I am looking forward to our upcoming trip to Japan in late November. I would love some suggestions as to how to fill our days. We have been to Kyoto / Nara in the past, and want a day or two in Kyoto, but not Nara. We are going specifically for fall foliage, so that will dictate where we go I guess.
I found out the Osaka Marathon is November 25 (sunday) while we are there, which we think might inconvenience us and we're best getting out of Osaka that day. Thoughts?
My idea of a schedule is - please comment!
arrive Saturday 6am, check into hotel (Sheraton), explore Osaka sights
Sunday - have to transfer hotels (to St. Regis), leave bags, then leave Osaka for the day. Kyoto is colors are in bloom, or Kobe.
Monday - Kyoto
Tuesday - another day trip? please help
Wednesday - Osaka - flight leaves at 9pm at night
It seems Mt. Koyo is too much for a day trip (I don't want to spend the night). We don't really want to go to Hiroshima either. I know there are some sand dunes...any other suggestions? Also is Kobe worth a day trip? I hear mixed reviews.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Taiwan itinerary help, only 3 nights/2 days.
- 2 Is this crazy?
- 3 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 4 Japan & WiFi
- 5 2 gals and 2 weeks in Bali
- 6 Bali airport transportation
- 7 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 8 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 9 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 10 Travel Itenary
- 11 Halong Bay cruise
- 12 Vietnam - 15 day Visa Waiver extended until 30 June 2017
- 13 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 14 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 15 Passport for Indonesia
- 16 Fabric shops in India
- 17 8 Days in Central/South Vietnam
- 18 thai baht allowance
- 19 japan itenirary help
- 20 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 21 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 22 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 23 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 24 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 25 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?