Just found this excellent site with Japanese phrases for travelers with audio files to listen to the pronunciation. It's very extensive to cover many different situations that travelers may need. I'm just copying down some useful phrases to use in restaurants, like "What do you recommend?" , "What is your specialty?", etc.
Wish there's a free Android app like this too (without requiring internet connection)! Anyone know of one?
Japanese Phrases for Travelers -- Excellent Site!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 2 1st time Japan - solo female
- 3 Financial Blog Corliss Online Group: Two Systems, One Country
- 4 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 5 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 6 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 7 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 8 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 9 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 10 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 11 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 12 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 13 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 14 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 15 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 16 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 17 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 18 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 19 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 20 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 21 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 22 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 23 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 24 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 25 Japan Itinerary for May