Hi Japan experts,
I made last minute plans to Japan for the cherry blossom season in early April and would be based out of Osaka due to limited hotels in the high season.
I would be making trips to: Nara, Kyoto (maybe multiple day trips), Kinosaki Onsen (overnight) and Yoshino mountain.
Frankly, I'm quite confused with all the different rail lines (JR, limited express, rapid express). My question is, given my day-tripping itinerary, would the JR Kansai Wide Area Pass be a good buy? http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_08.html
With the pass, does this mean I could just walk onto the trains that I want without prior reservations?
Could anyone point me to an English site that I could check JR train schedules for my itinerary?
Thank you, I appreciate any input you could give me.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 2 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 3 Other than Kyoto?
- 4 Beijing tours
- 5 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 6 Trip Report : China
- 7 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 8 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 9 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 10 A great trip in India
- 11 Japan GTG, early April
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 14 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 15 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 16 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 17 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 18 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 19 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 20 Takayama trail, Japan
- 21 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 22 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 23 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 24 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 25 On the road again - to Incredible India.
Hi Japan experts,