Just found this excellent site with Japanese phrases for travelers with audio files to listen to the pronunciation. It's very extensive to cover many different situations that travelers may need. I'm just copying down some useful phrases to use in restaurants, like "What do you recommend?" , "What is your specialty?", etc.
Wish there's a free Android app like this too (without requiring internet connection)! Anyone know of one?
Japanese Phrases for Travelers -- Excellent Site!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Buying loose sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 2 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 3 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 4 Hanoi driver wanted
- 5 Your favorites in south India & places you'd probably not recommend
- 6 vietnam and laos
- 7 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 8 2nd location on the beach
- 9 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 10 Safe to buy Sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 11 Thailand - Food recos
- 12 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 13 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 14 Laos for the backpacker
- 15 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 16 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 17 Amazing Samurai Armor Exhibition
- 18 Thailand Hotel
- 19 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 20 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 21 Honeymoon in Thailand
- 22 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 23 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 24 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 25 Elephants in Northern Thailand