We are a group of friends spending four days in Kerala this December, and due to short time, wondering if it's possible to start at backwaters in Kochi/Alappuzha and ride overnight in a houseboat down to Varkala for a couple days on the beach.
Has anyone done/heard of doing this, and/or can recommend a good houseboat operator to ask? There are so many houseboat sites that look touristy, prefer a referral.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 오션 바다이야기 신천지 ▣☆접 속 : vtk19.컴 ▣☆
- 2 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 3 "necessities" for India
- 4 Mandalay questions
- 5 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 6 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 7 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 8 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 9 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 10 50th Anniversary trip
- 11 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 12 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 13 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 14 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 15 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 16 Help - India take 2
- 17 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 18 CNX late arrival?
- 19 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 20 best singapore hotel
- 21 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 22 is this a good travel plan?
- 23 currency conversion
- 24 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 25 The truth about elephant tourism
Kerala: anyone traveled by houseboat from Kochi to Varkala?