We are a group of friends spending four days in Kerala this December, and due to short time, wondering if it's possible to start at backwaters in Kochi/Alappuzha and ride overnight in a houseboat down to Varkala for a couple days on the beach.
Has anyone done/heard of doing this, and/or can recommend a good houseboat operator to ask? There are so many houseboat sites that look touristy, prefer a referral.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 2 Georgetown Penang and Java for about 3 weeks in April May or June 2016.
- 3 Anyone used China Odyssey?
- 4 a year in burma
- 5 Chengdu and Beijing
- 6 TXinjiang safety KKH Safety
- 7 Ningbo places to see and things to do
- 8 Southern India here we come
- 9 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 10 Tips for Chiang Rai (or stop eleswhere ?)
- 11 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 12 Capsule hotels
- 13 Vaccinations
- 14 Borneo forest fires
- 15 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 16 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 17 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 18 Taipei 10 Night Itinerary
- 19 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 20 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 21 Bridge players Beware!!
- 22 Is series 2006 usd accepted in thailqnd
- 23 Help finding a ryokan / onsen!
- 24 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 25 One month on Bali/Lombok
Kerala: anyone traveled by houseboat from Kochi to Varkala?