We are a group of friends spending four days in Kerala this December, and due to short time, wondering if it's possible to start at backwaters in Kochi/Alappuzha and ride overnight in a houseboat down to Varkala for a couple days on the beach.
Has anyone done/heard of doing this, and/or can recommend a good houseboat operator to ask? There are so many houseboat sites that look touristy, prefer a referral.
Kerala: anyone traveled by houseboat from Kochi to Varkala?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Elephants in SE Asia.
- 2 Penang
- 3 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 4 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 5 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 6 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 7 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 8 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 9 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 10 World Record-breaking Art Exhibition in Hong Kong ( Big Era - 1960s )
- 11 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 12 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 13 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 14 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 15 Welcome To Saigon. The Heat Is On.
- 16 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 17 July itinerary in Japan
- 18 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 19 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 20 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 21 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 22 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 23 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 24 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 25 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!