Hi Japan experts,
I made last minute plans to Japan for the cherry blossom season in early April and would be based out of Osaka due to limited hotels in the high season.
I would be making trips to: Nara, Kyoto (maybe multiple day trips), Kinosaki Onsen (overnight) and Yoshino mountain.
Frankly, I'm quite confused with all the different rail lines (JR, limited express, rapid express). My question is, given my day-tripping itinerary, would the JR Kansai Wide Area Pass be a good buy? http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_08.html
With the pass, does this mean I could just walk onto the trains that I want without prior reservations?
Could anyone point me to an English site that I could check JR train schedules for my itinerary?
Thank you, I appreciate any input you could give me.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Road Scholar tour in China
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 China in june-July
- 4 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 5 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 6 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 7 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 8 Bali - What to do?
- 9 China in July
- 10 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 11 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 12 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 13 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 14 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 15 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 16 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 17 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 18 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 19 Being customs
- 20 Itinerary feedback please
- 21 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 22 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 23 Tips in Myanmar
- 24 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 25 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
Hi Japan experts,