Just wondering whether it's worth getting the Japanese Encephalitis vaccine for 3 and a half weeks in Malaysia? I'll be staying in KL, Penang and Langkawi for about 3 nights in each place, and then will be spending 11 days in Borneo (Sandakan area) on a volunteering project (not working in rice fields or near pig stys).
I'm reluctant to get it due to the cost and will be slathering myself in 97% deet anyway...but obviously if it's a must I will bite the bullet and do it.
Any assistance would be appreciated - I will be speaking with a travel doctor as well but I'd like a couple of opinions...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 US: YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 2 weeks in Tokyo - Itinerary review please?
- 3 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 4 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 5 Christmas in the Alps
- 6 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 7 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 8 sri lanka- tips required
- 9 base bangkok or manilla
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 12 Idiotic time zone question
- 13 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 14 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 15 Mount Koya
- 16 Sometahing is wrong
- 17 Twin rooms in Japan
- 18 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 19 Change my Itinerary?
- 20 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 21 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 22 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 23 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 24 Impressions of India
- 25 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer