After reading material on trains in Japan, I have come to the following understanding of what we would need for our travel. Several questions too.
1. Japan Rail Pass - need to buy it outside Japan. Can this be used in Tokyo subways?
2. In addition to this, we may need a Suica while we are in Tokyo and this can be obtained in Tokyo?
3. We will need a Hakone Free Pass for the daytrip to Hakone - can be purchased in Tokyo?
4. Some regional pass while in the Kyoto, Koya san - can be purchased in Kyoto?
How can we go about reserving seats once we have the passes? We will be there during cherryblossom season and hence I expect it to be peak travel time, so having reserved seats would be critical for our travels.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 days with snow monkey visit.
- 2 Mumbai short visit
- 3 Advice Request: Japan Rail Pass for Two Weeks
- 4 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 5 Phuket Beaches
- 6 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 7 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 8 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 9 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 10 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 11 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 12 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 13 Japan Itinerary!
- 14 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 15 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 16 Thailand Guides
- 17 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 18 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 19 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 20 India itinerary critique please
- 21 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 22 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 23 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 24 Magical India
- 25 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel