I'm a bit torn ..will be in Thailand 28th of December this year through the 1st.
Am torn between attending Koh Phangan NYE party on Haad Rin, versus skipping the south altogether and doing Koh Lanta and surrounding Krabi beaches.
I've been to Railay and other Krabi beaches twice - and loved them - stunning.
I can explore Koh Lanta and surrounding beaches this time - i hear they are beautiful but NYE may be too low-key? Or there might be some smaller beach parties I think. Couldn't find much information.
The biggest confusion is i hear the southern gulf of thailand beaches are just getting over the rains in late December and this could make the water rougher? I would hate that. I would base myself in Koh Samui or Koh Phangan and NYE would be in Koh Phangan - and if the full moon party is too much for me and my two cousins we could just take off to one of the other smaller beaches and leave the full moon party.
I somewhat want to experience the full moon party once but I also hear it's terrible these days. And if the weather is not the best - what's the point of being in the south. I hear An Thong Marine park does open by December 23d so I could still do day tours to that and Ko Tao....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.supplements4tips.com/alpha-muscle-complex/
- 2 Traffic and Police in India
- 3 Serendipity Srilanka
- 4 TOP 1O MUST – TRY VIETNAM DISHES IN HA NOI FOR FOOD LOVING GLOBETROTTERS
- 5 Best Travel agent in India. Any Advise?
- 6 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 7 New Thai Visa
- 8 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 9 6 Things You May Want To Know About Vietnam Visa On Arrival In 2017
- 10 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 11 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 12 New Years in Japan
- 13 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 14 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 15 Sri Lanka in December
- 16 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 17 january 31 in colombo
- 18 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 19 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 20 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 21 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 22 3 weeks in Japan
- 23 A first time for everything in Japan
- 24 India Tour Companies
- 25 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.