I will be in Japan for 14 days next month.
This is the plan:
Fly into Narita-go to Tokyo for 3.5 days
Tokyo to Matsumoto on the Azusa for 1 day
Matusomoto to Takayama by bus 1 day
Takayama to Shirakawa-go by bus and back to Takayama by bus with an overnight in Shirakawa-go
Takayama to Kyoto by train with 1 night in Kyoto
Kyoto to Onomichi by train to do Shimanami Kaido bike ride across islands
Onomichi to Kyoto by train with 2 days in Kyoto and fly out of Osaka
Should I get a JR pass or book each ticket separately?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 2 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 3 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 4 Tokyo daytrip
- 5 Taiwan confusion..
- 6 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 7 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 8 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 9 Laos- two weeks in January
- 10 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 11 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 12 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 13 Visa for India
- 14 Snapshots From Kerala
- 15 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 16 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 17 Other than Kyoto?
- 18 Japan itinerary advice
- 19 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 20 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 21 Trip Report : China
- 22 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 23 Japan GTG, early April
- 24 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 25 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing