In the midst of planning our Japan trip (first visit) in October and have a question about the Hakone area and the pass that lets you do the loop of the area via cable car / boat etc.
I am mostly wanting to go there in the hope of seeing Mt Fuji.
We have the time that we could stay overnight, which I'd prefer over a potentially rushed day trip from Tokyo.
My question is- is this area scenic / pretty and does it make an enjoyable trip? Is it worth 2 days of a 13 day itinerary? I have read the 5 Lakes area is also nice but perhaps not as accessible for tourists.
Also, Takayama looks like an interesting place to visit but would need to be at least overnight - can anyone offer advice as to whether this is a good spot?
We enjoy history, photography and short hikes (up to about 4 hours).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 2 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 3 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 4 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 5 Tokyo daytrip
- 6 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 7 Bali - What to do?
- 8 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 9 Impressions of India
- 10 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 11 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 12 Taiwan confusion..
- 13 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 14 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 15 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 16 Laos- two weeks in January
- 17 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 18 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 19 Visa for India
- 20 Snapshots From Kerala
- 21 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 22 Other than Kyoto?
- 23 Japan itinerary advice
- 24 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 25 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback