I will be traveling from Shinjuku to Kamamkura in the morning, and then in the late afternoon, from Kamakura to Kyoto. I will be using my JR Pass (green seats).
My Shinjuku to Kamamkura trip is as follows.
Shinjuku to Yokohama (on JR Shonan-Shinjuku Line Via Tokaido Line), and Yokohama to Kamakura (on JR Yokosuka Line). As per Hyperdia, both the lines have green seats so my questions are:
1. If I know the timing for my connection in Yokohama, can I make reservations for the green seats for both the lines at Shinjuku?
2. What happens if I miss my connection in Yokohama? Is there a penalty or can I make new green seat reservation at Yokohama to go from Yokohama to Kamakura?
3. Can I make green seat reservations in Shinjuku for my evening trip from Kamakura to Kyoto?
4. Are there Resevation Offices (Midori-no madoguchi) to make reservations at all stations or only big ones? Do they all understand and speak English?
5. My Kamakura to Kyoto trip is Kamakura->Yokohama (on JR Yokosuka Line), Yokohama->Shin-Yokohama (on JR Yokohama Line Rapid), Shin-Yokohama->Kyoto (on SHINKANSEN HIKARI 481). Only the first (JR Yokosuka Line) and the third (SHINKANSEN HIKARI 481) lines have green seats, but can I still make green seat reservations for SHINKANSEN HIKARI 481 at Kamakura?
6. For Yokohama->Shin-Yokohama (on JR Yokohama Line Rapid), since there are no green seats, do I just sit in any seat and show the JR Pass to the train conductor or do I need to get anything at the Resevation Office?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 2 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 3 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 4 November, March, June... Japan?
- 5 Itinerary Help Japan
- 6 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 7 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 8 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 9 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 10 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 11 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 12 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 13 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 14 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 15 Silk Road Tour - China
- 16 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 17 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 20 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 21 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 22 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 23 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 24 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 25 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set