We are embarking on our first trip to Japan in late June 2017 (a little way off, but I am starting all of the research now). Perhaps not the most ideal time, weather wise (given rain, humidity, heat), but that is the only time of year we will get the opportunity, so better then than not at all!
I am generally pretty good at trip planning and researching, but I must say that I am finding Japan a little overwhelming. It seems so vast and diverse.
By way of background, we enjoy the typical sightseeing activities (visiting a few temples and highlights of the region), lots of dining/good food, visiting local markets, etc. We are not into significant hiking (although do like seeing aspects) or art, and shopping is not a major drawcard.
We don't like to do too much travelling/moving of hotels, and prefer a slower pace.
Our plan thus far (apologies for formatting):
Day .5, Friday, 16 June 2017: Leave Sydney to fly to Tokyo (Narita), arriving ~ 5pm.
Day 1, Saturday, 17 June 2017: Tokyo (... + day trips)
Day 2, Sunday, 18 June 2017: Tokyo
Day 3, Monday, 19 June 2017: Tokyo
Day 4, Tuesday, 20 June 2017: Tokyo
Day 5, Wednesday, 21 June 2017: Tokyo
Day 6, Thursday, 22 June 2017: Fly Tokyo to Hiroshima (overnight Hiroshima)
Day 7, Friday, 23 June 2017: Miyajima
Day 8, Saturday, 24 June 2017: Train to Osaka
Day 9, Sunday, 25 June 2017: Osaka
Day 10, Monday, 26 June 2017: Train to Kyoto
Day 11, Tuesday, 27 June 2017: Kyoto (visit Nara on one day)
Day 12, Wednesday, 28 June 2017: Kyoto
Day 13, Thursday, 29 June 2017: Kyoto
Day 14 (13.5), Friday, 30 June 2017: Train to Tokyo via Takayama, fly to Sydney (approximately 7pm)
Where we have transport options, obviously we have allocated losing ~ 1/2 a day; where I have mentioned one location, we will spend both day and night there, unless we are doing a day trip.
Anyone who reviews this will probably think I am a bit lost:
- Too much Tokyo?
- Too much travelling between Day 6-8 (and 10)?
We were thinking it is easier to fly to Hiroshima and backtrack to Tokyo than the other way (noting that we must fly into and out of Narita and cannot open jaw).
Thanks anyone for your feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 마카오경견사이트°‰°] RAcC77 . COM [°‰°마카오경견사이트,마카오경견사이트
- 2 New Years in Japan
- 3 Advice on hotels in Shinjuku
- 4 A Victory Day Tour
- 5 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 6 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 7 Traffic and Police in India
- 8 India visa for new passport
- 9 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 10 What island to visit while visiting HongKong
- 11 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 12 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 13 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 14 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 15 Serendipity Srilanka
- 16 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 17 New Thai Visa
- 18 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 19 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 20 Sri Lanka in December
- 21 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 22 january 31 in colombo
- 23 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 24 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 25 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki