I'm trying to tie up reservations for our upcoming trip to Osaka. We will be in the area on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, leaving Wednesday night.
Sun/Mon/Tues nights we are booked at the St. Regis Osaka.
Saturday night (11/24) is over a holiday weekend and all hotels are basically sold out. I managed to get a room at the Hotel Plaza Kobe, which seems a bit out of the way (http://www.hotelplazakobe.co.jp/english/outline/index.html
We still have a cancellable reservation at the Sheraton in Osaka for Saturday.
We arrive KIX on a 4 hour flight from HK at around 6am, and my plan was to then head to Kobe, check in, then wander around Kobe, eat some steak, and see the park there. However, then we have to take all our luggage back to Osaka the next day, which might be wasteful. Also, Sunday is the Osaka marathon. Is it worth it to spend the night in Kobe, or should we just arrive at the Sheraton Osaka (on the airport bus), leave our luggage there, and then maybe just do a day trip to Kobe? That should make transfering to the St. Regis the following day easier and less of a time waste.
I have been busy and not had enough time to really look into transit connections/costs for this trip so the help of this forum has been invaluable!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 2 Japan GTG, early April
- 3 Beijing tours
- 4 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 5 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 6 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 7 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 8 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 9 Takayama trail, Japan
- 10 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 11 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 12 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 13 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 14 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 15 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 16 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 17 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 18 Visa for India
- 19 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 20 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 21 Hútòng Walking
- 22 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
- 23 Singapore SAEX bus service question
- 24 21 Hours in Hong Kong
- 25 best options for cell phone in Vietnam and Thailand