I'm a bit torn ..will be in Thailand 28th of December this year through the 1st.
Am torn between attending Koh Phangan NYE party on Haad Rin, versus skipping the south altogether and doing Koh Lanta and surrounding Krabi beaches.
I've been to Railay and other Krabi beaches twice - and loved them - stunning.
I can explore Koh Lanta and surrounding beaches this time - i hear they are beautiful but NYE may be too low-key? Or there might be some smaller beach parties I think. Couldn't find much information.
The biggest confusion is i hear the southern gulf of thailand beaches are just getting over the rains in late December and this could make the water rougher? I would hate that. I would base myself in Koh Samui or Koh Phangan and NYE would be in Koh Phangan - and if the full moon party is too much for me and my two cousins we could just take off to one of the other smaller beaches and leave the full moon party.
I somewhat want to experience the full moon party once but I also hear it's terrible these days. And if the weather is not the best - what's the point of being in the south. I hear An Thong Marine park does open by December 23d so I could still do day tours to that and Ko Tao....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 USA : HP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 HP Printer 24*7
- 2 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 3 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 4 Twin rooms in Japan
- 5 sri lanka- tips required
- 6 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 7 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 8 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 9 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 10 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 11 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 12 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 13 Christmas in the Alps
- 14 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 15 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 16 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 17 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 18 Laos or Kerala?
- 19 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 20 Bali & Singapore in October
- 21 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 22 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 23 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 24 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 25 Booking on the fly