After reading material on trains in Japan, I have come to the following understanding of what we would need for our travel. Several questions too.
1. Japan Rail Pass - need to buy it outside Japan. Can this be used in Tokyo subways?
2. In addition to this, we may need a Suica while we are in Tokyo and this can be obtained in Tokyo?
3. We will need a Hakone Free Pass for the daytrip to Hakone - can be purchased in Tokyo?
4. Some regional pass while in the Kyoto, Koya san - can be purchased in Kyoto?
How can we go about reserving seats once we have the passes? We will be there during cherryblossom season and hence I expect it to be peak travel time, so having reserved seats would be critical for our travels.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hanoi - silver jewellery
- 2 Buying jewelry in India
- 3 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 4 Blooming chart in Japan
- 5 2 weeks in Java
- 6 http://www.fitwaypoint.com/maxtropin/
- 7 http://www.trysupercbdreview.com/maxtropin/
- 8 http://crazybulkshop.com/
- 9 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 10 Interesting destinations for 6 weeks in Jan., Feb., or March
- 11 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 12 Where to Layover
- 13 9 days in Bali
- 14 4.5 days in Singapore
- 15 Layover in Hong Kong
- 16 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 17 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 18 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 19 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 20 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 21 Italy from an Asian base
- 22 Bus service in Nepal
- 23 Travel to India in May?
- 24 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 25 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?