I'm looking to find more info about Dunai and Juphal.
First of all does someone know if it is possible to hire a local porter there to carry my stuff up and down to Poksumdo Lake and then Do Tarap (=without having to cross the +5000 meter pass in between them, I'd rather backtrack). I usually prefer a local porter, knowledge of english is not strictly necessary, before I always got around using a mix of pijin english, very basic hindi and a phrasebook. Neither a I interested in carrying tent, stove and kilo's of food, instead I prefer to sleep and eat in local basic teahouses/homestays.
Second is it absolutely necessary to hire a guide for just the 3-4 day walk up to the lake? I 'm not going to upper Dolpo.
And does Dunai have a reliable ATM machine in case I need more rupees than planned?
Information on this area is quite scarce and any info, tips and recommendations are highly apreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Silk weaving community in Bangkok
- 2 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 3 Awesome trip to Yellow Mountains and Hangzhou in China!
- 4 Moderate hotel in Phuket
- 5 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 6 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing
- 7 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 8 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 9 Impressions of India
- 10 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 11 Tokyo hotel help
- 12 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 13 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 14 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 15 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 16 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 17 How much Yen?
- 18 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 19 South Korea for Chuseok
- 20 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 21 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 22 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 23 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 24 Bali - What to do?
- 25 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help