I'm trying to tie up reservations for our upcoming trip to Osaka. We will be in the area on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, leaving Wednesday night.
Sun/Mon/Tues nights we are booked at the St. Regis Osaka.
Saturday night (11/24) is over a holiday weekend and all hotels are basically sold out. I managed to get a room at the Hotel Plaza Kobe, which seems a bit out of the way (http://www.hotelplazakobe.co.jp/english/outline/index.html
We still have a cancellable reservation at the Sheraton in Osaka for Saturday.
We arrive KIX on a 4 hour flight from HK at around 6am, and my plan was to then head to Kobe, check in, then wander around Kobe, eat some steak, and see the park there. However, then we have to take all our luggage back to Osaka the next day, which might be wasteful. Also, Sunday is the Osaka marathon. Is it worth it to spend the night in Kobe, or should we just arrive at the Sheraton Osaka (on the airport bus), leave our luggage there, and then maybe just do a day trip to Kobe? That should make transfering to the St. Regis the following day easier and less of a time waste.
I have been busy and not had enough time to really look into transit connections/costs for this trip so the help of this forum has been invaluable!
Japan - Osaka/Kobe logistics advice
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 2 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 3 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 4 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 5 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 6 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 7 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 8 Destination Bangkok, again
- 9 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 10 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 11 Phuket
- 12 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 13 India, What Can I Say!
- 14 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 15 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 16 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 17 Travel during China national week?
- 18 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 19 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 20 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 21 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 22 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 23 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 24 Angkor - when to go?
- 25 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville