We are a group of friends spending four days in Kerala this December, and due to short time, wondering if it's possible to start at backwaters in Kochi/Alappuzha and ride overnight in a houseboat down to Varkala for a couple days on the beach.
Has anyone done/heard of doing this, and/or can recommend a good houseboat operator to ask? There are so many houseboat sites that look touristy, prefer a referral.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 2 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 3 Honeymoon in Thailan
- 4 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 5 Tokyo & Kyoto
- 6 Thai Massage Questions
- 7 Bangkok: Massage
- 8 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 9 Recommendations for spa treatments in Bangkok?
- 10 ANYONE TRIED THESE SPAS IN BANGKOK?
- 11 base in Osaka or Kyoto question
- 12 Planning first India trip: Advice needed!!
- 13 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 14 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 15 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 16 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 17 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 18 Beautiful location for painting
- 19 Phuket
- 20 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 21 Train Travel in Thailand
- 22 Tips for Myanmar in October
- 23 NOT the Same Visa on Arrival Question... Sorta
- 24 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 25 New luxury hotel in Singapore
Kerala: anyone traveled by houseboat from Kochi to Varkala?