After reading material on trains in Japan, I have come to the following understanding of what we would need for our travel. Several questions too.
1. Japan Rail Pass - need to buy it outside Japan. Can this be used in Tokyo subways?
2. In addition to this, we may need a Suica while we are in Tokyo and this can be obtained in Tokyo?
3. We will need a Hakone Free Pass for the daytrip to Hakone - can be purchased in Tokyo?
4. Some regional pass while in the Kyoto, Koya san - can be purchased in Kyoto?
How can we go about reserving seats once we have the passes? We will be there during cherryblossom season and hence I expect it to be peak travel time, so having reserved seats would be critical for our travels.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 base in Osaka or Kyoto question
- 2 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 3 Phillipines - Tour Companies
- 4 Phuket
- 5 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 6 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 7 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 8 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 9 Honeymoon in Thailan
- 10 Tokyo & Kyoto
- 11 Planning first India trip: Advice needed!!
- 12 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 13 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 14 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 15 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 16 Beautiful location for painting
- 17 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 18 Train Travel in Thailand
- 19 Tips for Myanmar in October
- 20 NOT the Same Visa on Arrival Question... Sorta
- 21 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 22 New luxury hotel in Singapore
- 23 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 24 Hotels in Krabi area
- 25 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan