Accommodation is all booked - we just can't decide if we need a 7 day or 14 day JR pass for the following itinerary:
Day 1: Arrive Tokyo Narita airport - Tokyo
Day 2: Tokyo area
Day 3: Tokyo - day trip to Kamakura
Day 4: Tokyo - day trip to Nikko
Day 5: Tokyo - Takayama
Day 6: Takayama - Kyoto
Day 7: Kyoto area
Day 8: Kyoto area
Day 9: Kyoto - day trip to Arashiyama
Day 10: Kyoto - day trip to Nara
Day 11: Kyoto - Hiroshima
Day 12: Hiroshima - Miyajima
Day 13: Miyajima - Hiroshima to get the train to Himeji Castle - go back to Tokyo
Day 14: Tokyo area
Day 15: Tokyo - Fly out of Tokyo Narita airport
Also, which day is best to activate the pass?
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Natural Sights in Japan Near Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 2 What's on in Kyoto 4th -9th October 2017
- 3 Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam for 65 year olds
- 4 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 5 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 6 Booking a train and pulling out my hair doing it!
- 7 First time to India
- 8 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 9 where to stay in Busan
- 10 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 11 Thai Jungle Experience
- 12 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 13 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 14 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 15 First time getting out of the country
- 16 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 17 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 18 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 19 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 20 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 21 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 22 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 23 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?