We are a group of friends spending four days in Kerala this December, and due to short time, wondering if it's possible to start at backwaters in Kochi/Alappuzha and ride overnight in a houseboat down to Varkala for a couple days on the beach.
Has anyone done/heard of doing this, and/or can recommend a good houseboat operator to ask? There are so many houseboat sites that look touristy, prefer a referral.
Kerala: anyone traveled by houseboat from Kochi to Varkala?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan in December
- 2 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 3 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 4 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 5 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 6 Destination Bangkok, again
- 7 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 8 India Add-on
- 9 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 10 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 11 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 12 Travel during China national week?
- 13 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 14 Phuket
- 15 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 16 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 17 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 18 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 19 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 20 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 21 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 22 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 23 India, What Can I Say!
- 24 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 25 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015