I will be traveling from Shinjuku to Kamamkura in the morning, and then in the late afternoon, from Kamakura to Kyoto. I will be using my JR Pass (green seats).
My Shinjuku to Kamamkura trip is as follows.
Shinjuku to Yokohama (on JR Shonan-Shinjuku Line Via Tokaido Line), and Yokohama to Kamakura (on JR Yokosuka Line). As per Hyperdia, both the lines have green seats so my questions are:
1. If I know the timing for my connection in Yokohama, can I make reservations for the green seats for both the lines at Shinjuku?
2. What happens if I miss my connection in Yokohama? Is there a penalty or can I make new green seat reservation at Yokohama to go from Yokohama to Kamakura?
3. Can I make green seat reservations in Shinjuku for my evening trip from Kamakura to Kyoto?
4. Are there Resevation Offices (Midori-no madoguchi) to make reservations at all stations or only big ones? Do they all understand and speak English?
5. My Kamakura to Kyoto trip is Kamakura->Yokohama (on JR Yokosuka Line), Yokohama->Shin-Yokohama (on JR Yokohama Line Rapid), Shin-Yokohama->Kyoto (on SHINKANSEN HIKARI 481). Only the first (JR Yokosuka Line) and the third (SHINKANSEN HIKARI 481) lines have green seats, but can I still make green seat reservations for SHINKANSEN HIKARI 481 at Kamakura?
6. For Yokohama->Shin-Yokohama (on JR Yokohama Line Rapid), since there are no green seats, do I just sit in any seat and show the JR Pass to the train conductor or do I need to get anything at the Resevation Office?
JR Pass green seat reservations at first station?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 2 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 3 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 4 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 5 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 6 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 7 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 8 1st time Japan - solo female
- 9 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 10 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 11 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 12 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 13 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 14 Odyssey unlimited
- 15 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 16 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 17 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 18 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 19 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 20 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 21 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 22 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 23 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 24 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 25 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?