I am looking forward to our upcoming trip to Japan in late November. I would love some suggestions as to how to fill our days. We have been to Kyoto / Nara in the past, and want a day or two in Kyoto, but not Nara. We are going specifically for fall foliage, so that will dictate where we go I guess.
I found out the Osaka Marathon is November 25 (sunday) while we are there, which we think might inconvenience us and we're best getting out of Osaka that day. Thoughts?
My idea of a schedule is - please comment!
arrive Saturday 6am, check into hotel (Sheraton), explore Osaka sights
Sunday - have to transfer hotels (to St. Regis), leave bags, then leave Osaka for the day. Kyoto is colors are in bloom, or Kobe.
Monday - Kyoto
Tuesday - another day trip? please help
Wednesday - Osaka - flight leaves at 9pm at night
It seems Mt. Koyo is too much for a day trip (I don't want to spend the night). We don't really want to go to Hiroshima either. I know there are some sand dunes...any other suggestions? Also is Kobe worth a day trip? I hear mixed reviews.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 2 Japan tickets purchased a itinerary help needed
- 3 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 4 Vietnam in January
- 5 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 6 Italy from an Asian base
- 7 Where to Layover
- 8 2 weeks in Java
- 9 Tokyo & Kyoto
- 10 Interesting destinations for 6 weeks in Jan., Feb., or March
- 11 The Must-see temples in Bali!!
- 12 9 days in Bali
- 13 4.5 days in Singapore
- 14 Blooming chart in Japan
- 15 Travel to India in May?
- 16 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 17 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 18 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 19 Saigon: French, War, Now Ho Chi Minh
- 20 Layover in Hong Kong
- 21 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 22 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 23 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 24 Bus service in Nepal
- 25 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016