I'm trying to tie up reservations for our upcoming trip to Osaka. We will be in the area on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, leaving Wednesday night.
Sun/Mon/Tues nights we are booked at the St. Regis Osaka.
Saturday night (11/24) is over a holiday weekend and all hotels are basically sold out. I managed to get a room at the Hotel Plaza Kobe, which seems a bit out of the way (http://www.hotelplazakobe.co.jp/english/outline/index.html
We still have a cancellable reservation at the Sheraton in Osaka for Saturday.
We arrive KIX on a 4 hour flight from HK at around 6am, and my plan was to then head to Kobe, check in, then wander around Kobe, eat some steak, and see the park there. However, then we have to take all our luggage back to Osaka the next day, which might be wasteful. Also, Sunday is the Osaka marathon. Is it worth it to spend the night in Kobe, or should we just arrive at the Sheraton Osaka (on the airport bus), leave our luggage there, and then maybe just do a day trip to Kobe? That should make transfering to the St. Regis the following day easier and less of a time waste.
I have been busy and not had enough time to really look into transit connections/costs for this trip so the help of this forum has been invaluable!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 2 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 3 Sim cards and adaptors
- 4 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 5 How to Celebrate New Year 2016 in Pakistan?
- 6 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 7 India help needed
- 8 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 9 Sri Lanka Visa
- 10 Hoi Ann hotel
- 11 Hotel in Hanoi
- 12 Place to stay Hue
- 13 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 14 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 15 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 16 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 17 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 18 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 19 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 20 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 21 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 22 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 23 Trekking outside Sapa
- 24 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 25 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang