I'm looking to find more info about Dunai and Juphal.
First of all does someone know if it is possible to hire a local porter there to carry my stuff up and down to Poksumdo Lake and then Do Tarap (=without having to cross the +5000 meter pass in between them, I'd rather backtrack). I usually prefer a local porter, knowledge of english is not strictly necessary, before I always got around using a mix of pijin english, very basic hindi and a phrasebook. Neither a I interested in carrying tent, stove and kilo's of food, instead I prefer to sleep and eat in local basic teahouses/homestays.
Second is it absolutely necessary to hire a guide for just the 3-4 day walk up to the lake? I 'm not going to upper Dolpo.
And does Dunai have a reliable ATM machine in case I need more rupees than planned?
Information on this area is quite scarce and any info, tips and recommendations are highly apreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 DELL @password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 3 Recommend the best way to get to Hoi An from Hue
- 4 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 5 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 6 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 7 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 8 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 9 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 10 Something about... Malaysia
- 11 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 12 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 13 Budget Servied Apt
- 14 Terracotta Warriors
- 15 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 16 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 17 hiking japan sept
- 18 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 19 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 20 The best way to My Son
- 21 Japan Itinerary!
- 22 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 23 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 24 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 25 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report