We are a group of friends spending four days in Kerala this December, and due to short time, wondering if it's possible to start at backwaters in Kochi/Alappuzha and ride overnight in a houseboat down to Varkala for a couple days on the beach.
Has anyone done/heard of doing this, and/or can recommend a good houseboat operator to ask? There are so many houseboat sites that look touristy, prefer a referral.
Kerala: anyone traveled by houseboat from Kochi to Varkala?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Is 7 days too long in Hong Kong
- 2 Three Weeks in Thailand
- 3 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 4 5 and a half full days in Tokyo. Should I consider visiting Kyoto?
- 5 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 6 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 7 Writers Needed for Japan
- 8 Beijing Yashou Market Closure
- 9 Favorite guide books for Japan and other advice for planning?
- 10 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 11 17 Day Itinerary
- 12 11 hour NRT Tokyo Layover…Asakusa or Narita Town?
- 13 Bali Help
- 14 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 15 Chiang Mai to the Beach
- 16 6 days in HK with husband and 6 yr old son-would love recs
- 17 Help with Burma Itinerary
- 18 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 19 Hong Kong....How hideous is the flight????
- 20 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 21 National Parks - which to choose
- 22 Smoke-Free Restaurants in Kanazawa
- 23 27 days in Indonesia - itinerary help!
- 24 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 25 Vietnam Family Travel Plans