I'm hoping that someone will be able to give feedback and answer itinerary questions for my upcoming trip to Japan 24 January-5 February.
Although travelling alone I have a few contacts in Tokyo to go to eat with and I'm lucky enough to have booked my flights during Japan Restaurant Week (top restaurants with affordable lunch and dinner menus). I will be eating all sorts of Japanese cuisine during the trip but I am mainly interested in trying high class sushi restaurants with the promotion. So my first question is, has anyone tried the following in Tokyo:
Also I have been searching for a day sushi class in tokyo for under 10,000 JPY. So far I've only seen Sakura Sushi school offering classes in simple English. The Tsukiji market walk and sushi making tour looks a little overpriced and mainstream. Has anyone any alternatives to these in Tokyo?
Now, here's my proposed itinerary:
-3 nights in Tokyo.
(Start 7 day JR pass)
-1 night Osaka
-1 day/night Kinosaki. My favourite Ryokan is Onishiya Suisyouen. Has anyone been and in Kinosaki If I get room only, where can I eat the winter crab?
-4 nights in Kyoto. I'm booked for a private sushi cooking class with Kyotouzuki.
-I would like to stop off for the day near Mt. Fuji on my way back to Tokyo and so far I've heard Shizuoka is interesting for scenery/tea/strawberry beaches. Is this doable?
-Last 3 nights in Tokyo.
I also welcome Japanese art expo or other sushi related suggestions that are scheduled during my stay and I am still flexible to change the itinerary.
Thanks and Happy 2013!
Japan Restaurant Week and other itinerary questions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 vietnam and laos
- 2 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 3 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 4 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 5 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 6 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 7 5 nights in Japan.
- 8 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 9 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 10 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 11 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 12 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 13 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 14 BKK Airport Meeting Spot
- 15 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 16 Visa
- 17 Affordable Japan
- 18 Japan tips: where to stay in Tokyo, where to snowboard and day trips
- 19 Castle & King
- 20 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 21 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 22 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 23 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 24 Trip Report : Incredible India!
- 25 Southern India itinerary help needed