We are a group of friends spending four days in Kerala this December, and due to short time, wondering if it's possible to start at backwaters in Kochi/Alappuzha and ride overnight in a houseboat down to Varkala for a couple days on the beach.
Has anyone done/heard of doing this, and/or can recommend a good houseboat operator to ask? There are so many houseboat sites that look touristy, prefer a referral.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok hotel - River sides pros/cons
- 2 Bangkok hotel - Feedback requested on specific hotels
- 3 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 4 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 5 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 6 Travelling to Malaysia with an invalid Australian Passport
- 7 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 8 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 9 Phuket
- 10 Which locations should I select for my Goa trip?
- 11 Japan: ATM Machines
- 12 In Spite of Old and Dilapidated, more Creators Were Attracted
- 13 Don't forget the wellies...
- 14 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 15 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 16 So, why go to Vietnam?
- 17 Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown in VN
- 18 Vientiane and ??
- 19 Air Asia now fly to Luang Prabang
- 20 A great trip in India
- 21 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 22 On a scale of 1 to 10, how dirty is India?
- 23 How to do this
- 24 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2016 - Annapurna Base Camp (and more)
- 25 China 31 days Itinerary - Need your advice
Kerala: anyone traveled by houseboat from Kochi to Varkala?