I will be in Japan for 14 days next month.
This is the plan:
Fly into Narita-go to Tokyo for 3.5 days
Tokyo to Matsumoto on the Azusa for 1 day
Matusomoto to Takayama by bus 1 day
Takayama to Shirakawa-go by bus and back to Takayama by bus with an overnight in Shirakawa-go
Takayama to Kyoto by train with 1 night in Kyoto
Kyoto to Onomichi by train to do Shimanami Kaido bike ride across islands
Onomichi to Kyoto by train with 2 days in Kyoto and fly out of Osaka
Should I get a JR pass or book each ticket separately?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 2 9 days in Bali
- 3 4.5 days in Singapore
- 4 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 5 Layover in Hong Kong
- 6 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 7 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 8 Blooming chart in Japan
- 9 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 10 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 11 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 12 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 13 Italy from an Asian base
- 14 Bus service in Nepal
- 15 Travel to India in May?
- 16 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 17 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 18 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 19 Advice for a newbie!
- 20 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 21 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 22 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 23 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 24 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 25 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?