Just wondering whether it's worth getting the Japanese Encephalitis vaccine for 3 and a half weeks in Malaysia? I'll be staying in KL, Penang and Langkawi for about 3 nights in each place, and then will be spending 11 days in Borneo (Sandakan area) on a volunteering project (not working in rice fields or near pig stys).
I'm reluctant to get it due to the cost and will be slathering myself in 97% deet anyway...but obviously if it's a must I will bite the bullet and do it.
Any assistance would be appreciated - I will be speaking with a travel doctor as well but I'd like a couple of opinions...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 2 Family Friendly Penang
- 3 Honeymoon - Malaysia and Bali
- 4 Train trip costs help please
- 5 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 6 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 7 Weather forecast
- 8 Vietnam visa
- 9 Bali - What to do?
- 10 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 11 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 12 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 13 Sri Lanka advice
- 14 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 15 Ryokan in Japan
- 16 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 17 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 18 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 19 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 20 Itinerary & airport help
- 21 Dinner spots for solo traveller
- 22 [Travel to ThaiLand]
- 23 Snapshots From Kerala
- 24 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 25 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company