I will be in Japan for 14 days next month.
This is the plan:
Fly into Narita-go to Tokyo for 3.5 days
Tokyo to Matsumoto on the Azusa for 1 day
Matusomoto to Takayama by bus 1 day
Takayama to Shirakawa-go by bus and back to Takayama by bus with an overnight in Shirakawa-go
Takayama to Kyoto by train with 1 night in Kyoto
Kyoto to Onomichi by train to do Shimanami Kaido bike ride across islands
Onomichi to Kyoto by train with 2 days in Kyoto and fly out of Osaka
Should I get a JR pass or book each ticket separately?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to avoid MSG in China?
- 2 Thailand and ? 4 weeks summer 2016
- 3 Is Dalat worth a visit?
- 4 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 5 Kyoto to Tokyo airport - Train or Fly
- 6 One month in Java and Bali
- 7 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 8 1 week rental in Kyoto (machiya / apartment)
- 9 Last Minute Advice for my First Visit to Japan
- 10 Langkawi
- 11 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 12 Last Minute 3 week Japan Trip *HELP!*
- 13 Safety of KKH
- 14 SE Asia Mid October
- 15 Honeymoon - Advice Needed
- 16 Inoculations for Vietnam & Camboda
- 17 Visa Service Referral Needed
- 18 Road trip to Rajasthan
- 19 "Ishaani" and "Ranvir" return from 2 weeks in Uzbekistan
- 20 Nepal - Safe to Go Mid Oct? Earthquakes + Political Unrest
- 21 Rerouting My Itinerary/April 2016
- 22 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 23 Lantau Island in November - Need your wisdom
- 24 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 25 Vietnam, or ?, Cruise, or ?