Hi Japan experts,
I made last minute plans to Japan for the cherry blossom season in early April and would be based out of Osaka due to limited hotels in the high season.
I would be making trips to: Nara, Kyoto (maybe multiple day trips), Kinosaki Onsen (overnight) and Yoshino mountain.
Frankly, I'm quite confused with all the different rail lines (JR, limited express, rapid express). My question is, given my day-tripping itinerary, would the JR Kansai Wide Area Pass be a good buy? http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_08.html
With the pass, does this mean I could just walk onto the trains that I want without prior reservations?
Could anyone point me to an English site that I could check JR train schedules for my itinerary?
Thank you, I appreciate any input you could give me.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://alphajackedhelp.com/testo-pure-prime/
- 2 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 3 November, March, June... Japan?
- 4 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 5 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 6 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 7 Silk Road Tour - China
- 8 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 9 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 10 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 11 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 12 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 13 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 14 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 15 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 16 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 17 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 18 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 19 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 20 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 21 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 22 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 23 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 24 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 25 Kuala Lumpur itinerary
Hi Japan experts,