We are a group of friends spending four days in Kerala this December, and due to short time, wondering if it's possible to start at backwaters in Kochi/Alappuzha and ride overnight in a houseboat down to Varkala for a couple days on the beach.
Has anyone done/heard of doing this, and/or can recommend a good houseboat operator to ask? There are so many houseboat sites that look touristy, prefer a referral.
Kerala: anyone traveled by houseboat from Kochi to Varkala?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 2 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 3 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 4 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 5 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 6 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 7 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 8 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 9 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 10 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 11 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 12 Anything in Hanoi apart from the Old Quarter
- 13 hokkaido outskirts
- 14 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 15 HKIA taxi with 3 people plus luggage?
- 16 July itinerary in Japan
- 17 India and Nepal 2014
- 18 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 19 Phones, staying in touch and SIM cards in India
- 20 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 21 How early do you get to get to the airport in Thailand?
- 22 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 23 Hong Kong and ? for 8 days in April
- 24 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 25 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?