My husband and I are looking into going to Tokyo over the New Year. We were thinking of going from December 27 to January 4 - has anyone been over this period of time? Do you think we would have enough to do? How much is actually closed, in terms of restaurants and stores, karaoke, arcades, etc?
Also, has anyone spent New Years Eve in Tokyo - what is the place? I've heard that Shibuya is great.
We have been to Tokyo before, so it wouldn't be our first visit.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 2 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 3 Passport
- 4 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 5 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 6 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 7 Hotels in Puri
- 8 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 9 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 10 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 11 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 12 Amakusa island help
- 13 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 14 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 15 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 16 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 17 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 18 Japan Itinerary
- 19 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 20 Toddler twin travel in India
- 21 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 22 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 23 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 24 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 25 Help with Kyushu itinerary appreciated.