After reading material on trains in Japan, I have come to the following understanding of what we would need for our travel. Several questions too.
1. Japan Rail Pass - need to buy it outside Japan. Can this be used in Tokyo subways?
2. In addition to this, we may need a Suica while we are in Tokyo and this can be obtained in Tokyo?
3. We will need a Hakone Free Pass for the daytrip to Hakone - can be purchased in Tokyo?
4. Some regional pass while in the Kyoto, Koya san - can be purchased in Kyoto?
How can we go about reserving seats once we have the passes? We will be there during cherryblossom season and hence I expect it to be peak travel time, so having reserved seats would be critical for our travels.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Splendid Day Hikes Around Kathmandu.
- 2 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 3 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 4 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 5 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 6 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 7 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 8 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 9 India Safari 2017
- 10 Japan- National Holiday
- 11 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 12 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 13 India in March and April??
- 14 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 15 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 16 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 17 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 18 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 19 Rishikesh, India
- 20 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 21 Tokyo Shopping: Sports Team Tees
- 22 Passport
- 23 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 24 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 25 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan