• 3 hours layover in Taipei. We guess it’s only enough time to scour the airport information kiosks and gather some literature since we will return at the end of our trip for a day and a half.
• Christmas in Malaysia. (Should be interesting since the country is predominantly Muslim).
• Maybe stay in Malaysia a couple of days after Christmas and leave around the 27th.
• Make our way to Singapore overland via train or bus –Recommendations needed here, please.
• Welcome the New Year in Singapore and depart the day after.
January 2nd flight: Singapore to Taipei.
• We arrive in Taipei just before 6 PM and plan to make a night of it since we only have the following full day in country.
January 4th flight: Taipei to Tokyo which is currently home for us.
Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Things to do, budget accommodations, places to see, foods to eat and any warnings you may want to share. The only things we can’t change are our flights but how we fill the time in-between should be great fun. Neither of us is into shopping, we like to experience the culture of a place and get as close to the locals as possible.
Thanks you so much for your tips!
Kuala Lumpor, Singapore, Taipei for Christmas and New Year!
Dear fellow travelers,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Haneda Airport to Narita Airport
- 2 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 3 Restaurants in Singapore
- 4 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 5 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 6 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 7 Where to go?
- 8 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 9 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 10 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 11 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 12 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 13 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 14 Which airport for Tokyo
- 15 Victoria Peak Hong Kong Question
- 16 Saturday or Sunday for guided tour not too far from Chiang Mai?
- 17 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 18 newbie solo traveler! budget traveling Japan for a month
- 19 Rain in Hong Kong next week
- 20 Private transfer from Amritsar to Wahga Border
- 21 India at the end of May
- 22 Books on Japanese mythology or novels inspired by it
- 23 14 Days in Myanmar over the Holidays
- 24 should i stay in Bali longer for the july 15 holiday ?
- 25 Great Wall hike