In the midst of planning our Japan trip (first visit) in October and have a question about the Hakone area and the pass that lets you do the loop of the area via cable car / boat etc.
I am mostly wanting to go there in the hope of seeing Mt Fuji.
We have the time that we could stay overnight, which I'd prefer over a potentially rushed day trip from Tokyo.
My question is- is this area scenic / pretty and does it make an enjoyable trip? Is it worth 2 days of a 13 day itinerary? I have read the 5 Lakes area is also nice but perhaps not as accessible for tourists.
Also, Takayama looks like an interesting place to visit but would need to be at least overnight - can anyone offer advice as to whether this is a good spot?
We enjoy history, photography and short hikes (up to about 4 hours).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 2 Magical India
- 3 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 4 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 5 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 6 Japan Itinerary!
- 7 Vientiane and ??
- 8 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 9 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 10 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 11 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 12 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 13 Himachal Pradesh
- 14 Luggage size China ?
- 15 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 16 Thai Elephants
- 17 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 18 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 19 Sri Lanka in August
- 20 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 21 India itinerary critique please
- 22 Japan/Korea/HK
- 23 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 24 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 25 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays