Hi Japan experts,
I made last minute plans to Japan for the cherry blossom season in early April and would be based out of Osaka due to limited hotels in the high season.
I would be making trips to: Nara, Kyoto (maybe multiple day trips), Kinosaki Onsen (overnight) and Yoshino mountain.
Frankly, I'm quite confused with all the different rail lines (JR, limited express, rapid express). My question is, given my day-tripping itinerary, would the JR Kansai Wide Area Pass be a good buy? http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_08.html
With the pass, does this mean I could just walk onto the trains that I want without prior reservations?
Could anyone point me to an English site that I could check JR train schedules for my itinerary?
Thank you, I appreciate any input you could give me.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 2 Advice Request: Japan Rail Pass for Two Weeks
- 3 Thai Elephants
- 4 Top 5 weekend gateways with Family from Delhi
- 5 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 6 3 days with snow monkey visit.
- 7 Mumbai short visit
- 8 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 9 Phuket Beaches
- 10 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 11 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 12 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 13 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 14 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 15 Japan Itinerary!
- 16 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 17 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 18 Thailand Guides
- 19 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 20 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 21 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 22 India itinerary critique please
- 23 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 24 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 25 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
Hi Japan experts,