I'm hoping that someone will be able to give feedback and answer itinerary questions for my upcoming trip to Japan 24 January-5 February.
Although travelling alone I have a few contacts in Tokyo to go to eat with and I'm lucky enough to have booked my flights during Japan Restaurant Week (top restaurants with affordable lunch and dinner menus). I will be eating all sorts of Japanese cuisine during the trip but I am mainly interested in trying high class sushi restaurants with the promotion. So my first question is, has anyone tried the following in Tokyo:
Also I have been searching for a day sushi class in tokyo for under 10,000 JPY. So far I've only seen Sakura Sushi school offering classes in simple English. The Tsukiji market walk and sushi making tour looks a little overpriced and mainstream. Has anyone any alternatives to these in Tokyo?
Now, here's my proposed itinerary:
-3 nights in Tokyo.
(Start 7 day JR pass)
-1 night Osaka
-1 day/night Kinosaki. My favourite Ryokan is Onishiya Suisyouen. Has anyone been and in Kinosaki If I get room only, where can I eat the winter crab?
-4 nights in Kyoto. I'm booked for a private sushi cooking class with Kyotouzuki.
-I would like to stop off for the day near Mt. Fuji on my way back to Tokyo and so far I've heard Shizuoka is interesting for scenery/tea/strawberry beaches. Is this doable?
-Last 3 nights in Tokyo.
I also welcome Japanese art expo or other sushi related suggestions that are scheduled during my stay and I am still flexible to change the itinerary.
Thanks and Happy 2013!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 2 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 3 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 4 India help needed
- 5 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 6 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 7 Sim cards and adaptors
- 8 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 9 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 10 Sri Lanka Visa
- 11 Hoi Ann hotel
- 12 Hotel in Hanoi
- 13 Place to stay Hue
- 14 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 15 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 16 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 17 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 18 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 19 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 20 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 21 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 22 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 23 Trekking outside Sapa
- 24 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 25 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang