We are planning to spend three nights in Kathmandu on the way to Bhutan. (First trip to Nepal for us.) Have discovered that the main celebrations of Dasain will be on the days we're there. We arrive on Fulpati and leave three days later on Ekadashi (according to Nepal websites). Anyone know if we'll have problems finding taxis during this time? We plan to stay at the Yak and Yeti so may be able to walk most places in Kathmandu, but would like to see a bit more of the Kathmandu Valley.
Kathmandu during Dasain?
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 2 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 3 South East Asia
- 4 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 5 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 6 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 7 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 8 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 9 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 10 1 week Philippines
- 11 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 12 Japan: best time to go?
- 13 Magical India
- 14 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 15 Travel Insurance
- 16 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 17 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 18 SALAY from BAGAN
- 19 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 20 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 21 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 22 cell phone in india
- 23 Night cruise to Kyushu from Kansai (Osaka and Kobe)
- 24 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 25 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May