My wife and I are about to travel to Japan from California and really would like to have access to a phone that can send texts and have data to use Google Maps. We've looked a bit into an AT&T international plan, but it seems very expensive for not too much data (not enough to actually use Google Maps as much as we expect to).
I've heard that unlocking our iPhone and using a Japan SIM is a decent option. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to do this and where to buy a SIM? We will arrive at Narita and I hear that buying a card there is possible, but there are many options there at varying prices.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 2 Japan Cherry Blossom time 2018
- 3 Japan rough itinerary
- 4 Silk Road Tour - China
- 5 Vietnam visa debate
- 6 Transfers and hotel Hong Kong
- 7 Vietnam visa
- 8 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 9 Bye bye SE Asia
- 10 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 11 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 12 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 13 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 14 India Tour Companies
- 15 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 16 Laos planning.
- 17 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 18 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 19 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 20 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 21 One night in Osaka
- 22 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 23 Japan - costs
- 24 Japan for Foodies
- 25 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand