We are a group of friends spending four days in Kerala this December, and due to short time, wondering if it's possible to start at backwaters in Kochi/Alappuzha and ride overnight in a houseboat down to Varkala for a couple days on the beach.
Has anyone done/heard of doing this, and/or can recommend a good houseboat operator to ask? There are so many houseboat sites that look touristy, prefer a referral.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best beaches in Sri Lanka
- 2 Yangon Birthday Dinner
- 3 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 4 A tour operator overwhelmingly mentioned on another site
- 5 Eating in India
- 6 Trekking in India
- 7 Where best to stay in Penang
- 8 Vietnam - September 2015
- 9 Hotel in Hanoi
- 10 17-Day Itinerary
- 11 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 12 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 13 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 14 Need Help for the itinerary
- 15 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 16 India On Arrival Visa
- 17 vietnam transportation
- 18 Where to eat on a budget in Tokyo
- 19 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 20 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 21 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 22 12 days in Japan
- 23 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 24 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 25 Tigerwalah Experience
Kerala: anyone traveled by houseboat from Kochi to Varkala?