I'm a bit torn ..will be in Thailand 28th of December this year through the 1st.
Am torn between attending Koh Phangan NYE party on Haad Rin, versus skipping the south altogether and doing Koh Lanta and surrounding Krabi beaches.
I've been to Railay and other Krabi beaches twice - and loved them - stunning.
I can explore Koh Lanta and surrounding beaches this time - i hear they are beautiful but NYE may be too low-key? Or there might be some smaller beach parties I think. Couldn't find much information.
The biggest confusion is i hear the southern gulf of thailand beaches are just getting over the rains in late December and this could make the water rougher? I would hate that. I would base myself in Koh Samui or Koh Phangan and NYE would be in Koh Phangan - and if the full moon party is too much for me and my two cousins we could just take off to one of the other smaller beaches and leave the full moon party.
I somewhat want to experience the full moon party once but I also hear it's terrible these days. And if the weather is not the best - what's the point of being in the south. I hear An Thong Marine park does open by December 23d so I could still do day tours to that and Ko Tao....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help buy shares online
- 2 Sim cards and adaptors
- 3 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 4 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 5 How to Celebrate New Year 2016 in Pakistan?
- 6 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 7 India help needed
- 8 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 9 Sri Lanka Visa
- 10 Hoi Ann hotel
- 11 Hotel in Hanoi
- 12 Place to stay Hue
- 13 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 14 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 15 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 16 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 17 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 18 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 19 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 20 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 21 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 22 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 23 Trekking outside Sapa
- 24 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 25 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang