I'm looking to find more info about Dunai and Juphal.
First of all does someone know if it is possible to hire a local porter there to carry my stuff up and down to Poksumdo Lake and then Do Tarap (=without having to cross the +5000 meter pass in between them, I'd rather backtrack). I usually prefer a local porter, knowledge of english is not strictly necessary, before I always got around using a mix of pijin english, very basic hindi and a phrasebook. Neither a I interested in carrying tent, stove and kilo's of food, instead I prefer to sleep and eat in local basic teahouses/homestays.
Second is it absolutely necessary to hire a guide for just the 3-4 day walk up to the lake? I 'm not going to upper Dolpo.
And does Dunai have a reliable ATM machine in case I need more rupees than planned?
Information on this area is quite scarce and any info, tips and recommendations are highly apreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India visa for new passport
- 2 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 3 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 4 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 5 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 6 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 7 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 8 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 9 Traffic and Police in India
- 10 Serendipity Srilanka
- 11 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 12 New Thai Visa
- 13 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 14 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 15 New Years in Japan
- 16 Sri Lanka in December
- 17 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 18 january 31 in colombo
- 19 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 20 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 21 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 22 3 weeks in Japan
- 23 A first time for everything in Japan
- 24 India Tour Companies
- 25 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.