We are a group of friends spending four days in Kerala this December, and due to short time, wondering if it's possible to start at backwaters in Kochi/Alappuzha and ride overnight in a houseboat down to Varkala for a couple days on the beach.
Has anyone done/heard of doing this, and/or can recommend a good houseboat operator to ask? There are so many houseboat sites that look touristy, prefer a referral.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 For: Crellston
- 2 Visiting Kyoto for the color - and there was no color
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 My visit to Thailand
- 5 Snapshots From Kerala
- 6 India Trip Report
- 7 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 8 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 9 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 10 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 11 My visit to Cambodia
- 12 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 13 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 14 New Member
- 15 Bangkok in April?!?
- 16 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 17 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 18 Khoa Sok National Park in April?
- 19 Is the Songkran Festival worth it?
- 20 Ko Phi Phi or a different island in April?
- 21 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 22 My visit to Vietnam
- 23 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 25 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
Kerala: anyone traveled by houseboat from Kochi to Varkala?