I am looking forward to our upcoming trip to Japan in late November. I would love some suggestions as to how to fill our days. We have been to Kyoto / Nara in the past, and want a day or two in Kyoto, but not Nara. We are going specifically for fall foliage, so that will dictate where we go I guess.
I found out the Osaka Marathon is November 25 (sunday) while we are there, which we think might inconvenience us and we're best getting out of Osaka that day. Thoughts?
My idea of a schedule is - please comment!
arrive Saturday 6am, check into hotel (Sheraton), explore Osaka sights
Sunday - have to transfer hotels (to St. Regis), leave bags, then leave Osaka for the day. Kyoto is colors are in bloom, or Kobe.
Monday - Kyoto
Tuesday - another day trip? please help
Wednesday - Osaka - flight leaves at 9pm at night
It seems Mt. Koyo is too much for a day trip (I don't want to spend the night). We don't really want to go to Hiroshima either. I know there are some sand dunes...any other suggestions? Also is Kobe worth a day trip? I hear mixed reviews.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 2 Seoul Searching Questions
- 3 Japanese art
- 4 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 5 Medical Tourism – Globalization of Healthcare
- 6 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 7 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 8 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 9 First time to SEA
- 10 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 11 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 12 Hakone station confusion
- 13 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 14 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 15 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 16 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 17 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 18 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 19 Backstreet Academy
- 20 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 21 Visa on Arrival
- 22 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 23 Cebu where to stay
- 24 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 25 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?