I will be traveling from Shinjuku to Kamamkura in the morning, and then in the late afternoon, from Kamakura to Kyoto. I will be using my JR Pass (green seats).
My Shinjuku to Kamamkura trip is as follows.
Shinjuku to Yokohama (on JR Shonan-Shinjuku Line Via Tokaido Line), and Yokohama to Kamakura (on JR Yokosuka Line). As per Hyperdia, both the lines have green seats so my questions are:
1. If I know the timing for my connection in Yokohama, can I make reservations for the green seats for both the lines at Shinjuku?
2. What happens if I miss my connection in Yokohama? Is there a penalty or can I make new green seat reservation at Yokohama to go from Yokohama to Kamakura?
3. Can I make green seat reservations in Shinjuku for my evening trip from Kamakura to Kyoto?
4. Are there Resevation Offices (Midori-no madoguchi) to make reservations at all stations or only big ones? Do they all understand and speak English?
5. My Kamakura to Kyoto trip is Kamakura->Yokohama (on JR Yokosuka Line), Yokohama->Shin-Yokohama (on JR Yokohama Line Rapid), Shin-Yokohama->Kyoto (on SHINKANSEN HIKARI 481). Only the first (JR Yokosuka Line) and the third (SHINKANSEN HIKARI 481) lines have green seats, but can I still make green seat reservations for SHINKANSEN HIKARI 481 at Kamakura?
6. For Yokohama->Shin-Yokohama (on JR Yokohama Line Rapid), since there are no green seats, do I just sit in any seat and show the JR Pass to the train conductor or do I need to get anything at the Resevation Office?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://alphajackedhelp.com/max-rise-xs/
- 2 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 3 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 4 Best (and safest) Place to see the Himalayas
- 5 Mumbai short visit
- 6 K2 Base Camp Trek; Wondrous Experience!
- 7 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 8 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 9 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 10 Thailand Guides
- 11 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 12 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 13 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 14 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 15 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 16 Phuket Beaches
- 17 India itinerary critique please
- 18 Japan Itinerary!
- 19 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 20 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 21 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 22 Magical India
- 23 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 24 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 25 Vientiane and ??