After reading material on trains in Japan, I have come to the following understanding of what we would need for our travel. Several questions too.
1. Japan Rail Pass - need to buy it outside Japan. Can this be used in Tokyo subways?
2. In addition to this, we may need a Suica while we are in Tokyo and this can be obtained in Tokyo?
3. We will need a Hakone Free Pass for the daytrip to Hakone - can be purchased in Tokyo?
4. Some regional pass while in the Kyoto, Koya san - can be purchased in Kyoto?
How can we go about reserving seats once we have the passes? We will be there during cherryblossom season and hence I expect it to be peak travel time, so having reserved seats would be critical for our travels.
Japan train tickets and reservations - need help
- 1 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 2 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 3 South East Asia
- 4 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 5 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 6 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 7 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 8 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 9 Anyone in Bangkok
- 10 Travel Insurance
- 11 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 12 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 13 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 14 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 15 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 16 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 17 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 18 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 19 1 week Philippines
- 20 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 21 Japan: best time to go?
- 22 Magical India
- 23 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 24 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 25 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!