My wife and I are about to travel to Japan from California and really would like to have access to a phone that can send texts and have data to use Google Maps. We've looked a bit into an AT&T international plan, but it seems very expensive for not too much data (not enough to actually use Google Maps as much as we expect to).
I've heard that unlocking our iPhone and using a Japan SIM is a decent option. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to do this and where to buy a SIM? We will arrive at Narita and I hear that buying a card there is possible, but there are many options there at varying prices.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 "necessities" for India
- 2 Mandalay questions
- 3 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 4 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 5 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 6 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 7 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 8 50th Anniversary trip
- 9 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 10 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 11 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 12 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 13 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 14 Help - India take 2
- 15 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 16 CNX late arrival?
- 17 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 18 best singapore hotel
- 19 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 20 is this a good travel plan?
- 21 currency conversion
- 22 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 23 The truth about elephant tourism
- 24 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 25 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?