We are a group of friends spending four days in Kerala this December, and due to short time, wondering if it's possible to start at backwaters in Kochi/Alappuzha and ride overnight in a houseboat down to Varkala for a couple days on the beach.
Has anyone done/heard of doing this, and/or can recommend a good houseboat operator to ask? There are so many houseboat sites that look touristy, prefer a referral.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok
- 2 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 3 5 weeks in Japan
- 4 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 5 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 6 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 7 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 8 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 9 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 10 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 11 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 13 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 14 Lodge in Borneo
- 15 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 16 China and Japan help
- 17 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 18 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 19 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 20 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 21 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 22 Requesting Passport Number
- 23 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 24 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 25 Phu Quoc
Kerala: anyone traveled by houseboat from Kochi to Varkala?