I'm looking to find more info about Dunai and Juphal.
First of all does someone know if it is possible to hire a local porter there to carry my stuff up and down to Poksumdo Lake and then Do Tarap (=without having to cross the +5000 meter pass in between them, I'd rather backtrack). I usually prefer a local porter, knowledge of english is not strictly necessary, before I always got around using a mix of pijin english, very basic hindi and a phrasebook. Neither a I interested in carrying tent, stove and kilo's of food, instead I prefer to sleep and eat in local basic teahouses/homestays.
Second is it absolutely necessary to hire a guide for just the 3-4 day walk up to the lake? I 'm not going to upper Dolpo.
And does Dunai have a reliable ATM machine in case I need more rupees than planned?
Information on this area is quite scarce and any info, tips and recommendations are highly apreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 More detail====>>>>>>>http://www.cluesforhealth.com/biogenxt/
- 2 Get the products and services directly from the godown
- 3 Laos or Kerala?
- 4 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 5 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 6 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 7 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 8 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 9 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 10 Bali & Singapore in October
- 11 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 12 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 13 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 14 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 15 Booking on the fly
- 16 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 17 Tea estates of Munnar
- 18 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 19 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 20 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 21 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 22 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 23 like my food
- 24 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 25 Portable wifi rental