Just wondering whether it's worth getting the Japanese Encephalitis vaccine for 3 and a half weeks in Malaysia? I'll be staying in KL, Penang and Langkawi for about 3 nights in each place, and then will be spending 11 days in Borneo (Sandakan area) on a volunteering project (not working in rice fields or near pig stys).
I'm reluctant to get it due to the cost and will be slathering myself in 97% deet anyway...but obviously if it's a must I will bite the bullet and do it.
Any assistance would be appreciated - I will be speaking with a travel doctor as well but I'd like a couple of opinions...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 2 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 3 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 4 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 5 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 6 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 7 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 8 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 9 Road Scholar tour in China
- 10 Bali - What to do?
- 11 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 12 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 13 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 14 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 15 Being customs
- 16 Itinerary feedback please
- 17 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 18 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 19 Tips in Myanmar
- 20 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 21 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 22 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 23 myanmar
- 24 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 25 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!