I posted a while ago when I thought I might be going to Japan in December, but my trip was cancelled. But now, I have again decided to give Japan a go and will be leaving this Thursday.
The following is my itinerary. I haven't booked any hotels yet, I just wanted people's advice as to whether the itinerary is too busy or if I am not including the right things, or the right things in the right order.
Here goes -
Day 1: Arrive in Narita at 5:30 PM. Night in Tokyo.
Day 2: Explore Tokyo. Night in Tokyo.
Day 3: Day trip to Nikko. Night in Tokyo.
Day 4: Travel to Takaragawa for an onsen experience. Night in Takaragawa.
Day 5: Travel Takaragawa to Matsumoto, see castle. Night in Matsumoto.
Day 6: Travel Matsumoto to Nakatsugawa. Hike Magome to Tsumago. Night in Tsumago.
Day 7: Travel Tsumago to Nagoya. See Sumo match and cormorant fishing. Night in Nagoya.
Day 8: Travel Nagoya to Kyoto. Night in Kyoto.
Day 9: Explore Kyoto. Night in Kyoto
Day 10: Explore Kyoto. Night in Kyoto
Day 11:Explore Kyoto. Night in Kyoto
Day 12:Explore Kyoto. Night in Kyoto
Day 13: Travel Kyoto to Hiroshima. Explore Peace Park. Travel to Miyajima. Night in Miyajima.
Day 14: Explore Miyajima. Travel to Okayama. Night in Okayama.
Day 15: Explore Korakuen garden. Travel to Osaka.
Day 16: Travel Osaka to Mount Koyasan. Night in Mount Koyasan.
Day 17: Travel to Osaka. Leave from Osaka 4:30 PM.
Any advice is appreciated.
Japan Itinerary - Help Please...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 2 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 3 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 4 1st time Japan - solo female
- 5 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 6 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 7 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 8 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 9 Odyssey unlimited
- 10 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 11 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 12 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 13 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 14 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 15 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 16 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 17 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 18 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 19 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 20 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 21 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 24 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 25 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!