I am in my final stage of planning our Japan Itinerary and just cant figure out if I should get the JR pass or not. I have worked it out and the pass costs $330 Canadian locally and I would need to get it tomorrow (kind of a pain have to go downtown to get it) from what I can tell the trips, if I pay as I go, costs 28 584 Yen or $330 Canadian so its a wash... I may be wrong on this but when I plug it all in to HyperDia, this is what I get...... (Planning a trip to Japan takes a lot of prep as you all know)
Here is my itinerary;
March 27 Arrive Tokyo- Take Limousine Bus to Hotel
March 31 - ACTIVATE 7 DAY JR PASS- Maybe use in Tokyo before leaving for Hakone
April 02 Depart Shinjuku Station for Odawara (to get to Hakone)
April 03 Odawara - Kyoto
April 06 Kyoto - Haneida Airport Total Pay as I go - YEN 28 584
Am I right on this? Does anyone know something I don't? At this point I think I may get the pass just in case I want to take an extra trip, that said, I feel that it is unlikely I will use it beyond the trip Shinjuku-Odawara-Kyoto-Haneida.because I already have a pretty full itinerary.
If anyone can confirm my price that would be so helpful! I just feel like I need some confirmation that I am on the right track here.
Thanks so much Vixer
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 2 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 3 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 4 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 5 From Bali--Sumatra or Borneo?
- 6 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 7 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 8 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 9 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 10 Road Scholar tour in China
- 11 China in june-July
- 12 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 13 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 14 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 15 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 16 Bali - What to do?
- 17 China in July
- 18 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 19 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 20 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 21 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 22 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 23 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 24 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 25 Being customs