I'm hoping that someone will be able to give feedback and answer itinerary questions for my upcoming trip to Japan 24 January-5 February.
Although travelling alone I have a few contacts in Tokyo to go to eat with and I'm lucky enough to have booked my flights during Japan Restaurant Week (top restaurants with affordable lunch and dinner menus). I will be eating all sorts of Japanese cuisine during the trip but I am mainly interested in trying high class sushi restaurants with the promotion. So my first question is, has anyone tried the following in Tokyo:
Also I have been searching for a day sushi class in tokyo for under 10,000 JPY. So far I've only seen Sakura Sushi school offering classes in simple English. The Tsukiji market walk and sushi making tour looks a little overpriced and mainstream. Has anyone any alternatives to these in Tokyo?
Now, here's my proposed itinerary:
-3 nights in Tokyo.
(Start 7 day JR pass)
-1 night Osaka
-1 day/night Kinosaki. My favourite Ryokan is Onishiya Suisyouen. Has anyone been and in Kinosaki If I get room only, where can I eat the winter crab?
-4 nights in Kyoto. I'm booked for a private sushi cooking class with Kyotouzuki.
-I would like to stop off for the day near Mt. Fuji on my way back to Tokyo and so far I've heard Shizuoka is interesting for scenery/tea/strawberry beaches. Is this doable?
-Last 3 nights in Tokyo.
I also welcome Japanese art expo or other sushi related suggestions that are scheduled during my stay and I am still flexible to change the itinerary.
Thanks and Happy 2013!
Japan Restaurant Week and other itinerary questions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 2 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 3 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 4 Good tour/tour operator for Vietnam
- 5 April in Bangkok, again!
- 6 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 7 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 8 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 9 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 10 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 11 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 12 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 13 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 14 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 15 How safe is Delhi/India
- 16 Malaria
- 17 Vietnam and coffee
- 18 I'm going to Japan!
- 19 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 20 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 21 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 22 Cherry blossom
- 23 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 24 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 25 Shopping in Akhiabara