I posted a while ago when I thought I might be going to Japan in December, but my trip was cancelled. But now, I have again decided to give Japan a go and will be leaving this Thursday.
The following is my itinerary. I haven't booked any hotels yet, I just wanted people's advice as to whether the itinerary is too busy or if I am not including the right things, or the right things in the right order.
Here goes -
Day 1: Arrive in Narita at 5:30 PM. Night in Tokyo.
Day 2: Explore Tokyo. Night in Tokyo.
Day 3: Day trip to Nikko. Night in Tokyo.
Day 4: Travel to Takaragawa for an onsen experience. Night in Takaragawa.
Day 5: Travel Takaragawa to Matsumoto, see castle. Night in Matsumoto.
Day 6: Travel Matsumoto to Nakatsugawa. Hike Magome to Tsumago. Night in Tsumago.
Day 7: Travel Tsumago to Nagoya. See Sumo match and cormorant fishing. Night in Nagoya.
Day 8: Travel Nagoya to Kyoto. Night in Kyoto.
Day 9: Explore Kyoto. Night in Kyoto
Day 10: Explore Kyoto. Night in Kyoto
Day 11:Explore Kyoto. Night in Kyoto
Day 12:Explore Kyoto. Night in Kyoto
Day 13: Travel Kyoto to Hiroshima. Explore Peace Park. Travel to Miyajima. Night in Miyajima.
Day 14: Explore Miyajima. Travel to Okayama. Night in Okayama.
Day 15: Explore Korakuen garden. Travel to Osaka.
Day 16: Travel Osaka to Mount Koyasan. Night in Mount Koyasan.
Day 17: Travel to Osaka. Leave from Osaka 4:30 PM.
Any advice is appreciated.
Japan Itinerary - Help Please...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 2 Mekong River Cruises
- 3 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 4 16 days in Vietnam
- 5 Nancy Chandler maps
- 6 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 7 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 8 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 9 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 10 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 11 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 12 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 13 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 14 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 15 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 16 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?
- 17 Help re. Visa.
- 18 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 19 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 20 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 21 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 22 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 23 Ranthambore - where to stay?
- 24 Advice on Tipping in Bali
- 25 flight from Mandalay to Luang Prabang