My wife and I are about to travel to Japan from California and really would like to have access to a phone that can send texts and have data to use Google Maps. We've looked a bit into an AT&T international plan, but it seems very expensive for not too much data (not enough to actually use Google Maps as much as we expect to).
I've heard that unlocking our iPhone and using a Japan SIM is a decent option. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to do this and where to buy a SIM? We will arrive at Narita and I hear that buying a card there is possible, but there are many options there at varying prices.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Looking for access code to travel
- 2 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 3 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 4 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 5 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 6 Sim cards and adaptors
- 7 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 8 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 9 Hotel in Hanoi
- 10 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 11 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 12 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 13 India help needed
- 14 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 15 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 16 Trekking outside Sapa
- 17 Place to stay Hue
- 18 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 19 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 20 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 21 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 22 Go to Pai or not?
- 23 Ko Kraden hotels
- 24 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 25 Hoi Ann hotel