Just found this excellent site with Japanese phrases for travelers with audio files to listen to the pronunciation. It's very extensive to cover many different situations that travelers may need. I'm just copying down some useful phrases to use in restaurants, like "What do you recommend?" , "What is your specialty?", etc.
Wish there's a free Android app like this too (without requiring internet connection)! Anyone know of one?
Japanese Phrases for Travelers -- Excellent Site!
- 1 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 2 Interesting WSJ Article re: Japanese Aversions to Perfumes
- 3 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 4 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 5 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 6 Feng Pao Fireworks Festival in Yanshui, Tainan?
- 7 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 8 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 9 independent travel in India
- 10 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 11 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 12 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 13 Magical India
- 14 geisha performance
- 15 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 16 Trip report China
- 17 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 18 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 19 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 20 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 21 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 22 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 23 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 24 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 25 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!