I will be traveling from Shinjuku to Kamamkura in the morning, and then in the late afternoon, from Kamakura to Kyoto. I will be using my JR Pass (green seats).
My Shinjuku to Kamamkura trip is as follows.
Shinjuku to Yokohama (on JR Shonan-Shinjuku Line Via Tokaido Line), and Yokohama to Kamakura (on JR Yokosuka Line). As per Hyperdia, both the lines have green seats so my questions are:
1. If I know the timing for my connection in Yokohama, can I make reservations for the green seats for both the lines at Shinjuku?
2. What happens if I miss my connection in Yokohama? Is there a penalty or can I make new green seat reservation at Yokohama to go from Yokohama to Kamakura?
3. Can I make green seat reservations in Shinjuku for my evening trip from Kamakura to Kyoto?
4. Are there Resevation Offices (Midori-no madoguchi) to make reservations at all stations or only big ones? Do they all understand and speak English?
5. My Kamakura to Kyoto trip is Kamakura->Yokohama (on JR Yokosuka Line), Yokohama->Shin-Yokohama (on JR Yokohama Line Rapid), Shin-Yokohama->Kyoto (on SHINKANSEN HIKARI 481). Only the first (JR Yokosuka Line) and the third (SHINKANSEN HIKARI 481) lines have green seats, but can I still make green seat reservations for SHINKANSEN HIKARI 481 at Kamakura?
6. For Yokohama->Shin-Yokohama (on JR Yokohama Line Rapid), since there are no green seats, do I just sit in any seat and show the JR Pass to the train conductor or do I need to get anything at the Resevation Office?
JR Pass green seat reservations at first station?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 2 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 3 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 4 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 5 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 6 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 7 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 8 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 9 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 10 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 11 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 12 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 13 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 14 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 15 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 16 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 17 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 18 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 19 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 20 Kashmir today
- 21 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 22 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 23 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 24 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 25 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong