I am looking forward to our upcoming trip to Japan in late November. I would love some suggestions as to how to fill our days. We have been to Kyoto / Nara in the past, and want a day or two in Kyoto, but not Nara. We are going specifically for fall foliage, so that will dictate where we go I guess.
I found out the Osaka Marathon is November 25 (sunday) while we are there, which we think might inconvenience us and we're best getting out of Osaka that day. Thoughts?
My idea of a schedule is - please comment!
arrive Saturday 6am, check into hotel (Sheraton), explore Osaka sights
Sunday - have to transfer hotels (to St. Regis), leave bags, then leave Osaka for the day. Kyoto is colors are in bloom, or Kobe.
Monday - Kyoto
Tuesday - another day trip? please help
Wednesday - Osaka - flight leaves at 9pm at night
It seems Mt. Koyo is too much for a day trip (I don't want to spend the night). We don't really want to go to Hiroshima either. I know there are some sand dunes...any other suggestions? Also is Kobe worth a day trip? I hear mixed reviews.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Family Trip to Japan
- 2 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 3 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 4 New Member
- 5 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 6 5 weeks in Japan
- 7 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 8 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 9 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 10 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 11 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 12 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 13 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 14 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 15 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 16 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 17 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 18 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 19 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 20 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 21 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 22 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 23 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 25 India trip report-brief recommendations