I'm a bit torn ..will be in Thailand 28th of December this year through the 1st.
Am torn between attending Koh Phangan NYE party on Haad Rin, versus skipping the south altogether and doing Koh Lanta and surrounding Krabi beaches.
I've been to Railay and other Krabi beaches twice - and loved them - stunning.
I can explore Koh Lanta and surrounding beaches this time - i hear they are beautiful but NYE may be too low-key? Or there might be some smaller beach parties I think. Couldn't find much information.
The biggest confusion is i hear the southern gulf of thailand beaches are just getting over the rains in late December and this could make the water rougher? I would hate that. I would base myself in Koh Samui or Koh Phangan and NYE would be in Koh Phangan - and if the full moon party is too much for me and my two cousins we could just take off to one of the other smaller beaches and leave the full moon party.
I somewhat want to experience the full moon party once but I also hear it's terrible these days. And if the weather is not the best - what's the point of being in the south. I hear An Thong Marine park does open by December 23d so I could still do day tours to that and Ko Tao....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 My Topic Titlehttp://www.healthcare24by7.org/primal-x/
- 2 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 3 Impressions of India
- 4 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 5 Japan Rail Pass
- 6 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 7 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 8 Japan for Foodies
- 9 Inquiry : Survey on TripAdvisor Bali Hotels
- 10 11 days in Vietnam - need input on itinerary
- 11 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 12 Vietnam 19 day Itinerary
- 13 Bad experience with savaari.com
- 14 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 15 Vietnam Planning
- 16 Backpacking on a budget
- 17 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 18 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 19 Japan rough itinerary
- 20 One night in Osaka
- 21 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 22 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 23 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 24 Singapore weather in August/September
- 25 Across Uzbekistan with MIR