I am in my final stage of planning our Japan Itinerary and just cant figure out if I should get the JR pass or not. I have worked it out and the pass costs $330 Canadian locally and I would need to get it tomorrow (kind of a pain have to go downtown to get it) from what I can tell the trips, if I pay as I go, costs 28 584 Yen or $330 Canadian so its a wash... I may be wrong on this but when I plug it all in to HyperDia, this is what I get...... (Planning a trip to Japan takes a lot of prep as you all know)
Here is my itinerary;
March 27 Arrive Tokyo- Take Limousine Bus to Hotel
March 31 - ACTIVATE 7 DAY JR PASS- Maybe use in Tokyo before leaving for Hakone
April 02 Depart Shinjuku Station for Odawara (to get to Hakone)
April 03 Odawara - Kyoto
April 06 Kyoto - Haneida Airport Total Pay as I go - YEN 28 584
Am I right on this? Does anyone know something I don't? At this point I think I may get the pass just in case I want to take an extra trip, that said, I feel that it is unlikely I will use it beyond the trip Shinjuku-Odawara-Kyoto-Haneida.because I already have a pretty full itinerary.
If anyone can confirm my price that would be so helpful! I just feel like I need some confirmation that I am on the right track here.
Thanks so much Vixer
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kindly request/need 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itineary advice
- 2 Kindly requests/needs 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itinerary advice
- 3 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 4 Hotel Chang Mai
- 5 Hotel in Hanoi
- 6 India help needed
- 7 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 8 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 9 Beach hotel Thailand
- 10 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 11 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 12 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 13 Sim cards and adaptors
- 14 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 15 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 16 Sri Lanka Visa
- 17 Hoi Ann hotel
- 18 Place to stay Hue
- 19 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 20 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 21 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 22 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 23 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 24 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 25 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks