After reading material on trains in Japan, I have come to the following understanding of what we would need for our travel. Several questions too.
1. Japan Rail Pass - need to buy it outside Japan. Can this be used in Tokyo subways?
2. In addition to this, we may need a Suica while we are in Tokyo and this can be obtained in Tokyo?
3. We will need a Hakone Free Pass for the daytrip to Hakone - can be purchased in Tokyo?
4. Some regional pass while in the Kyoto, Koya san - can be purchased in Kyoto?
How can we go about reserving seats once we have the passes? We will be there during cherryblossom season and hence I expect it to be peak travel time, so having reserved seats would be critical for our travels.
Japan train tickets and reservations - need help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand - Food recos
- 2 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 3 2nd location on the beach
- 4 Laos for the backpacker
- 5 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 6 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 7 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 8 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 9 Amazing Samurai Armor Exhibition
- 10 Buying loose sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 11 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 12 Thailand Hotel
- 13 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 14 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 15 Honeymoon in Thailand
- 16 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 17 vietnam and laos
- 18 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 19 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 20 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 21 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 22 5 nights in Japan.
- 23 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 24 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 25 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?