I'm looking to find more info about Dunai and Juphal.
First of all does someone know if it is possible to hire a local porter there to carry my stuff up and down to Poksumdo Lake and then Do Tarap (=without having to cross the +5000 meter pass in between them, I'd rather backtrack). I usually prefer a local porter, knowledge of english is not strictly necessary, before I always got around using a mix of pijin english, very basic hindi and a phrasebook. Neither a I interested in carrying tent, stove and kilo's of food, instead I prefer to sleep and eat in local basic teahouses/homestays.
Second is it absolutely necessary to hire a guide for just the 3-4 day walk up to the lake? I 'm not going to upper Dolpo.
And does Dunai have a reliable ATM machine in case I need more rupees than planned?
Information on this area is quite scarce and any info, tips and recommendations are highly apreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 2 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 3 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 4 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 5 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 6 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 7 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 8 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 9 Japan GTG, early April
- 10 Beijing tours
- 11 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 12 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 15 Takayama trail, Japan
- 16 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 17 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 18 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 19 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 20 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 21 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 22 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 23 Visa for India
- 24 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 25 Hútòng Walking