I'm hoping that someone will be able to give feedback and answer itinerary questions for my upcoming trip to Japan 24 January-5 February.
Although travelling alone I have a few contacts in Tokyo to go to eat with and I'm lucky enough to have booked my flights during Japan Restaurant Week (top restaurants with affordable lunch and dinner menus). I will be eating all sorts of Japanese cuisine during the trip but I am mainly interested in trying high class sushi restaurants with the promotion. So my first question is, has anyone tried the following in Tokyo:
Also I have been searching for a day sushi class in tokyo for under 10,000 JPY. So far I've only seen Sakura Sushi school offering classes in simple English. The Tsukiji market walk and sushi making tour looks a little overpriced and mainstream. Has anyone any alternatives to these in Tokyo?
Now, here's my proposed itinerary:
-3 nights in Tokyo.
(Start 7 day JR pass)
-1 night Osaka
-1 day/night Kinosaki. My favourite Ryokan is Onishiya Suisyouen. Has anyone been and in Kinosaki If I get room only, where can I eat the winter crab?
-4 nights in Kyoto. I'm booked for a private sushi cooking class with Kyotouzuki.
-I would like to stop off for the day near Mt. Fuji on my way back to Tokyo and so far I've heard Shizuoka is interesting for scenery/tea/strawberry beaches. Is this doable?
-Last 3 nights in Tokyo.
I also welcome Japanese art expo or other sushi related suggestions that are scheduled during my stay and I am still flexible to change the itinerary.
Thanks and Happy 2013!
Japan Restaurant Week and other itinerary questions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 2 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 3 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 4 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 5 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 6 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 7 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 8 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 9 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 10 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 11 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 12 1st time Japan - solo female
- 13 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 14 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 15 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 16 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 17 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 18 Odyssey unlimited
- 19 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 20 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 21 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 22 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 23 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 24 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 25 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February