I'm trying to tie up reservations for our upcoming trip to Osaka. We will be in the area on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, leaving Wednesday night.
Sun/Mon/Tues nights we are booked at the St. Regis Osaka.
Saturday night (11/24) is over a holiday weekend and all hotels are basically sold out. I managed to get a room at the Hotel Plaza Kobe, which seems a bit out of the way (http://www.hotelplazakobe.co.jp/english/outline/index.html
We still have a cancellable reservation at the Sheraton in Osaka for Saturday.
We arrive KIX on a 4 hour flight from HK at around 6am, and my plan was to then head to Kobe, check in, then wander around Kobe, eat some steak, and see the park there. However, then we have to take all our luggage back to Osaka the next day, which might be wasteful. Also, Sunday is the Osaka marathon. Is it worth it to spend the night in Kobe, or should we just arrive at the Sheraton Osaka (on the airport bus), leave our luggage there, and then maybe just do a day trip to Kobe? That should make transfering to the St. Regis the following day easier and less of a time waste.
I have been busy and not had enough time to really look into transit connections/costs for this trip so the help of this forum has been invaluable!
Japan - Osaka/Kobe logistics advice
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 2 1st time Japan - solo female
- 3 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 4 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 5 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 6 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 7 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 8 Odyssey unlimited
- 9 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 10 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 11 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 12 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 13 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 14 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 15 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 16 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 17 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 18 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 19 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 20 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 21 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 24 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 25 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!