My wife and I are about to travel to Japan from California and really would like to have access to a phone that can send texts and have data to use Google Maps. We've looked a bit into an AT&T international plan, but it seems very expensive for not too much data (not enough to actually use Google Maps as much as we expect to).
I've heard that unlocking our iPhone and using a Japan SIM is a decent option. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to do this and where to buy a SIM? We will arrive at Narita and I hear that buying a card there is possible, but there are many options there at varying prices.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Georgia (country) Trip Report
- 2 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 3 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 4 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 5 What island to visit while visiting HongKong
- 6 Advice on hotels in Shinjuku
- 7 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 8 New Years in Japan
- 9 A Victory Day Tour
- 10 Traffic and Police in India
- 11 India visa for new passport
- 12 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 13 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 14 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 15 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 16 Serendipity Srilanka
- 17 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 18 New Thai Visa
- 19 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 20 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 21 Sri Lanka in December
- 22 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 23 january 31 in colombo
- 24 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 25 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang